Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Robinson

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
In fairness there is one less of you at the moment, mister yellow top who not content with spitting as hard as he could at 3 of them also decided to push a police officer out of the way so he could clump one of the right wing c***s. He's going to be unavailable for a number of months now. The one thing I'm sure we can all agree on though is it's good to have another thug off the streets for a while at least.
A good day not to wear my yellow Jacket.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Agree 100%, the number of members online represents about 1% of a Saturday gate.

Having a membership posting that skews left in itself isn't to much of a problem(although county demographics would skew right). Its just that this cohort appear to be labour party members and activists and a bunch of horrible bastards backed up by an imbecile with a mod panel.

So 6 Labour, 5 Lib Dems, 5 Tory and 1 Green MP in the county is a right wing skew :facepalm:

I think I see why, with your grasp of facts, you may be struggling understanding the make up of NSC :dunce:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It is entirely Darwinian.

And the dodos bloody hate it.

And to add, my 20 plus experience of NSC is that it was politicized by a small number of extreme right wing sorts, most if not all now banned for trolling and abuse.

They would start a new thread every time a Muslim or a black person did something that got into the news (anything from committing terrorism to wanting to build a mosque) and would start a thread any time someone left of centre generated a news headline, and they would start a new thread every time they found something on the internet purporting to show that someone left wing had said or done something they didn't like.

They would start threads about the 'so called religion of peace' (islam).

Every November they would start threads about the IRA, and they would get lots of likes from the slower quieter right wing element on here, folk who don't post much but always give a thumbs up to 'certain' types of post. A couple of them have been showing their thumb on this thread. Fancy that.

And they would gang up on any poster who objected. I will mention one. @The Clamp. He received relentless bullying from one particular poster, who wasn't satisfied trolling under one user name, but had several.

It took a while for me to pluck up the courage to stand up to these these right wing bullies. I even tried being 'matey' with a couple of them but it was a waste of time in the end.

So, get this, NSC has become a hostile environment for racism, sexism, islamophobia, antisemitism, and political weaponization of daily events (which was mostly in order to attack the left). People have responded. Even right of centre traditional Tories have spoken up.

And, fancy that, some right wing types don't like it. And I mean some types. I mean the ones who are comfortable with lazy prejudicial tropes, and uncomfortable with 'difference'.

Well boo f***ing hoo. As one of the cocky old right wingers used to say on here, dry your eyes.

There are still plenty of right leaning posters on here and most are worthy of a discussion.

What we don't have (unlike our beloved team) is many 'wingers'. Right or left.

Although, as you say it really isn't about political leanings. More about not being those things you list and being able to construct a reasonable argument using facts and logic.

It may be that their is a certain culture on NSC but for me it is more about being called out for positing unsubstantiated/poorly researched bilge.

Personally I quite like it, the bilge posters probably do not but surely there are other places to spew their halfbaked opinions. Tommy Robinson's twitter feed or the Daily Mail comments section spring to mind.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I got may last ban for calling someone a retard with a mod comment "We dont use that word here", a quick search showed those on the left using it. This was in response to being called scum by one and a moron by another. Neither got a ban. This explains the difference in numbers I would guess.

2 tier moderating as well as 2 tier policing. 🤣
Still pretending to be confused about that one are you?

It was explained by another poster pretty clearly.

Bilge.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is the reference to Harold, @Harry Wilson's tackle ?

I'm surprised as I actually really like his posts; in fact, I'd become a Harry Wilson tackle patreon if NSC had the option.
I agree, politically we're probably a long way apart on many things, but he's civil, respectful of counter views and often funny.

I'd buy him a pint and sure we'd find much in common as Albion fans, but not sure I'd donate!

Last edited:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I got may last ban for calling someone a retard with a mod comment "We dont use that word here", a quick search showed those on the left using it. This was in response to being called scum by one and a moron by another. Neither got a ban. This explains the difference in numbers I would guess.

And two tier posting …. Guess which tier you are on?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just lately..( the last year or so ) this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else....
You seem to have this belief that NSC has some kind of duty to be representative or balanced (two incredibly subjective terms in any case) - may I ask why?

NSC is not the BBC, it is a privately owned and operated forum with no duty to anyone in respect of balance or representation of any kind.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Northstandchat is still the best Football forum for our club, but only because there really isn't any alternative.

It's sad and disappointing what it has been allowed to become.
Feel free to start your own. Let us all know how you get on.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I find it really hard to agree with any of your posts in the past, but.....it's hard to disagree with this posting of yours.

Allegedly over 30,000 members on this forum ( :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:) but a forum that is utterly dominated by so few.

It's unfortunate that our Forum owner is very much concerned with his close family ( and I wish him and his family well during these horribly difficult times ). I've always had much respect for him as I'm sure 99.99% of posters agree. Just lately..( the last year or so ) this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else.... except the left wing and utter bores like Watford zero.

I vary between right of centre and left of centre depending on what's happening to our Government and what's happening in the world at large.

Northstandchat is still the best Football forum for our club, but only because there really isn't any alternative.

It's sad and disappointing what it has been allowed to become.

The whole country is dominated by the pinko intelligentsia these days. We had the left wing economic establishment take down our PM manque. The woke billionaires running our beloved tabloids. Lefty lynch mobs vocally lynching genuine patriotic lynch mobs. No wonder it's spilled over onto NSC and these days if you use a dated slur, you get a̶r̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ a̶n̶d̶ t̶h̶r̶o̶w̶n̶ i̶n̶ j̶a̶i̶l̶ a temporary ban. World's gone mad

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Warnings remain entirely private between the moderators and the person receiving that warning.

As such, you would have no idea whether the person calling you a name received a warning, in the same way, no one else would have visibility of any warnings issued to you.

I've issued numerous warnings to those who seem to align with the political left for being abusive.

In short, play the ball and not the man. If you play the man, and it's reported or we happen to notice it anyway, then a warning will be issued regardless of where your political allegiances lie.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just lately..( the last year or so ) this forum is now dominated by the Left wing. It doesn't represent the average Albion supporter or anything else.... except the left wing and utter bores like Watford zero.
There's probably not much solid data on the political views of different clubs' fans. However, we know (from a survey back in 2017) that 81% of BHAFC fans voted against Brexit (easily the highest proportion of any EPL team), and we know (from the GE last month) that Brighton & Hove voted overwhelmingly for left wing parties (Brighton Pavilion around 85% left wing [Green + Labour + LibDem] and Brighton Kemptown approx 75% leftwing). So I guess it's not a surprise that NSC has a left-leaning perspective. And I think that's very likely to be matched in the stadium itself (eg: the applause for players taking the knee has always seemed pretty universal at The Amex....especially compared to some grounds I've been to "oop north"!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
There's probably not much solid data on the political views of different clubs' fans. However, we know (from a survey back in 2017) that 81% of BHAFC fans voted against Brexit (easily the highest proportion of any EPL team), and we know (from the GE last month) that Brighton & Hove voted overwhelmingly for left wing parties (Brighton Pavilion around 85% left wing [Green + Labour + LibDem] and Brighton Kemptown approx 75% leftwing). So I guess it's not a surprise that NSC has a left-leaning perspective. And I think that's very likely to be matched in the stadium itself (eg: the applause for players taking the knee has always seemed pretty universal at The Amex....especially compared to some grounds I've been to "oop north"!
100% and both obvious and self evident.

Stray off of Albion related comment and it stands to reason any political discourse is going to be dominated like that. Of course that can also make it a bit of an echo chamber on some issues and not neccessarily indicative of national sentiments, but that is the majority view of the local community our club is embedded in.

The demographic of Albions catchment is very similar to the demographic of NSC and the wider fan base. Go figure!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here