Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights match program.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
El Presidente said:

DK is not Jesus Christ,

Nice to see you haven't answered my previous message.

So is DK one of the three wise men? I see him more as Joseph. MP is pilot or would he be Judas?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brovian said:
BensGrandad does have a valid point. The people who've covered the £7m all have bits of paper saying that technically they can get their money back. The A&K donators have no such 'security' (and I use the word only in the loosest financial sense) and are effectively being asked to donate to protect the investment of the shareholders.

One response to that is - 'so what?' We're not being asked to bail out Tescos or Sainsburys but our beloved football club. Ultimately Shares, Loans, Stocks and Bonds mean nothing, all that matters is getting the cash in. However there is a part of me that thinks it's been done 'wrong' which is why for my own part whilst I'm happy to buy any number of CDs, fanzines, merchandise etc I am not investing directly in the A&K fund via a Standing Order. I will save that for a Supporters' Trust or Share Issue.

As for the phone in, I'm afraid I can't comment. I haven't listened to any for months as I cannot STAND the numpties who phone in. That applies to all phone-ins, not just Harty's.
What he said. If I didn't know already that Bens Grandad was unfathomably bitter towards Dick Knight, I'd think he had a very valid point. Asking for £2m from the fans is one thing, but will we get a seat on the board - perhaps voted in by season ticket holders? It doesn't sound like it.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I dunno - I thought that free speech was a right enjoyed by the club as well as by dull shit-stirrers like Ian Hart - a man who amply proves the adage "empty vessels make a lot of noise".

So why on earth shouldn't the club use their right to express themselves in order to counter the crap that "good old Harty" comes out with in order to provoke a modicum of interest in the brain-donors corner that is the "Fans Phone In"?

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Man of Harveys said:
I dunno - I thought that free speech was a right enjoyed by the club as well as by dull shit-stirrers like Ian Hart - a man who amply proves the adage "empty vessels make a lot of noise".

So why on earth shouldn't the club use their right to express themselves in order to counter the crap that "good old Harty" comes out with in order to provoke a modicum of interest in the brain-donors corner that is the "Fans Phone In"?

Seems to me some people suffer from memory loss where Harty is concerned. or should it be coincidental memory loss. obviously forgetting what he did in the past. he is not a shit stirrer but lot of fans are concerned and they should be able to voice their opinions and worries.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
It's times like this I wish I bothered to buy the programme.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I am not a great Ian Harte fan, but I listen because fans use the show to clebrate our sucess and question our failures. If DK and MP dont like what we the fans say, tough, no fans no club - worth remembering as withden gate dwindle and we head to Div at a speed of knots. We are the club and the board should remember that.

Tip hat to DK and MP, leave room bowing

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
El Presidente said:

DK is not Jesus Christ, but some of the stick he takes on NSC is a bag of elephant wank.

Firstly, many people worship him as if he was and others crucify him as if he was so are you sure? I appreciate the hard work he has put in over the last 7 years but he wallows in the glory and gets angry at the criticism. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

Having said that I wouldn't do the job. However, for a supposedly astute business man he does seem a bit short sighted at times.

Secondly, can you clarify exactly what a bag of elephant wank is suppose to represent. Not a term I've ever heard even from the northern based Albion fans!

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
binary said:
many people worship him as if he was and others crucify him as if he was so are you sure? I appreciate the hard work he has put in over the last 7 years but he wallows in the glory and gets angry at the criticism. You can't have it both ways I'm afraid.

Having said that I wouldn't do the job. However, for a supposedly astute business man he does seem a bit short sighted at times.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

DK short sighted?....worried about your Spurs ticket then !!

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
I'm not going to have a go at Dick Knight because he does care
about the club despite what some people may say but at the
same time Harty is a fan so he's just saying what some supporters may be thinking.
I love the phone-in and always listen to it on the way home to
Hampshire it makes the journey alot better on the way back
to Hampshire.
Can get the reception untill about Portsmouth.
LONG LIVE FOOTBALL PHONE-IN'S
DAVE ROBERTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here