Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets for Man City Fans

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
in 'the good old days' any replays were played the week following the Saturday tie but the police decided that they needed 10 days notice to man the matches so they refused to allow clubs to play the matches. It was all changed to allow the police a 10 day breather to organise the replay. I think that under the terms of the licence etc to use the ground they would refuse to allow the match to get ahead if they were not entirely satisfied with crowd segregation,which could be difficult at Withdean if any other area than the away end was given to Man City fans. I would expect them to be given the away end only, much as they may possibly complain. The over riding factor is safety and at any part of the ground. ie. family stand or thereabouts presents problems with leaving under the bridge and would necesitate trhe away fans saying in for ages after the game to clear the area thus causing possible train/travel difficulties, espec ially at Preston Park station.

I think that common sense will prevail and they will be given the away end only.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
in 'the good old days' any replays were played the week following the Saturday tie but the police decided that they needed 10 days notice to man the matches so they refused to allow clubs to play the matches. It was all changed to allow the police a 10 day breather to organise the replay. I think that under the terms of the licence etc to use the ground they would refuse to allow the match to get ahead if they were not entirely satisfied with crowd segregation,which could be difficult at Withdean if any other area than the away end was given to Man City fans. I would expect them to be given the away end only, much as they may possibly complain. The over riding factor is safety and at any part of the ground. ie. family stand or thereabouts presents problems with leaving under the bridge and would necesitate trhe away fans saying in for ages after the game to clear the area thus causing possible train/travel difficulties, espec ially at Preston Park station.

I think that common sense will prevail and they will be given the away end only.

Away fans leave under the bridge anyway !

And always used to when the away stand was that end, and on Tuesday when Barnet had the East stand

B.H.A. Brady

Sussex by the Sea!
Mar 29, 2008
Sussex
brighton%20man%20city.bmp

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The difference being the number that would attend that particular match, which will be a sell out, as opposed to our normal. The away capacity at present is higher than it was when they had the East Stand plus we have never played any team at Withdean with the support of Man City, so I am convinced that the police will say it is a safety and security issue and add their twopenneth.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
May well be the same as the Swindon game in that Swindon were given the family stand and part of the north stand, that could have got much more ugly than a league cup game will do!

Would be surprised if Man City didn't get J block (didn't the Coventry fans get this a few seasons ago) Especially given the walkway between the away stand and J block.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
FINALLY the content starts relating to the thread topic again.

Is it just me or have there been too many threads recently that seem to be hijacked for discussion over multiple pages regarding the complexity and highly skilled nature of the profession of STEWARDING.

Sake - It's hardly biochemistry is it? If we ever have our own resident atom physicist then we could be looking at 900 pages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here