Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think some of the comments on this thread are harsh but I don't think Tommy Fraser will prove us wrong. Russell Slade is trying to build a squad to challenge for the top six and then hopefully a Championship side and, in my opinion, none of the players released today fit that criteria with the possible exception of Sullivan who has the potential to be. Hinsh was comfortably that good initially but injuries have taken their toll.

Good luck to all the players who have been released especially the younger ones who came through the ranks and for what it's worth I think Tommy will go to a League 2 side and do well (he may even get a deal from a lower League 1 side) but I would be surprised if he proves Slade wrong.

I actually agree with everything you've said there. Maybe "he will prove us wrong" was the wrong wording. I think he could have done a job for us as a squad player at the top end of this division. Fair enough Slade doesn't agree with me, and he does see him in training etc.

I have seen enough from him while he's been at the Albion to suggest that he will have no trouble finding another club, in this league. I have always rated him as a combative midfielder but if Slade feels he can get his own man in to do a better job in his team then I'm quite happy to trust his judgement on that.

It is possible that he will prove us wrong though and I hope he does.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ththing with Tommy is that he does the 'dirty job' and doesnt get thecredit he deserves!

He sits deep and breaks up the play which allows the other midfielders the chance to get forward more.

I would have given him another year as he is clearly good enough for this division even if not the Championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Tommy Fraser is still learning his trade, and part of the problem is fans see the likes of Rooney, Walcott and Milner and think other players should be the finished article at the same age. Those three players are especially talented, while most pros take 3 or 4 seasons to acclimatise.

I've never seen Fraser give anything less than 100% to the Albion and I hope it works out for him at his next club. I still think he could have done a job next season and our loss might be Brentford or Wycombe's gain.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just to echo what other have said, WW and TCB you really need to learn the basics of respect. Several local lads, Tommy in particular, have just lost their job doing something they loved and that most of us would kill for so are clearly gonna be finding today rather difficult. The last thing they, or any close friends and family who are likely to be on here need is arseholes like you spouting abuse like that.

Every player released today would no doubt admit they were not the best player in the team but the vast majority have contributed at some point and the local ones in particular have shown the commitment that plenty of better players this season have not.

All it takes is a bit of decency to wish someone all the best for the future, regardless of what you feel about their footballing ability. Let's be fair, if I was Tommy Fraser and Brentford called me right now offering the same money as I was on at Albion and in the same divison i'd be delighted to have a job again but still very upset at not being able to play for the club i support any more. This is not just about having A job, for some of these players about The job

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just to echo what other have said, WW and TCB you really need to learn the basics of respect. Several local lads, Tommy in particular, have just lost their job doing something they loved and that most of us would kill for so are clearly gonna be finding today rather difficult. The last thing they, or any close friends and family who are likely to be on here need is arseholes like you spouting abuse like that.

Every player released today would no doubt admit they were not the best player in the team but the vast majority have contributed at some point and the local ones in particular have shown the commitment that plenty of better players this season have not.

All it takes is a bit of decency to wish someone all the best for the future, regardless of what you feel about their footballing ability. Let's be fair, if I was Tommy Fraser and Brentford called me right now offering the same money as I was on at Albion and in the same divison i'd be delighted to have a job again but still very upset at not being able to play for the club i support any more. This is not just about having A job, for some of these players about The job

But it's just the internet innit ? Nothing is taken seriously blah, blah, f***ing blah. Course I wouldn't say it to his face, it's the internet innit...

Totally agree by the way.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Fair points there. I've made one comment about him being a conference player to ignite the fire and, to be honest, it was stupid but I think people are overreacting too. It's certainly not "abuse." I have seen abuse on here today, particularly towards Mayo, and I think it's totally out of order. I'm all for slagging the players off when they are under contract, being paid, and performing badly. But firstly, this lot are now out of a job, and secondly they have just kept us up (even if everyone rates their contribution differently).

What I am sure about though is that none of the players we released today will be out of a job in August. They'll definitely all be moving down a division, but I don't think any have to worry about being unemployed.

The only reason people are reacting is because you have "form" and lots of it.

Whilst it may seem like one big game winding other people up on here, you've got to face up to the fact that your comments might be read by their friends and families.

I don't think my family would enjoy comments like the ones you've made about Tommy Fraser and Adam El Ebd if they were me. I'd imagine they'd be quite hurt to be honest.

Before you say they were simply comments about their playing ability, well you crossed that line many many times.

Like a lot of young people these days, it may be worth figuring out where the virtual world of the internet ends and the real world starts.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The only reason people are reacting is because you have "form" and lots of it.

Whilst it may seem like one big game winding other people up on here, you've got to face up to the fact that your comments might be read by their friends and families.

I don't think my family would enjoy comments like the ones you've made about Tommy Fraser and Adam El Ebd if they were me. I'd imagine they'd be quite hurt to be honest.

Before you say they were simply comments about their playing ability, well you crossed that line many many times.

Like a lot of young people these days, it may be worth figuring out where the virtual world of the internet ends and the real world starts.

youhitthenailonthehead.jpg

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Hopefully Withdean Wanker and The Complete Bellend will lose their jobs soon (if they even have them) then we can all have a good gloat, make some personal remarks about how f***ing useless they were at it and how their next employers will be highly unfortunate to have them and they'll see how they like it. Pair of utter twats the both of them, and yes I will say that to their faces, unlike either of them who I suspect wouldn't dream of saying what they have on here to Mr Fraser in person.

Good luck Tommy by the way. Surprised you were released, as others have said you always gave 100% for the stripes and if everyone had last season we wouldn't have been the shower we were for most of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here