Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to lay off Harty

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
If you're going to do anything in the public eye (like host a radio show) you're gonna have to be a little bit thick skinned - some people are going to have a pop at you for any number of reasons. The bigger picture is what's important here and the overwhelming majority of people love the phone-in even if they're critical of it sometimes.

Harty - if you think that it's difficult having some nameless internet meesageboarders criticise you imagine what it's like being Mark McGhee or any of the players when things aren't going well. They'll probably hear every criticism and every insult from the stands. They're big enough though to realise it's the minority that shout abuse. Of course, they also have the confidence to know that they are right. I think you should too. :)

Jam The Man said:
Agreed... why are pepole so intent on getting the phone-in cancelled? That's what will happen if Harty goes

Thank god for that, the man is a complete waste of space. It sounds like he's got a speech impediment and it's so frustrating when he tries to say things that he hasn't a clue about, He talks in riddles. feck off Ian Hart and get someone who knows what they're on about.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Have just read the crtiscism on here and can't believe it. Your phone in was spot on. My son plays youth football in the Worthing area and if I saw racism of the kind you were talking about I would be disgusted and I therefore think it is a suitable thing to air, not sweep under the carpet.

Also I love your phone in, think that it is funny and amusing, and you're normally pretty much spot on when it comes to airing the general view of the Albion fans. That maybe not always be the loudest view but I think you speak for 80% of fans. keep up the good work!!! Don't ever quit as the Saturday drive back to Worthing wouldn't be the same without you. And I take on board your point about phone ins only being as good as the callers, and will make an effort in future.

ps) Does anyone know if Hawes is the same chap that went to school in Effingham and was known as Smudger or Smudgie?? Not sure why, frend of a friend rumour.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As one of the regular contributers to the program, I find it excellent.

This Saturday, I do agree that the show was taken over by the racism issue, which of course was an awful thing, however, could have been done and dusted in two phone calls.

For my tuppeny worth, the boys should haver been banned until Christmas and warned about future conduct. If the manager did not condoine it, then there should have been some sort of sanction against him and the club. End of!

The phone in is very much what you make it. People bitch about Doris from Hove complaining about the kit, FG complaining about everything, Non league fans etc etc...but at the end of the day it is you who make the show. I tend to find it hilarious that people bitch about the show, but when asked if they have phoned in, there are a 1000 different reasons they cant but they moan about the people who do!

I think Harty does a great job, but if it was me i would tell Brighton fans to stuff it. Someone please explain why Harty needs this shit that is thrown at him. When we go away, i always try to listen to the local radio phone in and they all take the same theme as Harty's.

If and when Prescott says no, then I expect Brighton fans to jam the switchboard at SCR, but I somehow doubt it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
DJ Leon said:
If you're going to do anything in the public eye (like host a radio show) you're gonna have to be a little bit thick skinned - some people are going to have a pop at you for any number of reasons. The bigger picture is what's important here and the overwhelming majority of people love the phone-in even if they're critical of it sometimes.

Harty - if you think that it's difficult having some nameless internet meesageboarders criticise you imagine what it's like being Mark McGhee or any of the players when things aren't going well. They'll probably hear every criticism and every insult from the stands. They're big enough though to realise it's the minority that shout abuse. Of course, they also have the confidence to know that they are right. I think you should too. :)

wise words from the DJ.

Harty is one of us. And a very funny bloke. I would much rather him than some media-wannabe. But get a thicker skin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here