Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Agdestein

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
From reports so far Barnes is already looking more comfortable and more able to contribute playing centrally instead of out wide. I hope he will get to play "in the hole" more often this season. Gus's confidence in Toby sounds promising and Hosky seems to have found fitness and a place in the squad. Just CMS to sort and he simply needs someone to play alongside him. The two half games he has played so far Gus has persisted in playing him as a lone striker. Why?

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I liked the look of him last night, good feet and movement. Think he will be able to make the step up.

reading Gus comments about him being the striker we have been looking for do you think that Gus will still look to sign a striker or go with the budget on a top quality midfielder and run with what we have for the time being?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bring on "The Viking" :albion::albion::albion::albion:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gus saying that Toby has what we are looking for in a potential new striker. Maybe this will be his breakthrough season and we don't need to big money striker signing

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gus saying that Toby has what we are looking for in a potential new striker. Maybe this will be his breakthrough season and we don't need to big money striker signing

Bloody this.... he will set the place on fire you watch

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hasn't he been out on loan already?

Not sure, but if you read Gus' comments at Lewes earlier in the thread, he seems to be saying Toby is staying at Brighton...

misterspatch

Oct 16, 2011
Horsham
From reports so far Barnes is already looking more comfortable and more able to contribute playing centrally instead of out wide. I hope he will get to play "in the hole" more often this season. Gus's confidence in Toby sounds promising and Hosky seems to have found fitness and a place in the squad. Just CMS to sort and he simply needs someone to play alongside him. The two half games he has played so far Gus has persisted in playing him as a lone striker. Why?

Maybe Vicente can then play his best position on the wing, obviously he's lost his pace, but his crossing is immaculate and I'm sure he still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ashley "Three Points" Barnes is a big competitor for that, he is a clinical finisher unlike others but I haven't really seen Toby in a out and out striker role, more as a winger, so I'd love that to be true :D

Barnes is without question capable of being our best striker. If Agdestein can understudy him and Hoskins/CMS this season from the bench and continue to develop then great. Last night's goal will have done him good but he is not prolific yet :lol:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What is working in Toby's favour is the fact he likes to sit out in the wings and bring the ball inside. No other striker really does that which is why I would prefer to have 2 of either Barnes/CMS/Hoskins with Toby on the bench as something different. From what I've seen of him he's not afraid to take a player on which is brilliant to see.

Oh and eyes off Conkers, I saw him first when he signed a couple of years back!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Why then, was our goalscoring record so unremarkable last season? (52 goals scored in 46 games) All those players were with us last season yet only Ashley Barnes looked like scoring regularly. I hope they can all improve, but in any case I'm not convinced we have "ridiculous amount of strength" in our strikers.

That totally stupid 5 subs rule had a major impact on players like Toby, Jake and Hall. Had there been 7 available from the bench, I'm sure we'd have seen much more from them last season and there wouldn't now be speculation about Hall leaving the club because he'd have become much more involved in the first team (my theory anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here