Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thornhill signs - Lynch Gone

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Deffo going to Crawley to have a look now...

Seems we're sorted for defence, wingers and strikers, so an 'attacking midfielder' is most welcome. Let's hope he puts his foot in as well :thumbsup:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Poor deal IMO.

Anyone who mentions Livermore at LB can hand themselves into a mental institution.

Well as it stands Wizard he is the only player who I can think of who can play there. I suppose you could play Whing at LB and Tunnicliffe RB but thats players out of position and I don't think Slade will do that. Oh and by the way I am willing to give Livermore a chance, he was shit under Adams but so was Virgo and Cox, has not played in the 2nd tier of English football his whole career by accident.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
anyone here seen thornhill play? we have a load of midfielders now..i hope they can gel. Just get Murray out and a top player in to replace him (As murray is dis interested) then we are almost ready

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
anyone here seen thornhill play? we have a load of midfielders now..i hope they can gel. Just get Murray out and a top player in to replace him (As murray is dis interested) then we are almost ready

He's a class player according to most forest fans.
Why you want rid of Murray is beyond me, best player in our team IMO.:bowdown:

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
sad to see lynch go, especially at that price.

would have rather seen a straight swap for thornhill but if he does the business next season who cares who he belongs to as long as he stays the whole season - including the play offs of course

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
"Albion boss Slade, who has been chasing the youngster throughout the summer, said"

you can get arrested for that

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Who is good enough to replace our best player? Maybe Beckford but he's off the transfer list.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally not impressed at all. Lynch is worth more than that and we are now without a left back until McNulty is back (Livermore is not a left back last season showed that more than once). Thornhill only here for 6 months, so what happens come January if he does really well Forest take him back and we are left with a hole in our midfield.
Throw in all the stuff about Ifill, who would have done some damage in this league, and the fact that Harding, who would have been a more than able as cover at left back, has gone its not been a good day in my view.

Last edited:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
And a left back??

I think we could do with signing Spiller as well then we have:

DM Dicker
DM Crofts
AM Spiller
AM Thornhill

Two from four and the others on the bench. I think we need another winger, left sided or can play both and a loan/reserve left back.

Then get rid of Colin Hawkins, lets face it he is not going to get near the first team.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I definetly feel good about that swap.
A promising midfieder coming our way ?

Lets face it Lynch was lost to us ages ago.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thornhill to Brighton.

Forests take on Thornhill, seems rated all be it a bit light weight

Hopefully we can stick this 200k straight into the playing side.

Need a LB now , talk of Livermore there isn't great at all

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
I definetly feel good about that swap.
A promising midfieder coming our way ?

Lets face it Lynch was lost to us ages ago.

I feel ok about it if

1) we have a good left back signed up before the start of the season and

2) if there is an option to buy at the end of the loan period

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
"I really rate Thornhill, I doubt there are any better in that league let alone brightons squad"

Think it's fair to say they rate him! Expecting good things from Matt. Just trying to find out whether he's exclusively a central midfielder. I know he's attacking, but am yet to see anything relating to his position.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
200k is a great deal for Lynch. A young player who showed flashes of skill but didn't deliver consistently but did prove he was a prima donna. Was destined to become another unfulfilled "lad with potential" (a la Robinson) so no use to us. If the move does him good and he does fulfill the potential that some people see in him then we trouser 25%. Good business.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
lynch can play left back plus is better bet at centre half than virgo so i presumed we'd keep hold of him until either jimmy mac is back or we'd signed a new left back. seems a bit odd to lose his services for just 200k as we don't really need the cash (how things have changed for us!).

as somebody else said above, if thornhill is as good as promised he's likely to be recalled by forest or somebody else will come in for him during the winter transfer window.

hawkins and mcloed will be gone by start of season i reckon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here