Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser

Scottiee7

Aug 31, 2008
I like him he gave me his boots and he shouted at a steward for pushing me and my mates and gave 100%

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Maybe, but I'm also one of the best judges of a footballer on this site if Russell Slade is to be trusted.

From where or how do you come to that conclusion? Slade hasnt said he is not good enough for Div 1, as you have on many occassions, he has just said that his future is not with us as he is hoping to build a side to challenge for promotion, which incidentaslly looks like getting a new goalkeeper possibly as No 1.

I think that Fraser will get a chance with a team like Brentford, Orient, Gilligham etc.

Using your criteria I am a better judge than you because I have said that Loft and Hinshlewood are not good enough not of course forgetting FDM! I disagree with RS on Whing but he did improve when Slade arrived so can understandthe offer of another contract.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hold on, I haven't made any personal remarks. I've simply discussed football matters. And I'm delighted with what Russell's done today, so why shouldn't I express that? The fact that 12 guys are out of a job is the sad product of that, but they'll get others. Instead of laying into me for some very mild comments, I suggest you go to the Kerry Mayo thread where your post would be far more suited to several posters on there.

I don't necessarily disagree with the decision, but there are ways of stating that which do not need to resort to the kind of playground insults that you have have chosen to throw at a local lad who has given his all for this football club. Thankfully, I've never lost a job and I can't imagine the shit that Tommy Fraser is going through right now. Perhaps you should respect that in the same way that you have apparently shown respect to Kerry Mayo... the player that you posted a load of disrespectful crap about last season.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Show some respect for a lad who grew up blue and white and always respected the integrity of the stripes by giving his all. If this inspires you to abuse of his lot then you, not he are the the loser today.
All the best TF.
PG

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think Slade has made the right call here but I'm still sad to see him go.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There are tens of other posts on this site today saying worse about Fraser or other released players than anything I've posted. In fact, I've said no worse than those who are saying "will do a job for Lewes" type things. So, with respect, put it in perspective.

Fraser will get another club. He's too young not to. He's made enough appearances for us to get his name about in the football world, and due to his age he'll be quite cheap to sign. So I respect the fact he'll be gutted tonight, but he'll be employed again by July. As I've said (and been slated for) he'll drop down a division, but if he's got anything about him he'll bounce back. Personally I don't think he will, but that's opinions for you.

Well that's a damn sight better than "He's going to make some conference club a very mediocre midfielder. Bad luck to them." Well done.

Dandyman

In London village.
Best of luck, Tom. More guts and spirit than many I could mention & I have a feeling we have not seen the last of you.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
As sad as it is to see a youth hopeful fritter out into the land of uncertainty, all we can do is wish him the best of luck in his future career, wherever it may lead. The man was Brighton through and through, and will always be remebered for giving his all. However, for being released from a club just avoiding the drop into the basement division, it would seem unfavourable for him to be picked up by a League 1 club. Dropping down to League 2 is not as bad as it seems. He can futher develop and push on and become the player he deserves to be, and progress further up the leagues.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Some people on NSC really do have narrow minds.
Some of you lot are never happy. All this "oooh Slade is now a bastard for pulling off a miracle then making the squad his own for next season by releasing players he doesn't feel will help us get promotion" and "ooh Kerry Mayo is such a bastard for playing 400 odd games and being a great servant to this club".
Now apparently Tommy Fraser was completely shite? I would've loved to have kept hold of him. He did a great job towards the end of the season, and we should thank him for that, even if Slade feels he isn't needed for next season.

Thanks for everything Tommy- Good luck with finding a club :clap:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Good luck to him people are easy to say good riddance but you have to remember he (along with the rest released today) has lost his job and is now in a very competitive field for a new one. Personally think he will do a job for an upper league 2 or maybe even get a role at another league 1 team and I hope he shines

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a stupid, stupid post. He's by far good enogh for League One and I'd imagine he'll go on to prove us wrong for releasing him.

I think some of the comments on this thread are harsh but I don't think Tommy Fraser will prove us wrong. Russell Slade is trying to build a squad to challenge for the top six and then hopefully a Championship side and, in my opinion, none of the players released today fit that criteria with the possible exception of Sullivan who has the potential to be. Hinsh was comfortably that good initially but injuries have taken their toll.

Good luck to all the players who have been released especially the younger ones who came through the ranks and for what it's worth I think Tommy will go to a League 2 side and do well (he may even get a deal from a lower League 1 side) but I would be surprised if he proves Slade wrong.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Hold on, I've been slagged off for my opinion on Fraser for a while now, yet today Russell Slade has agreed with MY assessment, not yours, yet you call mine a "stupid, stupid post." How the hell do you work that out?

Just so you know, and this applies to my thoughts on everything you've ever said bout Fraser; it's not your opinion of him as a player that I find baffling (although I do believe that is also wrong). It is the complete lack of respect with which you treat him.

My original point commenting on the stupidity of your post, relates to your sarcasm and the contempt with which you treat someone who was, until recently, one of ourplayers. He is a decent player and just because you obviously don't like the bloke you think it is acceptable to slate him on here and seem to take pleasure from seeing others do the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here