Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thought your guy was richer than this.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
At least our current owners are actually interested in the club. It has to be seen how much interest the Liebherr family have in the club in the long term - Markus's 'toy project' may just be an expense too much for them...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
When a man owes 75% of our club, it is in our interest to know as much as possible about him. I mean how much do we know about him? Not a lot at all really.

i dont think we shouldn't be so harsh on HurstpeirpointSeagull, he does have a point that needs addressing.

i would do so thus. Knight is still there and i trust him to ensure the club doesnt head towards dangerous waters. Bloom's family have had a long history with the club, this isnt a newcomer. he's fronted up cash you dont get without a trail which other directors would have checked. the investment is into the stadium which is held seperatly from the club so (i believe in theory) can never be sold off. so lets not worry too much.

doesnt stop us being curious of course, and that will never go away until we know.

rednob however doesnt have a point and should f*** off.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
At least our current owners are actually interested in the club. It has to be seen how much interest the Liebherr family have in the club in the long term - Markus's 'toy project' may just be an expense too much for them...

I would hardly call it expense. Evidently we're a drop in the ocean.

Your right though. The Liebherr family might be dis interested. However we have a trust fund to keep us going for now. The will etc has yet to reveal which person actually owns the club but either it will be someone who takes his ideas forward or it will be someone who makes sure it gets sold to someone reputable.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
With Markus gone and that egotistical twat Cortese in charge I confidently predict the Liebherr family will pull out sometime in the near future, your paltry trust fund will dry up in no time at all and the Scummers will be up shit street yet again and back to square one. At least I sincerely hope so for your odious pompous wank sock of a club and its equally deluded up their own arses supporters. I hope you fold and St Marys is turned into a Tesco store and you end up following Eastleigh. :albion1:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With Markus gone and that egotistical twat Cortese in charge I confidently predict the Liebherr family will pull out sometime in the near future, your paltry trust fund will dry up in no time at all and the Scummers will be up shit street yet again and back to square one. At least I sincerely hope so for your odious pompous wank sock of a club and its equally deluded up their own arses supporters. I hope you fold and St Marys is turned into a Tesco store and you end up following Eastleigh. :albion1:

Why would he end up following Eastleigh? He lives in PATCHAM.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
Eastleigh, Havant, Farnborough I don't really care I just picked a random shit club as opposed to Scumhampton who are just a shit club.

i dont think we shouldn't be so harsh on HurstpeirpointSeagull, he does have a point that needs addressing.

i would do so thus. Knight is still there and i trust him to ensure the club doesnt head towards dangerous waters. Bloom's family have had a long history with the club, this isnt a newcomer. he's fronted up cash you dont get without a trail which other directors would have checked. the investment is into the stadium which is held seperatly from the club so (i believe in theory) can never be sold off. so lets not worry too much.

doesnt stop us being curious of course, and that will never go away until we know.

Dick Knight is Honorary President only, he's not a director and therefore does not have a seat on the Board.
Tony Bloom holds a majority shareholding in the club (ie the Holding Company) of between 70-80% of the shares issued to date. The Stadium Company is wholly owned by the Holding Company (ie effectively by TB) but is a separate Ltd company. Presumably, TB's loans for the Amex build will be converted into shares in the Stadium Company if the SC doesn't repay by 2023(?) but even at this stage I can't see any reason why TB/HC couldn't sell the SC if he wanted to.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

I bet you slow down for car crashes you deluded prick. How can you call it a paltry trust fund when you dont know how much it is. Trust me its enough to keep us going and get us in the Champ. Face it you know were going places and arent kept in the dark about where the money's coming from.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Your right though. The Liebherr family might be dis interested. However we have a trust fund to keep us going for now. The will etc has yet to reveal which person actually owns the club but either it will be someone who takes his ideas forward or it will be someone who makes sure it gets sold to someone reputable.

Interesting to see that Liebherr reputedly, paid just £13-£15 million for your club.

His first statement included the words...."We will act rapidly, but also plan for the long-term, because I am here for the long-term".......oops....!

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

Not sure I was actually making a point regarding your club. I was simply posing a question. So you are indeed a crusty piece of shit and can indeed f*** off.

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I bet you slow down for car crashes you deluded prick. How can you call it a paltry trust fund when you dont know how much it is. Trust me its enough to keep us going and get us in the Champ. Face it you know were going places and arent kept in the dark about where the money's coming from.
I hope he does slow down for car crashes,infact i expect him to give basic first aid as well being a copper.:facepalm:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
How can you call it a paltry trust fund when you dont know how much it is. Trust me its enough to keep us going and get us in the Champ.

er..... so how do *you* know its enough to get you into the Championship? how much does that take by the way?

you say above that you dont even know who owns the club, how can you have any confidence they will do the right thing or have the money? i'd be a very worried Southampton fan.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield

Have the details of the trust fund been released to the public yet?

What gets me are the Saints fans who don't understand the efforts of Rupert Lowe through the good times, keeping a provincial club in the premiership for so long, getting in good managers and maintaining an excellent youth academy. He was seen as the blame and hate figure by the same fans who praised the teams efforts getting to the FA Cup Final, Europe and a Top-7 spot. How short the memories are of the deluded fans who consumed the premiership dream for so long, thinking they were as big as much larger teams.

I realised a few years ago that Saints were on the slide when the signed Bret Ormerod instead of Zamora...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Have the details of the trust fund been released to the public yet?

What gets me are the Saints fans who don't understand the efforts of Rupert Lowe through the good times, keeping a provincial club in the premiership for so long, getting in good managers and maintaining an excellent youth academy. He was seen as the blame and hate figure by the same fans who praised the teams efforts getting to the FA Cup Final, Europe and a Top-7 spot. How short the memories are of the deluded fans who consumed the premiership dream for so long, thinking they were as big as much larger teams.

I realised a few years ago that Saints were on the slide when the signed Bret Ormerod instead of Zamora...

yep, remember Zamora telling me he was gutted about that in the Beach. (night club)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
yep, remember Zamora telling me he was gutted about that in the Beach. (night club)

I remember that, Bobby was indeed gutted that his good mate Brett had signed for a team so obviously unravelling at the seams

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ben, what exactly is the point of this thread? Bloom is minted to the extent that he's paid for a stadium outright and will only demand the money back as the club can afford to pay it back. He also comes from a family who have been closely connected to the Albion for about 50 years, and were directors. I have a friend here in Reigate (who I will be watching the game with) who went to school with him at Lancing College, and told me that he absolutely bleeds blue and white. I also have another friend who is a current mate of his brother and tells the same story.

On the other hand, your club is run by a foreigner with no links in the local community. I don't really care who is the richest of the two to be honest, I'm just pleased that my club is being backed by someone who is unquestionably a big fan.

You'll probably tell me this weekend how deluded some of our fans are, and how they get their knickers in a twist over nothing, but you've only got yourself to blame with this crap thread IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here