Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Two lads shot dead in Florida......

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think people coming to conclusions about why the 2 lads were in that area have no experience of travel. You have a few beers, you can end up in dodgy company, take a wrong turn, you're in a seedy side street. It's all part of the big adventure. It's gone very wrong for threse 2 lads who have done nothing wrong & I feel for the families.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
So basically, the choices are

Have a holiday and go abroad, seek out drugs distributors in rough areas and get shot dead by Americans.

Join The British Army and go abroad, seek out drugs distributors in rough areas and get shot dead by Americans.

Have I covered all the bases?

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think people coming to conclusions about why the 2 lads were in that area have no experience of travel. You have a few beers, you can end up in dodgy company, take a wrong turn, you're in a seedy side street. It's all part of the big adventure. It's gone very wrong for threse 2 lads who have done nothing wrong & I feel for the families.

Thing is these guys were apparently MILES out of the way. It can happen though I suppose, they don't really look the type to get a sudden taste for hard, addictive, drugs and I doubt anyone has ever wanted weed enough to go that far out of the comfort zone to get it...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think people coming to conclusions about why the 2 lads were in that area have no experience of travel. You have a few beers, you can end up in dodgy company, take a wrong turn, you're in a seedy side street. It's all part of the big
adventure. It's gone very wrong for threse 2 lads who have done nothing wrong & I feel for the families.

A well made point.

I remember a few Aussies got bashed by a gang in Belfast for wandering onto the wrong patch.

Three Australian tourists were attacked by a gang of up to 20 youths, some armed with iron bars, in east Belfast early today. The three young men were in the Albert Bridge Road area of the city when they were set upon by the gang.
The RUC believes the gang came from the Short Strand area.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
First thought was drugs, but like JS says, they dont really look like the type... second thought was gay scenario, but then...still doesnt look right... maybe they thought they were in a legitimate taxi or somebody offered a lift, and they just robbed and killed them..

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Thing is these guys were apparently MILES out of the way. It can happen though I suppose, they don't really look the type to get a sudden taste for hard, addictive, drugs and I doubt anyone has ever wanted weed enough to go that far out of the comfort zone to get it...

It happens. Just off the top of my head, I remember being in Djibouti (utter shithole) having several glasses of f*** knows what with the lads & taking the piss out of the Foreign Legion guys who joined us, then blacking out & waking up in a mud hut in the desert, miles away from town, with some bird who was the spitting image of Mrs Bowie, (Iman?) Anyway, one of many sea stories where I've been in very dodgy areas. We just don't know what happened to these 2. Even if they were on the hunt for some gear, they didn't deserve shooting.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It happens. Just off the top of my head, I remember being in Djibouti (utter shithole) having several glasses of f*** knows what with the lads & taking the piss out of the Foreign Legion guys who joined us, then blacking out & waking up in a mud hut in the desert, miles away from town, with some bird who was the spitting image of Mrs Bowie, (Iman?) Anyway, one of many sea stories where I've been in very dodgy areas. We just don't know what happened to these 2. Even if they were on the hunt for some gear, they didn't deserve shooting.
could've been worse smudge, you could've woken up in de montfort flats .

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
19 April 2011 Last updated at 13:46

Sarasota mayor's shock at tourists' Florida deaths

Police are investigating why the friends were in the residential area at 3am

The Mayor of Sarasota has spoken about the shock and disbelief within the local community over the deaths of two British tourists on holiday in Florida.

James Kouzaris, 24, from Northampton, and James Cooper, 25, of Warwick, were found shot dead 50ft from each other in a street in the Newtown area of Sarasota.

A 16-year-old boy has been charged with two counts of murder after the friends from university were found on Saturday.

Shawn Tyson is due in court later.

Speaking about how local people had responded to the news, Mayor Kelly Kirschner said: "I think it's fair to say a good bit of shock and disbelief and waiting obviously to learn more about the details of the night."

'Tale of two cities'

Mayor Kirschner described the area where the bodies were found as one of the poorest parts of south-west Florida.

"We do have this tale of two cities," he said.

"We have, I think, one of the greatest cities in the state of Florida in terms of our dedication to culture and arts, and beautiful beaches and everything else.

"Then the flip side is you have this historic black community that is the complete opposite of that situation.

Mayor of Sarasota, Kelly Kirschner: "It's a gut-check for us as a community"
"And it is troubling again as a native of Sarasota that we haven't been able to harness the power and energy of such wealth."

However, the mayor said he was reluctant to be drawn on what might have happened.

"It would just be speculation and not really productive for me to get in to," he said.

"We were seeing these sensational stories coming out of some of the British tabloids that this is a gangland type of thing and rampant violence.

"You do read these other things online - that they're [the British tourists] in the wrong place at the wrong time - and that's unacceptable to me."

BBC News - Sarasota mayor Florida deaths

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
OR, just a thought... the people who work there ???

Oh but they know what they're getting in for, like soliders do, so it doesn't really count if they die, right NSC?! :rolleyes:

That's what I'm saying, it's a criticism of the earlier post, FFS why am I even responding?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
:highjack:...........???..........:wave:..........once they join the army are they given a choice , enlighten me ,i really don't know. Are we talking about the hierarchy here or the individual..........two blokes poncing around a u.s ghetto at silly o'clock in the morning getting weighed in and a soldier being killed by an i.e.d are in Afghanistan completely different , i would definitely have more sympathy for the latter.

They know exactly what they are signing up for, two guys getting into a car thinking it is a lift home then getting murdered though are completely deserving of what they got?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here