Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three boys arrested following death in Rottingdean

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
A similar case happened in Grimsby 2 or 3 years ago , a youngster was punched once in a confrontation and hit his head on the kerb when falling down , his assailant was convicted for murder after being initially arrested for GBH.

Similar cases have happened in Brighton in the last few years

[/quote]Mr Mansell and Mr Magdi are not the only people to have died after being punched in Brighton and Hove.

In January 1999 Jay Abatan died after being punched twice outside the Ocean Rooms in Morley Street, Brighton.

Ricky Brown, 25, was fatally punched outside the same building in the early hours of January 1, 2010. [/quote]

“One punch can kill” campaign launched by Brighton attack victim's family From The Argus)

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
10.30 isn't late for a 14 year old to be out. TBH when I was 14 I used to tell my parents I was going to the cinema and went to the park until 11.30ish. Maybe the parents didn't even know they were there. RIP lad, lots of lives ruined today.
Sorry, but 14 year olds should not be out, roaming the streets at 10.30pm

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Shocking, shocking news. Didn't know him very well personally but always seemed a nice guy when I played against him, and was a rock of a centre half. Horrible

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Similar cases have happened in Brighton in the last few years
Mr Mansell and Mr Magdi are not the only people to have died after being punched in Brighton and Hove.

In January 1999 Jay Abatan died after being punched twice outside the Ocean Rooms in Morley Street, Brighton.

Ricky Brown, 25, was fatally punched outside the same building in the early hours of January 1, 2010. [/quote]

“One punch can kill� campaign launched by Brighton attack victim's family From The Argus)[/QUOTE]

My better halve's mum is best friends with Mr Mansell's sister (not lucy though).

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
and the "scraps", the kids who at 13 or 14 get in to minor trouble who are now 18 or 19 (so my class mates) were not so ready to throw a punch.

Today the scraps are carrying knives. Five years age difference, and a totally different world.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My better halve's mum is best friends with Mr Mansell's sister (not lucy though).[/QUOTE]

And wishing her all the best for the coming week.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont be sorry - you are so right. Perhaps the answer is youth curfews, I think its this strategy which is working effectively in Oz,

Or youth clubs? When I was a lad I had a number of clubs and things I could go to. The Newhaven Boys Club kept me off the streets as a kid.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I live in Saltdean and go drinking in Rotters a fair bit and my kids 5/6yr go to school there. I am totally shocked. There are a few scummy chavy kids around the place sometimes. After the the reading game I had a quick one in the Vic and as I walked out to get the 27 home, a couple of little twats asked me for a light and then when I said I don't smoke, they hurled a load of disgusting abuse! I told em to grow some pubic hair and got on the bus. But really who are the parents and do they give a shit? I'm not saying these kids were the ones arrested but they could have been. I hope they get the f***ing full weight of the law thrown at them. We should reclaim our streets and parks from these scummers. If the OB won't do it, maybe we should do it ourselves.

Dec 29, 2011
Sorry, but 14 year olds should not be out, roaming the streets at 10.30pm

Maybe so, but what if their parents didn't know about it? I'm a perfectly well rounded kid with straight A's at GCSE and very decent A level results, now studying at uni, but I went out drinking at 14 in the park until 11 at night or later. It's part of growing up.

This post may seem a bit pointless, but i'm just saying try to see if from a wider perspective, kids out at 11pm doesn't equal awful parents or degenerate kids.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
What I don't get is how everybody on Facebook/The Argus/Twitter will constantly say the 13 or 14 year olds are scum (I don't know these people). For all we know a group of lads could have 'assaulted' these younger lads and they were just defending themselves hence why they hit back. Seriously people don't make wild accusations about the events, anything could have happened! Don't like the way the Daily Mail have spun it with 'rival gangs' either...

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Maybe so, but what if their parents didn't know about it? I'm a perfectly well rounded kid with straight A's at GCSE and very decent A level results, now studying at uni, but I went out drinking at 14 in the park until 11 at night or later. It's part of growing up.

This post may seem a bit pointless, but i'm just saying try to see if from a wider perspective, kids out at 11pm doesn't equal awful parents or degenerate kids.

Cannot agree with you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Fair point.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007

What I don't get is how everybody on Facebook/The Argus/Twitter will constantly say the 13 or 14 year olds are scum (I don't know these people). For all we know a group of lads could have 'assaulted' these younger lads and they were just defending themselves hence why they hit back. Seriously people don't make wild accusations about the events, anything could have happened! Don't like the way the Daily Mail have spun it with 'rival gangs' either...

Totally agree with both of these statements. It is undoubtedly a tragic and needless incident, but the amount of people jumping the gun and making their own assumptions on what happened is staggering. Until you know the full story I suggest you refrain from wading in.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.

The parents should be out looking for their kids if they're not in by 9pm at that age. Especially on a saturday night when trouble from older people in their late teens and 20's is far more likely to be visited on them.

At 14 it is illeagal for you to be sold alchohol, AND for you to consume it in a public place with no supervision, so it is NOT a part of growing up, it is breaking the law, and the person who gave you the alchohol should be in prison (they would be if they'd owned a licenced premises).

I've had to put up with plenty of abuse from drunk kids of that age, including having a brick chucked through my window.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here