Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for change!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK [MENTION=37965]Storrington Seagull[/MENTION] lets humour you. You can play at being Tony Bloom for the night.

What CHANGE are you going to make ?

#allears

[edit] - I'm going back to MOTD with a Bailey's and a box of Cheeselets. If you haven't come up with some tangible answers, I will be very disappointed in you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Seems to me the difference here is potential. My guess is that as brilliant as Hughton was for us the club felt that Potter has more in terms of potential.

For me it is way too early to decide if that potential is going to be realised. So far our league position is par for the course, similar to Hughton and enough to keep us up (with a bit of luck).

The question to me is are we showing signs of improving in the future?

With improved performances against the top 6 sides. An increase in possession and attempts on goal and an improvement in our style of play. I would argue that things are looking good.

I would argue that the difference between the two sides today was the pace in the Spurs side and the finishing of both Kane and Deli Alli. Pace and finishing don't come cheap and the reason the top sides are the top sides is that they can afford said player types.

I digress, I am confident that the club will give Potter time to develop his ideas and recruit more if his own players in order to realise said potential.

Nothing I have seen so far would suggest that a change is necessary and I would be disappointed if it happened. We are not Watford!

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Seems to me the difference here is potential. My guess is that as brilliant as Hughton was for us the club felt that Potter has more in terms of potential.

For me it is way too early to decide if that potential is going to be realised. So far our league position is par for the course, similar to Hughton and enough to keep us up (with a bit of luck).

With improved performances against the top 6 sides. An increase in possession and attempts on goal and an improvement in our style of play. I would argue that things are looking good.

I would argue that the difference between the two sides today was the pace in the Spurs side and the finishing of both Kane and Deli Alli. Pace and finishing don't come cheap and the reason the top sides are the top sides is that they can afford said player types.

I digress, I am confident that the club will give Potter time to develop his ideas and recruit more if his own players in order to realise said potential.

Nothing I have seen so far would suggest that a change is necessary and I would be disappointed if it happened. We are not Watford!

IF we dropped (after all, 2 clubs have to join Norwich, we’re not immune), would Potter be given that time?

I think he would.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

They also had a couple of big fast lads, top 20 in the world quality. And we faffed for 5% of the game. Small margins and we were clipped. But we are twice as good as last season. Do we want a base from which to advance, or a bunker from which to fling the occasional trebuchet of offal? The jury seems to still be out.....oh hang on, no, no it isn't.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
IF we dropped (after all, 2 clubs have to join Norwich, we’re not immune), would Potter be given that time?

I think he would.
In think so..... And hope so.

The club look to be planning long term rather than putting out spot fires.

FWIW I also think he will keep us up

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
This.

They also had a couple of big fast lads, top 20 in the world quality. And we faffed for 5% of the game. Small margins and we were clipped. But we are twice as good as last season. Do we want a base from which to advance, or a bunker from which to fling the occasional trebuchet of offal? The jury seems to still be out.....oh hang on, no, no it isn't.
Quite, we have played the Champions League finalists 3 times this season. Been in with a shout of getting something in 2 games and won the other.

I don't know what people expect!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In think so..... And hope so.

The club look to be planning long term rather than putting out spot fires.

FWIW I also think he will keep us up

Based on nothing rational, just Albion bias, I give us a 2/3 chance of staying up.

Annoyingly, relegation Houdini experts, Stains, Watford and Bmuff always do it. Villa will do their usual and spend their way out.

So, we’ll just have to start pulling off some wins.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's simple, we are a couple of points outside of the relegation zone, and something needs to change. Our home form is dreadful, and we are neither creating or converting our chances.

At 0-1 up today we should have been more resolute, but let Spurs back in meekly, leading to another defeat.
It's all well and good playing expansive football, and people cooing over it, but it is a results game.

Was there anything really broken when Houghton was sacked?

Palace says what ?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's simple, we are a couple of points outside of the relegation zone, and something needs to change. Our home form is dreadful, and we are neither creating or converting our chances.

At 0-1 up today we should have been more resolute, but let Spurs back in meekly, leading to another defeat.
It's all well and good playing expansive football, and people cooing over it, but it is a results game.

Two questions.
1). Who is Houghton?
2). What's it like being a prat?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Based on nothing rational, just Albion bias, I give us a 2/3 chance of staying up.

Annoyingly, relegation Houdini experts, Stains, Watford and Bmuff always do it. Villa will do their usual and spend their way out.

So, we’ll just have to start pulling off some wins.

We’re between 6/1 and 7/1 to go down at the moment......

0b3ddb62f72f456727518430bbd234ba.jpg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019

You really are a sad case aren't you? Your team won and again you come on here pretending to be a Brighton fan. What a sad life you must lead. Mods, check the dimbecile's posting history and then ban the Palace troll please.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You really are a sad case aren't you? Your team won and again you come on here pretending to be a Brighton fan. What a sad life you must lead. Mods, check the dimbecile's posting history and then ban the Palace troll please.

Definitely a sad Palace tosser. Spending his Boxing Day wnking over his poorly disguised, pretty thick, trolling.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

Having just had a browse of his posting history, I tend to agree. He's only here when we've lost. He called repeatedly for Chris Hughton to be sacked (always hilariously spelling his name wrong). He also wanted the directors sacked and Bloom blamed, he predicts doom and disaster at every turn, slates the players as not good enough and is now slating 'BHA fans', note the third person. Today he wants Potter gone. In fact he wanted him gone from pretty much the start of the season. I couldn't find a single complimentary or positive post about the club, or any of it's players or managers and not a single post made after a decent win. If he is a Palace troll, he shouldn't be starting threads. If he isn't a Palace troll, he will obviously have no bother proving it, by giving us five reasons why he loves the club he has apparently supported for 40 years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Having just had a browse of his posting history, I tend to agree. He's only here when we've lost. He called repeatedly for Chris Hughton to be sacked (always hilariously spelling his name wrong). He also wanted the directors sacked and Bloom blamed, he predicts doom and disaster at every turn, slates the players as not good enough and is now slating 'BHA fans', note the third person. Today he wants Potter gone. In fact he wanted him gone from pretty much the start of the season. I couldn't find a single complimentary or positive post about the club, or any of it's players or managers and not a single post made after a decent win. If he is a Palace troll, he shouldn't be starting threads. If he isn't a Palace troll, he will obviously have no bother proving it, by giving us five reasons why he loves the club he has apparently supported for 40 years.

Within his 50 posts he lets slip more than once referring to Albion in the third person, there’s a bitch (jealous about our vast crowds) and a pathetic Sir Potter snide comment.

Palace.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Having just had a browse of his posting history, I tend to agree. He's only here when we've lost. He called repeatedly for Chris Hughton to be sacked (always hilariously spelling his name wrong). He also wanted the directors sacked and Bloom blamed, he predicts doom and disaster at every turn, slates the players as not good enough and is now slating 'BHA fans', note the third person. Today he wants Potter gone. In fact he wanted him gone from pretty much the start of the season. I couldn't find a single complimentary or positive post about the club, or any of it's players or managers and not a single post made after a decent win.
Exactly. Ban the Palace troll. And if he's actually a Brighton fan (which I seriously doubt), he should be ashamed of himself, and banned.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
These CP supporters who go through the hassle of opening up a NSC account just so they can pretend to be one of us and type stuff out which makes us look bad, are genius.

Yet again they've completely outsmarted us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here