Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toby Agdestein

Argue your side, but don't make up nonsense, just to make the boy look bad. Go and find the assist on youtube or player. It was an excellent, skillful run and pass, that earned us 2 extra points.

I'm not. Head onto player find the game take off yor tinted specs go 2:20ish into the video and see he recieves a pass runs with it unchallenged when a player is in front of him at the edge of the box he lays off the sublime 3 yard pass to bucks who finishes...make stuff up, i dont think so.

In some cases its a game of opinion but if you really think that was class dont let me shatter the illusion and we'll put it up there with Vicentes Derby run.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
............................. the point that he hasn't yet scored a senior goal is an irrelevance.

Why?

A top rated striker who has played a few games could reasonably be expected to have scored and he has had chances in the games he has played.........

That aside, there are a number of people who are saying quite forcefully that he will score goals for fun.....more than CMS......more than Barnes.
My simple point is that there is no evidence for that whatsoever.

Give him time and let's see how he can progress but my instinct is, don't expect a goal machine...............from the little I have seen I think he will be more of a nuisance player who creates space for others plus assists rather than being the main goalscoring outlet. Not knocking it because that is pretty much what we need!

From last season's DS my money would be on George Barker IF he can make the step up (and I am not certain he can) as a more natural goalscorer and I am interested to see how Ben Dickenson goes this season. Reports from his time at Dorchester sound promising and he has the build and pace to develop into a useful player given time.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Someone may have mentioned this but I think that Poyet's comments say that we're no longer on the search for a striker.

"He looks like the striker we need"

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Someone may have mentioned this but I think that Poyet's comments say that we're no longer on the search for a striker.

"He looks like the striker we need"

I'd say that the general feeling on NSC is that with Hoskins seemingly back at full fitness and Agdestein coming through to the first team squad our priority now is to get that powerful, ball playing midfielder in to partner Bridcutt.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
People also seem to forget he failed to score when on loan at bath.

People also seem to forget that Bath would've finished rock bottom of the Conference had Kettering Town not been deducted points, he wasn't likely to get much service. Also, he only made 3 appearances, so it's not necessarily fair to make assumptions.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
People also seem to forget that Bath would've finished rock bottom of the Conference had Kettering Town not been deducted points, he wasn't likely to get much service. Also, he only made 3 appearances, so it's not necessarily fair to make assumptions.

He only made 3 appearances for the worst side in the Conference and failed to score because he wasn't able to make an impact - there can be all sorts of reasons for that but charitably we might assume that he wasn't ready to compete at that level at that time. A year on and he has progressed a lot but please let's be careful to keep the rose coloured spectacles off and give the lad a fair chance without the hyperbole and elevated expectation that risks destroying him before he even begins

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He only made 3 appearances for the worst side in the Conference and failed to score because he wasn't able to make an impact - there can be all sorts of reasons for that but charitably we might assume that he wasn't ready to compete at that level at that time. A year on and he has progressed a lot but please let's be careful to keep the rose coloured spectacles off and give the lad a fair chance without the hyperbole and elevated expectation that risks destroying him before he even begins

So it is OK for Gus to say he looks like the striker we need, but nobody on NSC can echo those thoughts by also being positive about a promising young player!?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

So it is OK for Gus to say he looks like the striker we need, but nobody on NSC can echo those thoughts by also being positive about a promising young player!?

Read before quoting please ???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He only made 3 appearances for the worst side in the Conference and failed to score because he wasn't able to make an impact - there can be all sorts of reasons for that but charitably we might assume that he wasn't ready to compete at that level at that time.

I wouldn't "assume" anything based on the fact it was THREE f***ing GAMES.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5042230 said:
I'd say that the general feeling on NSC is that with Hoskins seemingly back at full fitness and Agdestein coming through to the first team squad our priority now is to get that powerful, ball playing midfielder in to partner Bridcutt.

I'd agree with you there. Get the powerful midfielder (which we didn't have last year) to feed CMS who would be alongside Hoskins, Barnes or Agdestein. Then only get a striker if soemthing special comes up or we get loads of injuries.

One of the problems last year was keeping the ball in midfield and getting it forward to CMS. You could see the amount of runs he was making which just weren't seen. I personally don't think we need a big striker because we manage to hold on to the ball quite well round the box. With Hoskins fully fit and Adgestein coming through, as well as Barnes on form I'm hoping Gus turns his attention to the midfielder.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Let's face it, gus wants QUALITY and experience. TA is a bonus, but you cannot for a second think GP thinks he is the answer to the problem...he will be ideal as an alternative from the bench......let's wait and see who is brought in....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here