Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Robinson

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's about opinions, of course. I think NSC is much better than ten years ago. Perhaps we are older and wiser.

I think it's important to not see things in a political way. I describe myself these days as apolitical after finally having having an epiphany about how important it is to realise ones own values rather than cloaking in another's.

The threads I enjoy the most are those of specific interest. There's on for bird spotters and one for Formula 1. One for Aussie rules and another for growing tomatoes and chillis. I'd start one on buses if I thought about it, and folk would join. That's what you call a broad church.

I've rarely had a 'spat' with anyone- okay, maybe over The Hundred.... But I find that if you are civil and address annoyance with nothing more than benign sarcasm all is well. But NSC is not a politics forum and those threads are where least gets resolved. I find myself on them less and less. But it's the manor of engagement that is always important. There are plenty of folk here who I would disagree with politically but have had great engagement with. Always got to see folk for values and not the colour of rosettes.

Oh, and the support. The mental health thread. I opened up about some issues I had on there and had PMs that brought tears to my eyes. Folk who didn't know reaching out in kindness. I'd say as football forums go this is Premier League. And if I had to compare to a team ? Well, probably Brighton. Strange that :)
Think I have had a spat with most people on here, sorry if I have missed you out.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Think I have had a spat with most people on here, sorry if I have missed you out.
I'm sure we could find something. Anybody who likes the developments in modern cricket normally has me spitting the dummy.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I'm sure we could find something. Anybody who likes the developments in modern cricket normally has me spitting the dummy.
In the interest of developing a spat, I am going to say I love them, (what are they)?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He’s off, never to return, and it’s all your fault apparently Harold 🤣🤣
I’ll let you know what time he’s back on this morning
Top flounce though 👍
How very delicious :lolol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As for the board being dominated by the left?

Probably a combination of it being a very liberal area and the days of posting insensitive stuff are gone. People are more accountable for what they post online .
Also not forgetting many of our more vocal right wing members ended up being banned for a number of different reasons, including (but not limited to) trolling, abuse, racism and homophobia. Those of us on the left might be more numerous these days but that’s mostly because we don’t keep getting banned.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also not forgetting many of our more vocal right wing members ended up being banned for a number of different reasons, including (but not limited to) trolling, abuse, racism and homophobia. Those of us on the left might be more numerous these days but that’s mostly because we don’t keep getting banned.
It is entirely Darwinian.

And the dodos bloody hate it.

And to add, my 20 plus experience of NSC is that it was politicized by a small number of extreme right wing sorts, most if not all now banned for trolling and abuse.

They would start a new thread every time a Muslim or a black person did something that got into the news (anything from committing terrorism to wanting to build a mosque) and would start a thread any time someone left of centre generated a news headline, and they would start a new thread every time they found something on the internet purporting to show that someone left wing had said or done something they didn't like.

They would start threads about the 'so called religion of peace' (islam).

Every November they would start threads about the IRA, and they would get lots of likes from the slower quieter right wing element on here, folk who don't post much but always give a thumbs up to 'certain' types of post. A couple of them have been showing their thumb on this thread. Fancy that.

And they would gang up on any poster who objected. I will mention one. @The Clamp. He received relentless bullying from one particular poster, who wasn't satisfied trolling under one user name, but had several.

It took a while for me to pluck up the courage to stand up to these these right wing bullies. I even tried being 'matey' with a couple of them but it was a waste of time in the end.

So, get this, NSC has become a hostile environment for racism, sexism, islamophobia, antisemitism, and political weaponization of daily events (which was mostly in order to attack the left). People have responded. Even right of centre traditional Tories have spoken up.

And, fancy that, some right wing types don't like it. And I mean some types. I mean the ones who are comfortable with lazy prejudicial tropes, and uncomfortable with 'difference'.

Well boo f***ing hoo. As one of the cocky old right wingers used to say on here, dry your eyes.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Plus, as the recent anti immigration protests around the country and especially Brighton showed us, there are simply a lot more of us than them👍

IMG_1710.jpeg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Before I press ignore thread, well done @jackalbion for making it a decent read before the usual dullards got involved and made it an ignore fest.
Just got bored after the same posters came along and started arguing amongst themselves, instead of making any valid points.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And to add, my 20 plus experience of NSC is that it was politicized by a small number of extreme right wing sorts, most if not all now banned for trolling and abuse.

They would start a new thread every time a Muslim or a black person did something that got into the news (anything from committing terrorism to wanting to build a mosque) and would start a thread any time someone left of centre generated a news headline, and they would start a new thread every time they found something on the internet purporting to show that someone left wing had said or done something they didn't like.

They would start threads about the 'so called religion of peace' (islam).

Every November they would start threads about the IRA, and they would get lots of likes from the slower quieter right wing element on here, folk who don't post much but always give a thumbs up to 'certain' types of post. A couple of them have been showing their thumb on this thread. Fancy that.

And they would gang up on any poster who objected. I will mention one. @The Clamp. He received relentless bullying from one particular poster, who wasn't satisfied trolling under one user name, but had several.

It took a while for me to pluck up the courage to stand up to these these right wing bullies. I even tried being 'matey' with a couple of them but it was a waste of time in the end.

So, get this, NSC has become a hostile environment for racism, sexism, islamophobia, antisemitism, and political weaponization of daily events (which was mostly in order to attack the left). People have responded. Even right of centre traditional Tories have spoken up.

And, fancy that, some right wing types don't like it. And I mean some types. I mean the ones who are comfortable with lazy prejudicial tropes, and uncomfortable with 'difference'.

Well boo f***ing hoo. As one of the cocky old right wingers used to say on here, dry your eyes.
To be fair, I used to gob off on here a lot. But I’m very glad the days of the Bear Pit are long gone.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
In the interest of developing a spat, I am going to say I love them, (what are they)?
All senior men's cricketers have to play in the nude. I'm glad it has brought you to the sport (y)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Plus, as the recent anti immigration protests around the country and especially Brighton showed us, there are simply a lot more of us than them👍

View attachment 187072
In fairness there is one less of you at the moment, mister yellow top who not content with spitting as hard as he could at 3 of them also decided to push a police officer out of the way so he could clump one of the right wing c***s. He's going to be unavailable for a number of months now. The one thing I'm sure we can all agree on though is it's good to have another thug off the streets for a while at least.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I find it really hard to agree with any of your posts in the past, but.....it's hard to disagree with this posting of yours.

Allegedly over 30,000 members on this forum ( :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) but a forum that is utterly dominated by so few.

We have a premier League Football Club.

A Premier League Chairman.

A Premier League CEO

Some absolutely amazing and longstanding supporters who helped see this football club through the troubled years.

A football forum that is County League at best.

And one Moderator that doesn't even reach Park Football Standard.

It's unfortunate that our Forum owner is very much concerned with his close family ( and I wish him and his family well during these horribly difficult times ). I've always had much respect for him as I'm sure 99.99% of posters agree. Just lately..( the last year or so ) this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else.... except the left wing and utter bores like Watford zero.

I vary between right of centre and left of centre depending on what's happening to our Government and what's happening in the world at large.

Northstandchat is still the best Football forum for our club, but only because there really isn't any alternative.

It's sad and disappointing what it has been allowed to become.
Agree 100%, the number of members online represents about 1% of a Saturday gate.

Having a membership posting that skews left in itself isn't to much of a problem(although county demographics would skew right). Its just that this cohort appear to be labour party members and activists and a bunch of horrible bastards backed up by an imbecile with a mod panel.

Reactions: cjd

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022

I got may last ban for calling someone a retard with a mod comment "We dont use that word here", a quick search showed those on the left using it. This was in response to being called scum by one and a moron by another. Neither got a ban. This explains the difference in numbers I would guess.

2 tier moderating as well as 2 tier policing. 🤣

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Interesting use of 'you' there.
If that's in reply to my post then I also used the word 'them' as well. Clamp referred to 'us' and 'them' but not being part of 'us' ( or 'them' for that matter) I used the word 'you'. If you'd prefer me to use another word then feel free to let me know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here