Draws 1

Home shots on target 28
Away shots on target 22

Why do people reply to these obviously bullshit threads! :shootself

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I sincerely hope you're correct.

I don't exactly see it that way.

My concern is that as we slip closer to the drop zone, confidence also slips and we become more fearful - performances start to slip. Also more teams knowing how to rattle us after watching how flakey we can be in some games. But a couple of wins will change everything again. We must make these two home games count. Bournemouth is obviously a huge one, and there is absolutely no excuse for not getting a home result against Chelsea considering how their form has dropped. 4 points at least from those two would be huge, anything below 3 quite a concern perhaps...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Typical BHA fans, anyone dare to raise an opinion that seemingly criticises the club, they are labelled Crystal Palace fans. I was there today at Spurs were you?

You see the problem is that if you can’t spell our ex-managers name it does somewhat suggest you don’t support the Albion. And you’ve done it multiple times. Also, you’re wrong about the attendance at Withdean - we were regularly sold out during Adams Part 1. That’s why the ground was expanded. Now tell me the name of the local resident that objected to the expansion and I might, only might, start to believe you’re not a troll.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You see the problem is that if you can’t spell our ex-managers name it does somewhat suggest you don’t support the Albion. And you’ve done it multiple times. Also, you’re wrong about the attendance at Withdean - we were regularly sold out during Adams Part 1. That’s why the ground was expanded. Now tell me the name of the local resident that objected to the expansion and I might, only might, start to believe you’re not a troll.

Westdene Seagull, just read the first line of your signature - me thinks the village of Storrington has one!

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Used to have my own seat at the Elipse pub in Montgomery Street, Hove, during the Goldstone days,
What really embarrassed me was the fact that we could never seem to sell out the Withdean, circa 8000?

Yet suddenly when we moved to the Amex, out come the plastic fans, and our season ticket figures soar. Where were these fans when the club needed them at the Withdean?
That puts us in the same bracket as Reading and their move to a new stadium.

Over to you, tell me something about BHA fans.

It's The Eclipse, named after the famous racehorse. I grew up on Montgomery St and my dad was a local. I don't think I'd ever get that wrong. Imagine someone with their own seat getting it wrong.

Also, last season you started a load of "Houghton (sic) out" posts and said we should get in a young English manager (which we did) though you named Cowley.

In short, you are Palace.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I don’t think there is a single Brighton fan here that thinks we are the complete and finished article, so yes some changes are needed.

However, it is clear we are playing much better football, taking the game to the opposition, yes we have to be more clinical in front of goal, but equally we need a bit of luck. The Tottenham equaliser yesterday had two slices of luck, first the attempted clearance by Webster (I think) which cannoned into Stephens, then fell to Kane, secondly the ricochet from Ryan could have gone almost anywhere, apart from back to the striker - granted Kane finished it well.

I know people say you make your own luck, but we do seem to be a little short on that at the moment!

I don’t see the same resignation in the players as we did last season, if we can get that second goal, once we have our noses in front, we will start to roll over a lot more “sides like Tottenham”!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Well I've been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Used to have my own seat at the Elipse pub in Montgomery Street, Hove, during the Goldstone days,
What really embarrassed me was the fact that we could never seem to sell out the Withdean, circa 8000?

Yet suddenly when we moved to the Amex, out come the plastic fans, and our season ticket figures soar. Where were these fans when the club needed them at the Withdean?

There should be plenty of people on here, who can provide some degree of validation for your supporting history, after all season ticket holder numbers in 1979 would have been fairly small and during the Priestfield years, there were hardly hoards of regulars either.

My personal reaction to the expansion at Withdean was gratitude. The new family stand meant I could start taking both my boys to all home games, rather than waiting for the odd league game when someone couldn't make it. I'm sorry you were embarrassed by this. Since the Amex has opened and expanded, we have gained very many new regulars and a bit like the oldies, many of them are brilliant supporters and a few are irritating wotsits. I can't match your supporting record, but I have been around long enough to recall the large number of London club supporters, who would bore for Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham/Chelsea at the Goldstone, when their real team didn't have a game or were playing too far away.

I don't think I have ever met HWT, but I would have no problem in piecing together a potted history of his support. He is a very outgoing chap, likely doesn't know who I am, but there are people on here, who do know both of us and could vouch for us both as supporters.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
:lolol: :bowdown: :lolol:

[MENTION=38145]Palacefinder General[/MENTION] has allowed one to slip through.

Alternatively imagine being in the trenches with this Nimrod.
There's no way a German bullet would have got him.

I called him on it ages back Stat, and nowt happened then, or in the words of 10cc: Art for art’s sake, money for God’s sake. :moo:

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

My calculations make the Withdean having an ullage of 22000.
Which in reality has now been rectified by the extra seating of the Amex, giving other Albion fans a chance to see the Albion, and not forgetting the plastics you buffoon. :)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Based on nothing rational, just Albion bias, I give us a 2/3 chance of staying up.

Annoyingly, relegation Houdini experts, Stains, Watford and Bmuff always do it. Villa will do their usual and spend their way out.

So, we’ll just have to start pulling off some wins.

Sure. How is that going to happen if it is not happening now? Things look better in your eyes but the table points are not coming.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Of course you are. Where was your season ticket located at the Goldstone I wonder?

You wouldn't have been 'embarassed' if you were an actual fan who would know our gates at the Goldstone before the asset stripping began, and that over 30k people regularly visited Withdean in the home stands during our 11 year rental. Which is why an extremely savvy businessman spent a large fortune to build a stadium to accommodate that many, who when given the opportunity to watch football without requiring a pair of binoculars and several waterproof layers, would become more than 7-8 games a season fleeting fans.

So you're either extremely dense, or on a wind-up and not a particularly good one. How were your attendances affected by your most recent promotion by the way? I'm guessing that the 12k die hards who were prepared to watch Championship football are still filling your ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here