Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thought your guy was richer than this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The Liebherr family obviously didnt sack AP did they. This task was delegated. Who knows why he went? but it clearly was for a good reason. Anyway NA has got us playing better football.

Oh dear some of you really are touchy arent you.

Is that the 'better football' that has seen you score ZERO goals from open play, in his first 4 games?

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not at all touchy....feely maybe, but not touchy.

Are you seriously saying that they were not consulted in the sacking of the "public face" of your football club.

I may be feely, but I am not nieve.

Maybe but I'm sure the message back would be 'just do what you think best' Not sure they would be in mood to get too involved seeing as ML had just died.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Is that the 'better football' that has seen you score ZERO goals from open play, in his first 4 games?

So i was imagining those goals against SWFC and Yeovil then? and against Bmuff we sat back once we scored from 2 pens.

The subject of this thread appears to be changing somewhat.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So i was imagining those goals against SWFC and Yeovil then? and against Bmuff we sat back once we scored from 2 pens.

The subject of this thread appears to be changing somewhat.

Apologies Ben. 2 in 6, then. Carry on.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
TBH, you never know, maybe he is now worth only £50m after spending a £100m on the club he loves?

Food for thought that he isn't worth as much anymore.

Think of it this way, he was "only" initially going to invest £40m with the rest from loans, but had to put up the whole amount. If TB was worth hundreds of millions, then why not pay for the whole thing up front from the beginning? Why get loans and pay obscene interest amounts?

If as we hear he wants promotion this season, then again if he's worth a huge amount, why would he not stump up the extra dosh for a "25 goal a season" striker?

Obviously I'm playing Devils Advocat, but you get the idea!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
yeah but he's a gambler... probably £50m one day, £200m the next and £170m the next etc etc ... they just caught him on a bad day! :ohmy:

:lolol:

The denial on this thread is hilarious, he is not worth the billions some people pretend he is, for all we know he loaned the money to fund the stadium.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The denial on this thread is hilarious, he is not worth the billions some people pretend he is, for all we know he loaned the money to fund the stadium.

Yes, yes I suspect he did EXACTLY that. Borrowing £100million at high interest rates, than loaning it on interest free is EXACTLY what I would expect of a successful and astute businessman.

GOOD theory.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Pretty safe to say he wasn't loaned the money. Look at some of his statements about it and the fact we don't have to pay interest give that away.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yes, yes I suspect he did EXACTLY that. Borrowing £100million at high interest rates, than loaning it on interest free is EXACTLY what I would expect of a successful and astute businessman.

GOOD theory.

Good reading, I simply pointed out he could have been loaned the money and you pointed out it was not realistic, it is a valid question though as far as im concerned, where did the £100m come from, because I can't see any activities that would make him as rich as he is, I reckon that valuation is pretty accurate.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good reading, I simply pointed out he could have been loaned the money and you pointed out it was not realistic, it is a valid question though as far as im concerned, where did the £100m come from, because I can't see any activities that would make him as rich as he is, I reckon that valuation is pretty accurate.

So you don't know what he does, where his money comes from or where he stashes it - and you're happy with the 'valuation' on the back of that?

Right.

It is not a valid question at all. We have no right to know how much Tony Bloom is worth, or where his wealth comes from. What we have a right to know is his dealings with the football club, and we have been told (and I have no reason to doubt the club on this) that he has given the money to the club as an interest free convertible loan, to either be paid back over the period 2013-2023 or at the end of this period to be converted into shares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here