Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time for change!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
At the end of the day we need two better full backs, another quality winger, and another prem level striker to make the squad a better prospect in this league. It doesn’t matter which manager we have have if the above isn’t rectified. I’d also get Ben White back ASAP as he’s clearly a level above Burn and Webster

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Exactly. Ban the Palace troll. And if he's actually a Brighton fan (which I seriously doubt), he should be ashamed of himself, and banned.

I disagree.

How many people do you know who are willing to put so much effort and time into doing pretty much F all?

Give this guy some respect. He could be doing what all the other CP supporters are doing right now (watching Sesame St) but this young whipper has thought outside the box and logged onto NSC instead. Give it a few months and he'll have picked up the alphabet whilst he's here. It'll be as easy as one two three for him.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
The reality is we might well go down, it's the toughest league in the world, but if we do we'll have enjoyed the fight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It;s so frustrating coming out of games like Spurs away and Liverpool away thinking:-

'blimey we really should have won that'.

I just wish the Albion were more like ...

....Leicester City.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
1 good quality striker which I imagine Tony Bloom will fund and we'll be a top ten without a doubt

Now there is a big statement!

I agree that one high quality, proven striker could make a massive difference to us. If TB were able to offload three players who ain’t working for us then perhaps he will fund that ‘unicorn’ signing. Top ten without a doubt? I don’t think so.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
It's simple, we are a couple of points outside of the relegation zone, and something needs to change. Our home form is dreadful, and we are neither creating or converting our chances.

At 0-1 up today we should have been more resolute, but let Spurs back in meekly, leading to another defeat.
It's all well and good playing expansive football, and people cooing over it, but it is a results game.

Was there anything really broken when Houghton was sacked?

It didn't please people due to aesthetics. Couldn't watch that stuff! Who cares if BHA ends up in the championship anyway!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The reality is we might well go down, it's the toughest league in the world, but if we do we'll have enjoyed the fight.

Bollox and Hogwash!!!

You going to the pitch invasion when we go down?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
At the end of the day we need two better full backs, another quality winger, and another prem level striker to make the squad a better prospect in this league. It doesn’t matter which manager we have have if the above isn’t rectified. I’d also get Ben White back ASAP as he’s clearly a level above Burn and Webster

Didn't Webster score a goal yesterday?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's simple, we are a couple of points outside of the relegation zone, and something needs to change. Our home form is dreadful, and we are neither creating or converting our chances.

At 0-1 up today we should have been more resolute, but let Spurs back in meekly, leading to another defeat.
It's all well and good playing expansive football, and people cooing over it, but it is a results game.

I don’t actually mind us losing to Spurs away 2-1, I’m surprised and delighted when we beat Arsenal away and even beating Watford 0-3 wasn’t something I predicted. It’s when we don’t beat Sheffield at home Wolves, Burnley & Newcastle it becomes more of an issue for me.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
IF we dropped (after all, 2 clubs have to join Norwich, we’re not immune), would Potter be given that time?

I think he would.

Hughton (no "o" in first syllable) also thought he would have more time.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Playing attractive football and creating more opportunities than ever before.

Potter isn't the problem. Perhaps the players aren't good enough for his system.

If anything, it's a personnel issue.

I don't want to go back to the old stuff. We should have gone down last year.

Why is it bad to almost go down but stay in the top league? I just don't understand this. If Potter leads this side to the championship he is a better manager than Hughton. I will never understand this. You can't be a top six club if you don't stay in the top league.

WE DIDN'T GO DOWN LAST SEASON DUE TO CHRIS HUGHTON!!!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Weird to want to survive and raise concerns about our current league position, as others cream themselves over our possession percentages, the expansive football we are playing, how lovely Sir Potter is?

I think to not worry about those, and stick heads in the sand is the weird position.
Brighton's really does have its fair share of Rose Tinted Ostriches

Rose tinted ostriches, I do love a mixed metaphor...

This bleating about Houghton (sic) goes in one ear and out the other, like water off a ducks back!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes , but we hardly won a game after Xmas last season. Can't see that happening again with the way we're playing.

Why? We seem to be playing to be playing much better than last season with the same amount of points. Why do you think the situation will change?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Typical BHA fans, anyone dare to raise an opinion that seemingly criticises the club, they are labelled Crystal Palace fans. I was there today at Spurs were you?

Okay, we got it wrong, you’re not Palace...

You’re Tottenham...

The way you talk about Brighton in the third person doesn’t give me the impression you are a Brighton fan, sorry!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well you started this thread:

Houghton needs to go, he's taken us as far as he can

Following today's debacle, Houghton has shown he incapable of keeping us up. He has done well to get us this far, but relegation would be unthinkable, although that looks like where we are heading at the moment.
and then you posted this:
Houghton out now!
and then you started this thread:
Brightons next manager

We cannot continue to accept the score and inept performance this manager is churning out. He has to go and go now.
and then you posted this:
Im afraid its out for me. We have fallen off the cliff in recent times. Its time to change things before its too late. Still speechless from the result, 5-0 loss to another relegation candidate. Things have to change or we will just accept relegation.

Its interesting to see that the majority of users on this forum want him gone (based on the poll). Surprising as a few weeks ago I was accused of being a Palace fan in Private Messages for calling for his head, I wonder if those who did would still would now?
Yes, by the way.

Come on mods, I know you're busy enjoying sherry, but enjoy a glass while wielding the ban hammer.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Mistley Essex
Why? We seem to be playing to be playing much better than last season with the same amount of points. Why do you think the situation will change?
Because we're only half way through the season, and as I said previously I personally can't see us struggling for a win 2nd half unlike last year. I don't get down to the Amex as much as I used to do so haven't seen every game, but from what I have seen I feel confident we'll pick up plenty of points between now and the end of the season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Because we're only half way through the season, and as I said previously I personally can't see us struggling for a win 2nd half unlike last year. I don't get down to the Amex as much as I used to do so haven't seen every game, but from what I have seen I feel confident we'll pick up plenty of points between now and the end of the season.

I sincerely hope you're correct.

I don't exactly see it that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here