Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the NSK to stand up and be counted

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
it's due to the fact that if someone does come out with a gem all they fuckin do is post it on here (and then get told it's shit), take FC united as an example, ALL 800 of them singing at Withdean because they get pissed up, nick a song/make one up, sing it in the street, the pub, the train, the coach, what ever and don't get all anal when one doesn't work.

"erm..... i've invented a song I thought i'd ask NSC what they think erm.... if it's not to much trouble, erm....#shuffles feet and puts hands in pockets# tell me if it's shit and i'll crawl back into a hole, I don't want to sing it out loud in case Richard Renolds Teapot hears me and tells me off, i'm only 12...." and so on!

Correct, if you have a song suggestion which you think will work, tell it to your mates and start it off. Try it over a few times during the game and if it catches on then great, if it doesn't work at least you gave it a go.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Do we have the least imaginative fans in the football league? How many unique songs do we have? GOSBTS (which we can't claim to be our own) and In 1983 (which I expect half of you NSK lot don't even know the words to) are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

This has to be a wind up right? Every NSK person I've met has been a far for years. I for one start the 1983 song everygame without fail along with the shoreham road, 1 was PW, 2 was PW, the coming of the lord, We love you Brighton etc etc.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Time for [MENTION=21976]Richard Reynold's Haircut[/MENTION] to stand up and post this stuff under his main NSC account?

Yes that would be interesting if he were to 'come out' so to speak. I most everything under this one name people may not like it but I'm not here to make friends as such I am who I am and hide behind nothing. I'll always introduce my NSC name if it comes up.

If people are so worried about what they say then don't say it.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
As for the St Pauli song I never start it as I don't think it is that great and abit dreary. That said if someone else does I'll join in as any noise is good IMO.

Wait, are you saying there was a world before the internet?

Ridiculous claim.

:jester:

I'm afraid its true, we used to buy things in shops, queue up for tickets, tell people in person how we were not only season ticket holders at Withdean, but at Gillingham too, and talked to and bought a drink for a member of the opposite sex that we had just met in the Black Lion and wanted to shag.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm afraid its true, we used to buy things in shops, queue up for tickets, tell people in person how we were not only season ticket holders at Withdean, but at Gillingham too, and talked to and bought a drink for a member of the opposite sex that we had just met in the Black Lion and wanted to shag.

I'm sorry, you're clearly delusional.

:wink:

As for the St Pauli song I never start it as I don't think it is that great and abit dreary. That said if someone else does I'll join in as any noise is good IMO.

sing what you like, I think it's shit but people like me and Richard Renolds Hatstand have got no fuckin right what so ever to start telling people what they can and can't do within a football stadium

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Time for [MENTION=21976]Richard Reynold's Haircut[/MENTION] to stand up and post this stuff under his main NSC account?
Can't we ban people with more than one account, everyone is entitled to their opinion and maybe RRH may have a point (although he has mentioned this so many times over the last few months it has got extremely tedious), but if you are going to constantly going to slag off fellow fans at least have the nerve to do it under your main account.

Oct 25, 2003
1. the "st pauli" song was hardly sung if at all in the 2nd half of last season

2. if "give us a b........." is the best example of "english atmosphere" then i'm afraid english atmosphere is shit

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
sing what you like, I think it's shit but people like me and Richard Renolds Hatstand have got no fuckin right what so ever to start telling people what they can and can't do within a football stadium

I liked it at first but have gone off it since as it just seems to drone abit we have better songs I feel.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Any particular new songs the NSK are going to try and get going this season drumstick?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
it's due to the fact that if someone does come out with a gem all they fuckin do is post it on here (and then get told it's shit), take FC united as an example, ALL 800 of them singing at Withdean because they get pissed up, nick a song/make one up, sing it in the street, the pub, the train, the coach, what ever and don't get all anal when one doesn't work.

"erm..... i've invented a song I thought i'd ask NSC what they think erm.... if it's not to much trouble, erm....#shuffles feet and puts hands in pockets# tell me if it's shit and i'll crawl back into a hole, I don't want to sing it out loud in case Richard Renolds Teapot hears me and tells me off, i'm only 12...." and so on!

But then surely this is the point of this NSK lot? Even if said 12 year old has had the wind taken out of sails by people on here if it's a gem as you say then why can't these lot pick it up and run with it? The amount of stick the NSK lot get on here their skin must be thick enough now to not care what any berk on here thinks?

The Elliot Bennett song got tons of abuse on here but a few of them stuck with it and now it's considered to be one of our standard chants (albeit for a different player now).

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This has to be a wind up right? Every NSK person I've met has been a far for years. I for one start the 1983 song everygame without fail along with the shoreham road, 1 was PW, 2 was PW, the coming of the lord, We love you Brighton etc etc.

Have another gold star for your name badge!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
But then surely this is the point of this NSK lot? Even if said 12 year old has had the wind taken out of sails by people on here if it's a gem as you say then why can't these lot pick it up and run with it? The amount of stick the NSK lot get on here their skin must be thick enough now to not care what any berk on here thinks?

The Elliot Bennett song got tons of abuse on here but a few of them stuck with it and now it's considered to be one of our standard chants (albeit for a different player now).

Indeed, the Bennett song is an example that song suggestions do work, you just have to persist and make sure the song is easy to catch on. I love what the nsk do with all the banners but there seems to be a lack of new songs coming from them (and in general) which is what I believe was the main focus of the group.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Just take a suggestion that the majority like and go for it guys

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Have another gold star for your name badge!

I don't want a gold star nor any special recognition just thought I'd give the fact and ruin your little fantasy of what the NSK are about.

Sorry about that.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
can someone, anyone please come up with a better song for Gus. I hate My Lord song - it really makes me cringe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here