Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tonights match program.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Keep up the good work Harty, club issues are there to be discussed whether the club approve or not, the phone in is sod all to to do with them, both yourself and the callers have every right to air their views whether they are right or wrong, the way the club are reacting it's like they've something to hide...

???

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
Keep doing what your doing Harty - you cant please all of the people all of the time and I think you do a fantastic job.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Keep it up Harty, worse case scenario would be if someone like Paul Camillin was doing the phone in. The show needs someone independant from the board especially when difficult questions need to be asked. DK & Co are quite happy to mop up the credit and adulation during all the glory but tend to hibernate during the tougher times. It doesn't seem too far before they start adopting censorship and bannings for people who oppose the board in any way

I recently purchased the sky play off final from someone and I had to chuckle when Dick knight said to the interviewer, 'I have to get back to MY fans now'.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Colbourne Kid said:
Bens Grandad -

The Club are not aware of the mystery investors that keep popping up in you posts and friendly pubs nearby.

I know you have had an email from Martin Perry asking you to name the mystery investors. You have not replied.

You do not have to post their identities on here but just email MP with their identities and the Club can contact them.

It is put up or shut up time,

I will speak to Martin on Monday and check whether you have sent an email with the names of the people involved and will post on here whether you have done so.

There is no need for the investor's names to become public knowledge but you can not keep coming on here with your pie in the sky posts without taking some action to bring the two parties together.

If what you are saying is correct and the club do not know of the names being banded about then they are even less astutute than I thought and as such do not deserve assistance.

I am astounded by this statement and for my part will promise never to mention the subject of investors again.

I will not question any decision made by the board nor enter into debate either on here or on SCR about the ability or lack of by the board. I will become a DK and MP puppet.

Are you now happy?

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I think the programme editorial was pretty over the top and smacked of the club throwing their toys out of the pram.

I did not hear the offending phone-in as I was at Millwall and although I listen to it for home games and am not a big fan of it...Mainly due to some of the people that call in. Anyway I thought the idea of such phone-in's was to provoke debate. If people want to come on and make claims no matter how far fetched they sound then it should be just considered part of the show.

Overall I am happy with the current board but they have to understand that if they want praise they also have to take the criticism (however unjust) that comes their way. The club could have had a moan in the editorial but an all out attack was a bit out of order.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are not permitted to say such things Ernest.

I noticed that you have never received an answer to your last question on Ask the Club on 22/11/04 or so it appears from the listing.

Have they contacted you by E Mail with an answer?

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This club NEEDS people like Ian Hart to keep them on their toes.

It is a phone in, it is meant to provoke discussion. I think Ian has done his job responsibly.

I think the board are doing a sterling job, but surly they of all people are awear of the critisim they will come under from time to time?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Ian Hart...100% Albion................NO question. More than we can say for some of the criminals we've had to put up with over the years.

Harty said:
they sell 3,500 programmes whilst 25,000 listen to the phone-in and the same number read my weekly newspaper column

These are very unwise words, Harty, because whether you mean to give this impression or not, it smacks of someone who now thinks they are bigger than the club. The use of the word "they" is very sad too, it's your club Harty, it's not a "them and us" situation.

I don't think you identify any more with the people who run the club, do you?

That's a big shame because I think a fans phone-in has to be broadly supportive of the aims and objectives of the club it is set up to "support". Instead, I think you've become a lightning rod for a very vociferous minority who complain and whinge about everything under the sun, usually in the most ridiculous terms.

Because this has happened, I think your "neutrality" as the phone-in host has been compromised and, now every week that I listen to the phone-in, I am expecting you to make some new dig at the club.

This process has led to a decline in the quality of the phone-in over the past year and, frankly, I think Paul Camillin speaks for many of us who now think the process has gone too far.

I think your current editorial stance is encouraging many people to ring in with anti-club gossip and hearsay and you are not dealing with many of these callers responsibly (the central point of the match programme editorial) when they come up with patently false and borderline libellous accusations. Of course it is a healthy thing from a democratic point of view for fans to adopt a questioning attitude to the club management, but lies and twisted half-truths pedalled by callers are utterly destructive for everyone.

The kind of aggressive, ranting abuse you allowed Dick Knight (when he appeared on the phone-in recently) to receive from "Tough Man" was a disgrace - this anonymous caller should have been told instantly by you to make his point civilly or be cut off.

But this is typical of your flawed approach that senior club officials are now "fair game" for such ranting accusations and must be, somehow, "hiding something" if they object to being treated in this boorish manner.

You have a responsibility for leading an informed and constructive debate into the current very difficult financial plight of the club on the phone-in and it is your failure to do that which has prompted the match programme editorial. They are long overdue words in my view, my congratulations to whoever wrote them, whether it was Paul Camillin, Dick Knight himself, whoever.

The plain fact is Harty, if you are going to keep going down this self-destructive road of forcing fans to choose between supporting you or supporting Dick Knight, the vast majority will support Dick Knight. You must realise that, surely?

In perhaps six or so months time, the Albion are going to win the biggest battle in their 104-history. All of today's moaners and whingers will be flushed down the toilet of history as soon as the Falmer victory arrives. They will be instantly forgotten in the huge celebrations that will ensue.

I think you have to consider seriously whether your current soured relations with the management of the club that is delivering this brave new world for all of us is good for you, the phone-in or any fan of the Albion.

If you are intent on keeping up your campaign against Dick Knight and his fellow directors, then, nothing personal, I hope you will be replaced by BBC SCR on the phone-in. You can then take your appropriate place among the legitimately opinionated callers to the show who have their agenda to push and axe to grind.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
London Irish said:
These are very unwise words, Harty, because whether you mean to give this impression or not, it smacks of someone who now thinks they are bigger than the club. The use of the word "they" is very sad too, it's your club Harty, it's not a "them and us" situation.

That's a big shame because I think a fans phone-in has to be broadly supportive of the aims and objectives of the club it is set up to "support". Instead, I think you've become a lightning rod for a very vociferous minority who complain and whinge about everything under the sun, usually in the most ridiculous terms.

Because this has happened, I think your "neutrality" as the phone-in host has been compromised and, now every week that I listen to the phone-in, I am expecting you to make some new dig at the club.

This process has led to a decline in the quality of the phone-in over the past year and, frankly, I think Paul Camillin speaks for many of us who now think the process has gone too far.

I think your current editorial stance is encouraging many people to ring in with anti-club gossip and hearsay and you are not dealing with many of these callers responsibly (the central point of the match programme editorial) when they come up with patently false and borderline libellous accusations. Of course it is a healthy thing from a democratic point of view for fans to adopt a questioning attitude to the club management, but lies and twisted half-truths pedalled by callers are utterly destructive for everyone.

The kind of aggressive, ranting abuse you allowed Dick Knight (when he appeared on the phone-in recently) to receive from "Tough Man" was a disgrace - this anonymous caller should have been told instantly by you to make his point civilly or be cut off.

But this is typical of your flawed approach that senior club officials are now "fair game" for such ranting accusations and must be, somehow, "hiding something" if they object to being treated in this boorish manner.

You have a responsibility for leading an informed and constructive debate into the current very difficult financial plight of the club on the phone-in and it is your failure to do that which has prompted the match programme editorial. They are long overdue words in my view, my congratulations to whoever wrote them, whether it was Paul Camillin, Dick Knight himself, whoever.

The plain fact is Harty, if you are going to keep going down this self-destructive road of forcing fans to choose between supporting you or supporting Dick Knight, the vast majority will support Dick Knight. You must realise that, surely?

In perhaps six or so months time, the Albion are going to win the biggest battle in their 104-history. All of today's moaners and whingers will be flushed down the toilet of history as soon as the Falmer victory arrives. They will be instantly forgotten in the huge celebrations that will ensue.

I think you have to consider seriously whether your current soured relations with the management of the club that is delivering this brave new world for all of us is good for you, the phone-in or any fan of the Albion.

If you are intent on keeping up your campaign against Dick Knight and his fellow directors, then, nothing personal, I hope you will be replaced by BBC SCR on the phone-in. You can then take your appropriate place among the legitimately opinionated callers to the show who have their agenda to push and axe to grind.

A sensible response.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

LEWES CLIFF

Mar 7, 2004
Couldnt disagree more with London Irish,i have slated Harty in the past but he runs a very good show and allows ALL to have a view,has every point of view given on air have to be based on fact?You have twisted Harts reply in exactly the manner you critise him for London Irish. :nono: :nono: :nono:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
People can hardly blame Mr Hart for the standard of intelligence of the people who phone in.(Albion wise I mean)

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
London Irish said:

Whilst this an excellently put together post I think you are quite well wide of the mark and have gone off on a tangent. I cannot believe you think Harty has an anit-club agenda. Surely he cannot be responsibe for every idiot that calls that show?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To question the club is healthy, be it me or Ian Hart, but people on the phone in should gove their own names.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
e77 said:
To question the club is healthy, be it me or Ian Hart, but people on the phone in should gove their own names.

If we follow like sheep we could allow a new Archer type situation....abusing DK on the radio is equally unacceptable.
if the club control the content there is no point having the phone in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here