Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays debate - Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

• Yes

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Channel 4 last night had a fascinating debate on " Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ? ". It was a court type scenario with the prosection and defence and various speekers and a studion audience of Uk/Christians and Uk/Muslims.

Anyone see it, I will post the result later but is this country changing because people are too scare to say anything against Muslims/Islam for fear of dying basically like the Danish film maker who was murdered because of his film challening Islamic ideals

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The way I see it is that its a few nutters that are spoiling it for the majority.

Which is the same in just about everything....

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
vulture said:
If they dont like our rules they should f*** off back to their homelands
I can't wait for a silly post like this to come from one of the people who have voted "yes" in the "Have you ever been arrested?" thread...

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Uncle Spielberg said:
Channel 4 last night had a fascinating debate on " Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ? ". It was a court type scenario with the prosection and defence and various speekers and a studion audience of Uk/Christians and Uk/Muslims.

Anyone see it, I will post the result later but is this country changing because people are too scare to say anything against Muslims/Islam for fear of dying basically like the Danish film maker who was murdered because of his film challening Islamic ideals

Was it actually UK christians. i.e. people that went to Church Or joe bloggs who claims to be christian but hasn't been to a church since his old aunt mary popeed her cloggs 5 years ago.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
I can't wait for a silly post like this to come from one of the people who have voted "yes" in the "Have you ever been arrested?" thread...

:p

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
the vote last night was quite a shock, I think the woman in the crowd at the end lost it for the 'yes.' The bloke who was arguing for Yes had a very good debate and I felt sure the crowd would agree with him.
Very disapointed with C4 for not showing the cartoons not for shock value or anything but because it went against the crowd and so showed that free speech is most certainly threatened

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The problem is what we might call free speech is considered highly insulting by others.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Islam is not so much a religion as a socio/political structure which is absolutely designed to be a framework around which Muslims are directed to build their nations.

It is diametrically opposed in just about every way to the secular western world which we have developed in tandem with the rise of Islam in the near and far east.

This is bound to lead to conflict and suspicion, where one groups idea of what constitutes nationhood differs from another, Muslims represent a sizable group within our population and increasingly they are becoming isolated and entrenched in tight societal groups where, obviously, they will expect to run their affairs according to Islamic law and principles, having chosen to reject the percieved amoral and decadent behaviour of their British fellow citizens.

Basically, if we criticise Islam we are insulting the law of Mohammed and this is intolerable to a devout Muslim...so yes Islam is restricting free speech in this regard. there is no debate.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The audience voted YES to show the cartoons and Channel 4 bottled it, presumably because John Snow spotted the odd looking gentleman with a beard in the audience and did not want to be shot when he left the studio ??? , un pc alert :eek:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
the prosecutor was wlaking it in the 1st half but lost it in the 2nd half when 2 Muslim speakers got the better of him, the guy who ranted about the Pope and said " we should not be allowed to insult other people " :lolol: , yeah right, when the camera's are off you never insult the West and the Infidels do you :rolleyes: :lolol:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
The audience voted YES to show the cartoons and Channel 4 bottled it, presumably because John Snow spotted the odd looking gentleman with a beard in the audience and did not want to be shot when he left the studio ??? , un pc alert :eek:
I don't think anybody could anybody could ever accuse you of not watching this programme with an open mind. Good effort.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barrel of Fun said:
I would say the vast majority are law abiding, there are certainly far less 'muslim' criminals than the 'natives'.

True, but there are also far less muslims than the natives. For the moment, anyway.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Its double standards beyond belief, they (Muslims) are allowed to insult the Pope and demand he be killed for what he said but yet we are not allowed to utter a word against them. Can't have it both ways.
Thought the Dutch film producer made some very good points last night but star of the show was the French lass she wound up the other bloke something cronic

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
the prosecutor was wlaking it in the 1st half but lost it in the 2nd half when 2 Muslim speakers got the better of him, the guy who ranted about the Pope and said " we should not be allowed to insult other people " :lolol: , yeah right, when the camera's are off you never insult the West and the Infidels do you :rolleyes: :lolol:
Good to see you're not making any SWEEPING generalisations. :lol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I actually though one of the Muslim speaker was very good, can't remember which one as they all look the same

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
that was a joke by the way :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rookie said:
Its double standards beyond belief, they (Muslims) are allowed to insult the Pope and demand he be killed for what he said but yet we are not allowed to utter a word against them. Can't have it both ways.
Thought the Dutch film producer made some very good points last night but star of the show was the French lass she wound up the other bloke something cronic

Her hair was strange, all going in strange and weird directions bit like the bloke at the end of Eraserhead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here