Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Do you think he's going straight there this summer, or will he get a year in league two?

If any scouts watch our games they'll see that he probably contributed the least of all to the games he played, bar the goal at Hereford, so I can't see why they'd sign him. Could imagine Rents encouraging the Crawley staff to sign up his best mate though.

What a stupid, stupid post. He's by far good enogh for League One and I'd imagine he'll go on to prove us wrong for releasing him.

Good enough at doing what? Breaking teams down? No. Penetrating them? No.
Running around loads but doing bugger all? Yes.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Indeed. He's going to make some conference club a very mediocre midfielder. Bad luck to them.

I actually reckon he'll mug a year's contract off a league two club purely on the basis that he played the last 8 games when we stayed up. It'll be conference after that though.

Well waddaya know? Only 2 minutes ago I was mildly impressed at your display, finally, of maturity on the Kerry Mayo thread. Then I click over to this thread and see you acting like a complete cunt once again.

A young lad who gave his all for the club he supported has lost his job today and faces great uncertainty in his future. And all you can do is bitch. Nice, be proud of yourself.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I cant believe people are biting back to WW and TCB. Nobody values their opinions and most people know they are just a wind up.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Gave 100%, but not good enough if we seriously want to consider pushing for the Championship.

He'll find himself a League Two club no trouble I would have thought.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
He gave his all in the run-in ( including a pretty important goal at Hereford ) and for that he can walk away with his head held high.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Couldn't pass, couldn't run with the ball, couldn't shoot, couldn't head, couldn't win the ball...but won over the masses by 'giving 100%' which I suppose can at least be appreciated.

Good luck to him.

Along with Sullivan (who I think is going as Slade intends to bring in a new keeper and Kuipers will be No. 2) Fraser was the only other one I was surprised at.

His inclusion along with Hart at the end of the season coincided with our change in fortunes.

Instead of some journeyman loan midfielder who couldn't give a toss, we had someone who cared.

Having watched him from the Youth Team upwards I am personally saddened by his departure.

I agree he may not be a championship player, but we ain't in the Championship - I would have given him a year.

Can we now try and offload Hawkins and McLard - I guess they still have contracts?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
He's shit, if we're going to push on we need players that have the technical ability to play, and just be nice to them because they 'give 100%' or are 'local lads come through the youth'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You're very sensitive if you find offence in that. It's an opinion about a footballer on a football website. What a SHOCK. Oh, and it would seem that the GOD that is Russell would agree with me, so I'm clearly not too stupid.

Here we go again, displaying that when it comes down to it, you either really...

a) Just don't get it, or
b) Don't have a decent bone in your body.

Can you really not see how the below, for example, differs from your stock-in-trade vicious bile?

"I'm not surprised Fraser has been released as I really don't think he has enough at this level. However he is Brighton through and through and always gave his all, nomatter how limited that was.

He must be facing an uncertain future tonight, but good luck to him in sorting himself out."

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He's shit, if we're going to push on we need players that have the technical ability to play, and just be nice to them because they 'give 100%' or are 'local lads come through the youth'.

Shit Maybe.., but surely you respect him for his part in the relegation fight?
He can walk away with his head held high for his efforts in saving us from league2 as far as im concerned.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I see Fraser as being a young Oatway. He is going to improve, but far from the finished product. Oatway did not reach his peak until late on in his career and I would expect Fraser to make a name for himself, somewhere, in some respect. Deserves a lot more respect than some people are willing to give him.

Sad to see him go and all the best for the future.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Thanks tommy. Good luck for the future. Wouyld be nice to see you down at eastbourne next season with sulli and a couple others!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Call it bitching if you like, but facts are that the players we released today are going to league two or the conference. And I'm sorry if anyone finds that insulting or offensive, but when they're all signed up at new clubs in a couple of months let's see who was right.

As above, it's not about that at all. At least not for me. You're absolutely right - some will say "should have kept him on" and some, like you will be of the opinion that releasing him is right.

However, it is your delivery of that sentiment which is nearly always vicious and nasty. See my example above - same sentiment but somewhat better presented.

I don't expect you to 'get it' as you never have before. You just come across as a nasty, bitter piece of work. Good luck with that.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Shit Maybe.., but surely you respect him for his part in the relegation fight?
He can walk away with his head held high for his efforts in saving us from league2 as far as im concerned.

Yes obviously. But we have to look to build for the future and I (and obviously Slade) don't think he's good enough to play for us as we (hopefully) move on.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Instead of some journeyman loan midfielder who couldn't give a toss, we had someone who cared.
You could add Dog Loft in there too,

I am personally saddened by his departure.

I agree he may not be a championship player, but we ain't in the Championship - I would have given him a year.

Can we now try and offload Hawkins and McLard - I guess they still have contracts?
Fully agree with that - disappointed to see him go. For me, one of the most heart-warming things (apart from actually staying up!) about our incredible escape (and bear in mind that if we could keep up our form of the last 7 or 8 games for a whole season we'd be looking at 90 points and going up as champions), and which made us all warm to RS so much, was that he did it with 'Brighton Boys' playing their hearts out.
Yes, I do want success, and I realise we have to buy in a bit more quality, but I also like to see a real local feel to the team too - hope RS manages to do both, but losing Fraser - and Loft and Sully - is a big blow to that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Indeed. He's going to make some conference club a very mediocre midfielder. Bad luck to them.

You really are a rather vile human being. A man has lost his job here, someone who clearly cared very passionately about what he was doing and wanted it far more than most of the other forty players who have pulled on the blue and white shirt this season and largely disappointed.

I bet you couldn't wait to post your usual spiteful shite when you found out the news. You know plenty of players read this message board. How will Tommy Fraser feel if he reads the crap that you have posted? :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here