Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thread of Shame

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I suggest we let Bozza get on and run the board. We all know what to expect if we flout the rules. TBH I doubt it would take too much more hassle for him (Bozza) to just close the whole board down which would be a tremendous shame.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
May I say, I started this thread as a light humoured alternative thread to all the new manager polls and stats. It appears to have gone a touch wild and is by no means a form of policing the police. E77 may have more bans due to putting in more hours, I do not know or care if this is the case! I repeat it was a light hearted thread

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Me too. Top banning. :clap2:

vulture won't be missed. :bigwave:

Your phrase i believe.. :bowdown:

Coming back as another poster, Father Christmas in this case, does nothing to help me sympathize with posters who have had their posting rights taken away.

Not least of all it creates more work which I could do without quite frankly.

Massive :lol: - Not at you but at sheer audacity, and complete pisstake..and now totally rumbled.. ! ARF ARF...

E77 is like The Equaliser, cleaning up the crap from the mean thread's of NSC.. :guns:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I completely understand that it would now be a good idea for us all to have several accounts, while the lunatic E77 is so busy acting like a 5 year old.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why people get so arsey about it is beyond me. There are one or two mods who have been far too aggressive in the past, but if you get a ban, you get a ban.

Is it really the end of the world if you can't post on here for a few days FFS? Some people are right sad twats getting so worked up over it, IMO.

So fwiw, Gareth & Safeway were dealt with harshly, but so f***ing what? It's not their board and the mods saw fit to ban them for whatever reasons for just a few days. On the other hand, vulture deserved what he got. He's aggressive and has pissed off the powers that be for far too long. Personally I am surprised that he has re-registered as a new user so often. I genuinely assumed he was too normal and not sad enough to do that. Apparently not, it seems.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is it really the end of the world if you can't post on here for a few days FFS? Some people are right sad twats getting so worked up over it, IMO.

But it's not just "a few days" is it...?

It,s over 90 days FFS. Will you get a ban for 90 days if you call someone a "prick"..? No...of course not. This is about abuse of privileges and power.

E77 should be retired off ASAP.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
But it's not just "a few days" is it...?

It,s over 90 days FFS. Will you get a ban for 90 days if you call someone a "prick"..? No...of course not. This is about abuse of privileges and power.

E77 should be retired off ASAP.
Do me a favour. He hasn't been banned for 90 days for calling a mod a prick. Obviously.

How many f***ing times does he have to be banned for a week to get the message? The bloke is an idiot, and an aggressive one at that.

IMO, E77 has been overzealous in the past, sure. But ultimately the other mods will decide if he's doing a fair job or not, and chastising him on a public thread is not the best way to change things.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Do me a favour. He hasn't been banned for 90 days for calling a mod a prick.

IMO, E77 has been overzealous in the past, sure. But ultimately the other mods will decide if he's doing a fair job or not, and chastising him on a public thread is not the best way to change things.

Personally, I do believe he has been banned for calling a mod (E77) a prick. Please read my earlier post, showing how E77 acted in a fit of pique.

I also agree that E77 has been overzealous in the past..........but ultimately the other mods have decided he's doing a fair job, and chastising him on a public thread is now the best way to change things..........touche.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Do me a favour. He hasn't been banned for 90 days for calling a mod a prick. Obviously.

How many f***ing times does he have to be banned for a week to get the message? The bloke is an idiot, and an aggressive one at that.

:bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla::bla:typical ginger

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I quite like Vulture. He makes me laugh. Definitely didn't deserve a 3 month ban. All a bit pathetic if you ask me, which you didn't.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You see, this all gets very annoying. When people do this, I then have to turn on 'manual moderation' of NSC accounts in order to try and weed out people attempting to re-register. The impact of this is...

1. Genuine new users have to wait until I have validated their account before they can post.

2. I have to spend more time on 'admin' for the site whilst I validate accounts - checking on IP addresses and email addresses and the like.

All of which pissed me off royally. And does nothing to help the case of those who feel they have an unjust ban.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I quite like Vulture. He makes me laugh. Definitely didn't deserve a 3 month ban. All a bit pathetic if you ask me, which you didn't.

Thank you kind sir :clap2: Bozza if all the mods where fair like yourself and Kieron then I would not have to set up accounts like this.
In the past on the very rare times I have deserved a ban I have served it without posting.Please tell me Darren why I deserve a 3 month ban for calling a mod a prick in jest then admits he dislikes me then as Colin (cjd) has pointed out banned me in a stupid hissy fit.E77 you should resign:US:
Lots of Love and Kisses
Vulture

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As far as I am concerned we are posters first and mods second.

Bozza, Hiney and myself have all been banned in the past, and we have never complained about it, to be honest it has allowed us to get some work done.

If you think it's harsh banning people for bigotry for a long period then fine, but ask yourself first if NSC is better or worse off not having yet another BNP thread appearing every single day?

We genuinely loathe having to ban people, what makes NSC better than most other football boards (IMO) is the ability to swear, take the mick, tease, torment and tantalise in equal measure, about football, life, the universe and everything, and long may it continue that way.

As mods we are sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but ALWAYS certain.

EP

xx

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
As far as I am concerned we are posters first and mods second.

Bozza, Hiney and myself have all been banned in the past, and we have never complained about it, to be honest it has allowed us to get some work done.

If you think it's harsh banning people for bigotry for a long period then fine, but ask yourself first if NSC is better or worse off not having yet another BNP thread appearing every single day?

We genuinely loathe having to ban people, what makes NSC better than most other football boards (IMO) is the ability to swear, take the mick, tease, torment and tantalise in equal measure, about football, life, the universe and everything, and long may it continue that way.

As mods we are sometimes right, sometimes wrong, but ALWAYS certain.

EP

xx
I don't for one minute disagree with any of that, but you must admit e77 is a little over zealous and to ban Vulture for calling him a prick a step too far.
Honestly El pres if someone called me a prick and I reported it, would you ban them ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
I don't for one minute disagree with any of that, but you must admit e77 is a little over zealous and to ban Vulture for calling him a prick a step too far.
Honestly El pres if someone called me a prick and I reported it, would you ban them ?

and for 3 f***ing months with a warning of a lifetime ban e77 you are a wick:lolol:

You see, this all gets very annoying. When people do this, I then have to turn on 'manual moderation' of NSC accounts in order to try and weed out people attempting to re-register. The impact of this is...

1. Genuine new users have to wait until I have validated their account before they can post.

2. I have to spend more time on 'admin' for the site whilst I validate accounts - checking on IP addresses and email addresses and the like.

All of which pissed me off royally. And does nothing to help the case of those who feel they have an unjust ban.

You are BANNED too, in an hour and a half. Remember? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here