Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to lay off Harty

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Re: Well pointed out

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brightonfan_86 wrote on 17-09-2005 11:08 PM:
Diffinitely give you the thumbs up for the racism issue, i thought it was very disgusting what those kids did, hopefully they will get a ban and a lengthy fine for it, It was disgraceful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your support, however judging by the other posts it might be the time to walk away from the phone-in.

Harty

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Agreed... why are pepole so intent on getting the phone-in cancelled? That's what will happen if Harty goes...

What would we have then driving home from the ground?... Probably a far too extensive non-league round up followed by soppy love songs for nonchalant residents of the county!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
The phone in is the biggest soapbox we have, we moaned for years because we had no forum, now weve got it, we need to keep it. Many issues have been established due to the phone in, such as the 40 note fund. Without it, we have no voicebox. Remember the pace of the show is dictated by the calls Harty gets, if no Albion phone in, theres not a lot the show can do. Debates raised by Harty are only there to encourage callers to phone, not to provoke controversy, and also to give the show a focus and starting point.

Ive heard many shows, mainly on Talksport where the host just says lets take your calls on any subject of your choice, and the show just drifts nowhere.

Lay off Harty, he does a good job and been a great friend to us over the years, and if you want more Albion calls, phone in, its quite simple.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
The phone in is the biggest soapbox we have, we moaned for years because we had no forum, now weve got it, we need to keep it. Many issues have been established due to the phone in, such as the 40 note fund. Without it, we have no voicebox. Remember the pace of the show is dictated by the calls Harty gets, if no Albion phone in, theres not a lot the show can do. Debates raised by Harty are only there to encourage callers to phone, not to provoke controversy, and also to give the show a focus and starting point.

Ive heard many shows, mainly on Talksport where the host just says lets take your calls on any subject of your choice, and the show just drifts nowhere.

Lay off Harty, he does a good job and been a great friend to us over the years, and if you want more Albion calls, phone in, its quite simple.

Top post. No Harty = no phone in = even less coverage of the Albion. If the phone in is poor it's not because of Harty, it's because we don't phone in and give him some decent material to work with.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
I agree Harty should be given a bit of slack here, the phone-in subject matter is entirely down to the callers, Harty has to follow up the subject to a certain point until someone else comes on and changes that subject. I suggest that all of you that come on here moaning, should get on the blower and start that said conversation yourselves. As Harty said in a previous thread an Albion related matter will be discussed over any other subject matter.

I say well done Harty and the SCR team.:clap:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Surprisingly, the regular posters on NSC are NOT the only listeners of the phone in. There are plenty of people who listen who have no idea that people moan about it on here. Why is so much weight given to NSC posters opinions on this subject?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Harty is an albion star.

I dont get a chance to listen to the SCR coverage as much anymore,but I always thought he did an excellent job, and you couldnt fault his commitment and enthusasism.

Harty, you aint going anywhere!

:)

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Rangdo said:
Surprisingly, the regular posters on NSC are NOT the only listeners of the phone in. There are plenty of people who listen who have no idea that people moan about it on here. Why is so much weight given to NSC posters opinions on this subject?

Because those are the opinions i am hearing, i do not know what other people outside of NSC think, if i did, and they were the same, then i would direct my reply at those people as well, but for now it is only the good folk of NSC that i hear.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Phone in is good except the silly calls about stitching in the Albion shorts - FFS :angry:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
jimmyseagull said:
Because those are the opinions i am hearing, i do not know what other people outside of NSC think, if i did, and they were the same, then i would direct my reply at those people as well, but for now it is only the good folk of NSC that i hear.

My post wasn't directed at you. All I was saying was that just because a few people on here whinge about the phone in doesn't mean that they are representitive of all the listeners, it's just that they have access to a very popular, easily accessed medium to air those views. Personally I like the phone in although I do sometimes wish there was more discussion about the actual game.

Oct 25, 2003
i like listening to the phone in and think harty does a good job

would be better if the aldershot and woking fans could f*** OFF and stop complaining about it being an albion dominated show

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
tommy boy said:
i like listening to the phone in and think harty does a good job

would be better if the aldershot and woking fans could f*** OFF and stop complaining about it being an albion dominated show

What you mean like we do about Meridian and Southampton/Portsmouth/Reading/Bournemouth/Oxford/Hull/Dundee?

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Rangdo said:
What you mean like we do about Meridian and Southampton/Portsmouth/Reading/Bournemouth/Oxford/Hull/Dundee?

but if they don't want it to be an albion dominated show they should phone in with GOOD stuff

meridian however, has shite coverage for the albion

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
tommy boy said:
but if they don't want it to be an albion dominated show they should phone in with GOOD stuff

We are talking about Aldershot and Woking?

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Harty, please try and take no notice of the negative 'plebs' that post on here.
SCR and the 'phone-in' in particular are not the sole property of NSC. Some of the people on here are a little bit too up themselves, NSC is just an internet forum, NOT an official spokesman of BHAFC.
There must be thousands of people listening to SCR that either don't have a clue what NSC is or simply don't care :angry:

Keep up the good work Harty:clap: :clap: :clap:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
the phone in is good:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
brightonfan_86 said:
Re: Well pointed out

quote:

brightonfan_86 wrote on 17-09-2005 11:08 PM:
Diffinitely give you the thumbs up for the racism issue, i thought it was very disgusting what those kids did, hopefully they will get a ban and a lengthy fine for it, It was disgraceful.

Thanks for your support, however judging by the other posts it might be the time to walk away from the phone-in.

Harty

So, you don't want him to walk out, you want him layed off!? :ohmy:

You cruel individual, what has he done to deserve the sack?

Some people. :nono:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
C1 BHA said:
Harty, please try and take no notice of the negative 'plebs' that post on here.
SCR and the 'phone-in' in particular are not the sole property of NSC. Some of the people on here are a little bit too up themselves, NSC is just an internet forum, NOT an official spokesman of BHAFC.
There must be thousands of people listening to SCR that either don't have a clue what NSC is or simply don't care :angry:

What on earth are you talking about? NSC doesn't have a voice beyond that of individual members.

After the length of time Ian has spent in the public eye, I'm sure he doesn't really give a toss about a small handful of those who may be having a pop.

And, FFS, those that might be having a pop are doing so at the phone-in not at Ian himself. And the problem seems to be, simply, that not enough people bother to actually phone in. Ian is forever begging on here for people to contribute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here