Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three boys arrested following death in Rottingdean

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
I've just had a great afternoon out, taking Peever's mum and and my soon to be 13 year old son, out to the Shepherd and Dog in Faulking for a Sunday roast.

Wherever we go together, I am so proud to be his dad because as a young person he excells himself.

Then I read this thread, and truly can't believe that children of his age group could do such a thing.

This is awfull, tragic, just un real.

I feel so much for the lad's parents.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Truly shocking news, didn't know the kid but my thoughts go out to his friends and family. What makes it more shocking is the fact that it happened right on my old doorstep in Rottingdean of all places!

Exactly this... I've still got kids of a similar age living there... They may well have known the lad! Wtf is going on in this world of ours?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
A lot of people making judgements without knowing details. If it is one punch I believe manslaughter would be a reaonable charge - I doubt that the arrested boy intended to kill the victim. Yes he should be dealt with by the law but he will also have to live with this for the rest of his life. How many people on here never got into a fight as a kid ?
Condolences to those who knew the victim

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Exactly this... I've still got kids of a similar age living there... They may well have known the lad! Wtf is going on in this world of ours?

Same here, I happened within 100yards of my house and I was out and about in the area last night saw the usual groups of school kids hanging around but never anything different to ususal, Now I can't go out my garden, There is cameras around, forensic teams and had the police speaking to us this morning such a turn around for the usually peacefull village.

Really send my best to his family shocking news.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Well quite, your kids may even know the alleged perpetrators. The local school (name escapes me) is in for challenging times, feelings and emotions will be running high for sure

My kids have all left school now so will have more likely have known the victim... The local school has had an excellent reputation in the past, not sure about it's current standing tbh.

All the families involved will obviously be devastated but I can't understand the mentality of allowing kids to be out at that time of night... A pure waste of a few young lives, probably brought about by next to nothing!

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
My kids have all left school now so will have more likely have known the victim... The local school has had an excellent reputation in the past, not sure about it's current standing tbh.

All the families involved will obviously be devastated but I can't understand the mentality of allowing kids to be out at that time of night... A pure waste of a few young lives, probably brought about xby next to nothing!

No I can't understand kids of that age roaming the streets at that time of night. Someone commented on Argus website that Australia has laws to deal with these terrible problems - but he didnt expand

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Had no idea anything happened until i passed the scene on the bus back to Eastbourne earlier today, and then looked online and saw what happened. Quite how 2 14yr olds and a 13yr old could kill someone ive no idea but im sure we will know somehow. This is the 2nd killing of a teenager in Sussex within 3 weeks now and this is getting pretty bad now.

RIP to the victim and my thoughts are with his family - hope the perpetrators get punished hard.

What time did it occur?

Between 10.30 and 11 last night

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Quite shocked to hear this given I lived for 5 years in Stenning Avenue.

RIP and thoughts with the family

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
My God, what an absolutely dreadful state of affairs. Truely shocking news. :nono:

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
P&TFC have just released a statement. From Yahoo News...

A talented teenage footballer who was killed during an argument in the street has been described as a "wonderful person" with a "lovely nature".

Peacehaven and Telscombe Football Club released a statement paying tribute to 19-year-old team member Connor Saunders following his death.

Mr Saunders, of Downsway, Woodingdean, Brighton, is believed to have received a forceful punch during an altercation between two groups of people in West Street, Rottingdean, East Sussex, Sussex Police said.

He was taken to the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton, but died earlier today, a force spokeswoman added. Two boys aged 14 and one aged 13 who were originally arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm have now been arrested on suspicion of murder and remain in police custody, she said.

A spokesman for the football club said: "We have all lost a wonderful person and talented footballer. Connor has many friends because of his lovely nature and his loss is tragic to everyone connected to our club, his friends and family. The club is currently in a state of shock. Our condolences go to all the family and we would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult time."

Detective Chief Inspector Nick May, from Surrey and Sussex Major Crime Team, who is leading Operation Markby, said: "Sadly a young man has now died following a serious assault in Rottingdean last night.

"Our thoughts are with the family at what is an incredibly difficult time for them. Officers will be in the Rottingdean area to speak with local residents and anyone who may be concerned about the incident.

"An area of West Street is cordoned off to help us with our investigation and residents and visitors to Rottingdean today have been very understanding of the reasons around this. I'd like to thank them for their continued patience and support. We are still working to establish the full circumstances of the incident. At the moment we believe that an altercation has taken place between two groups in West Street.

"Members of each group are known to each other and during the incident the 19-year-old victim has been punched to the head, causing him to fall to the floor. I am aware that there has been some speculation locally that a weapon was involved, but there is no indication from the information we have that this was the case."

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Sussex Police on 101 quoting Operation Markby, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

@YahooNewsUK Teenagers held over fight death - Yahoo! News UK

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
10.30 isn't late for a 14 year old to be out. TBH when I was 14 I used to tell my parents I was going to the cinema and went to the park until 11.30ish. Maybe the parents didn't even know they were there. RIP lad, lots of lives ruined today.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A lot of people making judgements without knowing details. If it is one punch I believe manslaughter would be a reaonable charge - I doubt that the arrested boy intended to kill the victim. Yes he should be dealt with by the law but he will also have to live with this for the rest of his life. How many people on here never got into a fight as a kid ?

A similar case happened in Grimsby 2 or 3 years ago , a youngster was punched once in a confrontation and hit his head on the kerb when falling down , his assailant was convicted for murder after being initially arrested for GBH.

i've always had respect for those who can see both sides of a debate but i've punched people when I was a kid and I've driven whilst being over the limit, if I had killed someone during this' folly of youth' I would expect to be dealt with to the full extent of the law. I hope he gets 25 years to "live with this"

macky

Dec 28, 2004
theres no real facts out yet But whatever they are there has been lots of lives ruined
The parents and families on both sides Such a waste

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here