Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ticket Warning (Gillingham)

Judging by how many tickets are available online i'd say 20,000 is nothing short of wildly optimistic. Would love to be proved wrong but i'd say the rumour starter may be talking just a little bit of doggy dirt.

Really.

I would guestimate 250 unsold in north (so 2250 sold)
East Stand Currently 50% sold out (So 2300 sold)
West Stand Upper 700 unsold (so 4300 sold)
West Stand Lower 50% sold out (so 2500 sold)
South Stand - 700 from Gills?
1901 - All sold so another 2500

So we are already upto 13,500 and they seem to be selling fast.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I bought a different seat to my ST seat after the game on Saturday and I was issued with a paper ticket

I don't mean to sound patronising, but are you sure it was a ticket, and not just the info/receipt printed on the ticket paper? I would take your smartcard with you just in case. Having said that, while looking for that post I quoted, there was something about certain sections of the ground being sent paper tickets.

I don't mean to sound patronising, but are you sure it was a ticket, and not just the info/receipt printed on the ticket paper? I would take your smartcard with you just in case. Having said that, while looking for that post I quoted, there was something about certain sections of the ground being sent paper tickets.

It's fine, you are not patronising. I understand you want me to clarify.

But I have 100% got a paper ticket (I have a receipt also).

Until Saturday I was booked into my ST seat for Gills, but my wife decided she wanted to go and the seat next to my ST one was not available, hence I had to move. As I am typing, I am looking at my paper ticket for tomorrow.

A receipt would be easier, then I would not have to take a paper ticket. I now need to take both as I will spend with my smart card.

It would save a lot of grief if tickets could be downloaded and printed, like someone asked today on ATC.

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
If you buy a seat other than your ST seat then you are issued a paper ticket and it is not loaded on to your smartcard.
Once it is too close to the game to post the paper ticket out , you then have to pick it up from one of the ticket offices.

---
- Sent from my bed in my garden shed !

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Well just to prove the opposite I am a season ticket holder in WSU but wanted to see the game from a different stand so bought one for the east stand on Saturday in the stadium ticket office.

I have a paper ticket and they just added the information to my season ticket account

PriapismBoy

Apr 18, 2011
Durrington
My mate works in brighton and is going to collect my tickets from the queens road ticket office. Does she need my bank card as well as the purchase confirmation email?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I have a WSU season ticket and am sitting in my usual seat and they STILL sent me a paper ticket :shrug:

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Went with a friend to The Amex this afternoon to collect tickets for the Gillingham game tomorrow.

Approx 50 people waiting outside the superstore and told at least an hour wait once you eventually get inside, sure enough 2 hours after arriving we eventually collected his ticket.

I would suggest people don't leave it till tomorrow to get their tickets from the stadium as you could be in for a long wait.

Only 5 staff working in the tickets section, 3 of which are constantly on the phones. Apparently they have been somewhat surprised and caught out at the late demand for tickets following Saturday's game.

Suggested it before and can't believe its not been considered. To operate the ticket office in the Superstore is complete madness, all it needs is a couple of Portacabins beside the existing one that's there already and supply them either alphabetically or by Stand or Block numbers. Existing one appears to be used for corporate and media etc. Sometimes the answers to problems are right there under your nose !!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1901 is only sold out in respect that the 1901ers get their Cup tickets included in their package. I'd be surprised if it's much more than half full on the night.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Well I have a WSU season ticket and am sitting in my usual seat and they STILL sent me a paper ticket :shrug:

Same here. Had a problem using smartcard to get in against Spurs. Had to go to shop and they issued me a paper ticket, also confirmed my Gillingham ticket was loaded onto my Smartcard. On Friday i received a paper ticket for my own seat for Gillingham.

Chrisjloxton

Jan 28, 2011
Manchester
I would imagine so....they have been on sale for weeks

Thanks. They don't make it clear that my ticket has been sold?! - Should they give me the option before they do?? Was going to get the ticket for my Dad to go (sat next to friends) since I can't get down from Manchester on Tuesday night. Shan't bother. Disapointing.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Picking up my paper ticket is gonna be a nightmare for me. Oh well, just have to leave work really early :)

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Thanks. They don't make it clear that my ticket has been sold?! - Should they give me the option before they do?? Was going to get the ticket for my Dad to go (sat next to friends) since I can't get down from Manchester on Tuesday night. Shan't bother. Disapointing.

You'll get first dibs on your seat before they go on sale elsewhere. They put details up on the ticketing section on the website.

You can't expect the club to hold on to your seat until the day before a match on the off chance that you want it. Especially as you've had ~3 weeks or more to buy it yourself.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here