Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tommy Fraser - What's the Point?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Great post. You forget though that he 'bleeds blue and white' and cares a lot and runs around trying very hard so that automatically makes every one of his performances absolutely fantastic. As I said in another thread the outburst yesterday was absolutely shocking and I hope he looks back and hangs his head in shame, if that was an under 10's player on a sunday they would have been subbed off straight away and I hope someone on the coaching staff has made it clear that it is unacceptable.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Great post. You forget though that he 'bleeds blue and white' and cares a lot and runs around trying very hard so that automatically makes every one of his performances absolutely fantastic. As I said in another thread the outburst yesterday was absolutely shocking and I hope he looks back and hangs his head in shame, if that was an under 10's player on a sunday they would have been subbed off straight away and I hope someone on the coaching staff has made it clear that it is unacceptable.

What are you talking about?

Fair enough players shouldn't have a go at the match officials, and having refereed at youth level, I know all about getting abuse from players and parents, but he felt an important decision had just gone against him when it shouldn't have.

I think it was more out of frustration than a lack of respect for the referee.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
A Good replacement would be Dean hammond ;)
but he has just been voted Colchesters player of the season we need new Central midfielders hopefully Dicker and someone like hammond who can score 10+ goals a season from the midfield if not the man himself:clap2:

Agree with you. When Hammond played for us, a number of NSC's "expert pundits" didn't think he was much good.
Dicker could become a very good player.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think it was more out of frustration than a lack of respect for the referee.

Combination of both. However frustrated you are if you have respect for a ref/lino you would NEVER run towards them and start kicking around like a baby. Tommy Fraser is always the first person to run needlessly straight towards any sign of trouble, any dodgy tackle etc he should spend that time reflecting on what he contributes to the game himself.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
now is not the time for these sorts of threads, wait until after the last game

we must unite!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Combination of both. However frustrated you are if you have respect for a ref/lino you would NEVER run towards them and start kicking around like a baby. Tommy Fraser is always the first person to run needlessly straight towards any sign of trouble, any dodgy tackle etc he should spend that time reflecting on what he contributes to the game himself.

I agree in principle, but I, and I'm sure you, would have reacted in a similar way if we genuinely felt that the ball had not crossed the line when our League One status, and possibly careers, counted on getting something from the game.

I am not condoning ranting and raving at the referees, but I don't think it's fair that Fraser should be slated when alot of other players go mental at referees for far more trivial things.

I do take your point about him being the first one to get involved with trouble though. This is something he needs to cut out of his game.

Last edited:

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
now is not the time for these sorts of threads, wait until after the last game

we must unite!

Do you think what is posted here has any impact on the players performance? I don't like to see Brighton players over criticized but this forum would be far less entertaining if everyone agreed. Next Saturday should be when all the fans unite as we watch them beat Stockport.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
What a knob you are.

Petulant outburst? He probably had the best view of a goal that he didnt think went in, which could possibly have been a massive blow to our survival chances. What a knob for being pissed off about it. Lets ship him out and get a loanee in yeh? Actually i think there are hundreds of quality midfielders begging to play for this club at the moment.

if that outburst had have happened in the premiership, by a player such as ashley cole, then people on here would be CLAMOURING to abuse the overpaid wankers as having no respect for officials

i can understand being pissed off, but running over to the linesman, getting in his face and then kicking the air like a four year old was nothing short of pathetic

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Just needs time. I think he has a lot of attributes to make him a good player, but it will take a couple of years. Where do young players play to gain experience if not down in leagues 1 and 2?

what attributes are they? lack of pace, vision, skill, creativity and general ability?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Maybe I was a bit harsh calling the guy a knob. Just seems like he has a chip on his shoulder, a big attitude problem. Just wish he would grow up a bit, nobody's impressed by the big hard man act.

I know now is the time to get behind the boys, so I will save my slagging til the end of the season.

:albion2:

Lets hope for your sake his " relations " do not come and pay you a visit.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I like Tommy. He warrants his place for me. If we had 11 Frasers this season we would not be close to going down.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I like Tommy. He warrants his place for me. If we had 11 Frasers this season we would not be close to going down.

we would

hard work is not enough to keep a side up - you need a mixture of that an ability. and 11 frasers would certainly be lacking in the latter, especially in terms of attacking play

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Cant spell, Cant get facts rights , Clueless
Freeloaders like gary hart you say 5 assists in 5 matches isnt exactly freeloading
Owusu has scored 6 in 6
Deal wilkins didnt have good enough management skills he didnt have the players support

But after reading your signature maybe you should be doing your homework instead of posting jargan on the internet
:)) Another one reeled in by bhadebenhams... Can someone please take Mr Sussexbythec to one side, and explain irony to him... (Unless he's an American of course)

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If the guy is not up to it .....get rid.However if Fraser can connive us all then support the man...( I do agree he is not making an easy division )

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Oh US that is a good one!

Unless by "not close to going down" you actually mean we'd have been down months ago.

• We would have scored once in the past two years.
  • We'd have been crippled by suspensions, although not injuries I grant you.
  • The stastisticians would be having a field day working out minus possession %age.

I like his passion. I love his passion. But I'm even more passionate about the Albion and they don't pick me every week.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Probably called him a useless prick. I was referring to his footballing ability, as it appears 'Twisted' is. My mistake. I don't actually know if he is a prick as a person. I can guess though...
Well you'll guess wrong. I've known Tom since he was about 7 or 8 years old and a better bloke you couldn't wish to meet. Yes, skill-wise he won't get into an all-time Albion XI (at the moment), but there is SO much more to football than just picking the eleven best footballers and assuming that's the best team. Recently he's been starting games (and finishing them) and recently we've had a good run of results. I'm not for a moment claiming it's single-handedly down to Tom but there IS a connection, even if you can't see it.

And even his 'start a fight in an empty room' attitude (roundly criticised in this thread) has its place, especially in a team scrapping it out in a relegation dogfight. With a midfield full of 'nicey-nicey' players all flattering to deceive we'd be already relegated by now. You need that Oatway-type character, and I've pointed out before that when Oatway was Tom's age (21) he was playing non-League for Yeading.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He is doing a job in a struggling team our manager thinks he is good enough for the team so that is good enough for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here