Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] This Is A Public Health Information Notice On Behalf Of...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
May I ask whether you were double vaccinated?

Yes. One of us with Pfizer, the other Astra-Zeneca. Still got pretty rough for 48 hours with fever, headache, sore throat and a cough. I’m over a week in and it’s basically rekindled the same symptoms as my childhood asthma. Not pleasant and barely improving. My wife is on about day 7 and has struggled to eat as it feels as if her mouth and throat are full of ulcers.

I’ve worked all the way through without catching it. So had my wife, in a hospital. Within a couple of weeks of many people deciding COVID is over and dispensing with masks and thoughtfulness, no longer able to avoid infection despite being careful ourselves.

Given that we would no doubt be classified as having very mild symptoms, pretty thankful for the jabs because I wouldn’t have wanted it much worse. Certainly, the way my chest is currently, I suspect I’d have needed some hospital support otherwise.

The day before my positive test I ran 5k in 27 minutes so good luck to those who now think the jabs make them untouchable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
You’re getting stick on here. But you’re correct.
Going to the Amex will expose people to many infections. Including Covid.
For the record, if one is going to attend an event with so many people, wear a mask. Get to your seat quickly. If one can’t manage that, or it scares people, stay home.

I wear my mask where it is sensible or required. Not because I think it’s of much use at the point but because it makes my life easier. At some point soon though I will ditch the mask everywhere. But I wouldn’t be going to any event where 30,000 people are in attendance if I was that scared of Covid. And I certainly wouldn’t come on here afterwards, screaming that people aren’t playing by the rules. What do you expect?

You’re in a stadium with 30,000 people. The driver on the 700 can’t get all 15 people on the bus to wear a mask FFS! What did you think it was going to be like?

So you agree with him that double vaccinated people have nothing to worry about and that you are 'completely safe at the Amex'?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you agree with him that double vaccinated people have nothing to worry about and that you are 'completely safe at the Amex'?

I agree in so much as you’re as safe as you’re gonna be. And if you don’t feel safe, stay home. Easy peas.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cases in England are going down

Cases in Scotland are going up - Scotland is driving the UK rise.

Kids back at school in Scotland.

I'll shake your hand if cases are falling in England in 2 weeks.

(as long as we are both wearing masks and gloves, obviously).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. One of us with Pfizer, the other Astra-Zeneca. Still got pretty rough for 48 hours with fever, headache, sore throat and a cough. I’m over a week in and it’s basically rekindled the same symptoms as my childhood asthma. Not pleasant and barely improving. My wife is on about day 7 and has struggled to eat as it feels as if her mouth and throat are full of ulcers.

I’ve worked all the way through without catching it. So had my wife, in a hospital. Within a couple of weeks of many people deciding COVID is over and dispensing with masks and thoughtfulness, no longer able to avoid infection despite being careful ourselves.

Given that we would no doubt be classified as having very mild symptoms, pretty thankful for the jabs because I wouldn’t have wanted it much worse. Certainly, the way my chest is currently, I suspect I’d have needed some hospital support otherwise.

The day before my positive test I ran 5k in 27 minutes so good luck to those who now think the jabs make them untouchable.

Wow. A salutary tale. I hope you both recover quickly and well. In the meantime I will be a bit more careful. As should we all.

:thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Of course people that have been double vaccinated will be in hospital as more and more people have been jabbed twice. There will always be people vulnerable to Covid, like they have been to pneumonias and flus before. But Covid is not the only health issue out there, there is no daily count of cancers and other health issues. This virus will be around forever, but we can't wear face nappies forever, got to get back on with life and stop hiding under our beds. I have had both jabs and won't allow this to take over my life anymore. I respect all opinions though which is important to critically analyse both sides of every argument or issue.

Newly joined and immediately wading in with “face nappies”. Which begs the question “sock puppet or ****?”.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That’s some of what he said. That’s exactly part of what he said. And that’s the part I agree with.

Then state that then, it isn't hard!!

Your post stated 'You’re getting stick on here. But you’re correct'. You didn't specify which bit you agreed with so most people will assume you agree with everything he said in the post.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course people that have been double vaccinated will be in hospital as more and more people have been jabbed twice. There will always be people vulnerable to Covid, like they have been to pneumonias and flus before. But Covid is not the only health issue out there, there is no daily count of cancers and other health issues. This virus will be around forever, but we can't wear face nappies forever, got to get back on with life and stop hiding under our beds. I have had both jabs and won't allow this to take over my life anymore. I respect all opinions though which is important to critically analyse both sides of every argument or issue.

Sad that you consider the simple act of wearing a mask as taking over your life!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Then state that then, it isn't hard!!

Your post stated 'You’re getting stick on here. But you’re correct'. You didn't specify which bit you agreed with so most people will assume you agree with everything he said in the post.

Calm down please. If I didn’t make myself clear and you didn’t understand, it’s not a big deal. It’s an Internet post.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Calm down please. If I didn’t make myself clear and you didn’t understand, it’s not a big deal. It’s an Internet post.

Well it is a deal if you post something that is misleading, especially if it is seemingly in support of Mustafa who has posted some crap over the last few days.

Still, it seems you are sort of apologising and confirming you don't agree with most of what Mustafa is saying particularly the bit where he claims it's safe to go to the Amex and that double vaccination is complete protection.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I didn't say double vaccination is complete protection.

...and now you're suggesting it's not safe to go to the Amex?

Someone better inform Paul Barber.

My mistake, you said people were completely safe at the Amex and that double vaccinated people had nothing to worry about. Both incorrect.

Double vaccinated people are still getting covid and ending up in hospital so they do have something to worry about. Also the Amex isn't completely safe. There is a risk and that individuals have to decide how much of a risk it is to them.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
You can be as careful as you like at the ground then you have to put up with those ***** that run southern rail and get put into a situation where they cant be bothered to run trains which more than 4 cars long forcing people to crush together.

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
My mistake, you said people were completely safe at the Amex and that double vaccinated people had nothing to worry about. Both incorrect.

Double vaccinated people are still getting covid and ending up in hospital so they do have something to worry about. Also the Amex isn't completely safe. There is a risk and that individuals have to decide how much of a risk it is to them.

Exactly. I personally am happy to take the risk. Double vaccines will help the majority of people to get on with their lives. There has to come a point when we stop being afraid. I was in the early days of covid but now i avoid most of the news about it and want to make the most of every day. Great to be back at the Amex.

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
Mask wearers are relentlessly hostile, aggressive and abusive on this thread.

Is there an air of resentment that we have been enjoying life that little bit more since freedom day, whereas the mask wearers have been peer pressured into wearing a filthy piece of fabric over their chops for little to no reason other than the false pretense of reducing the spread of a virus which really doesn't matter that much anymore?

They are as bad as the anti vaxxers. Both sides have an extreme element that hate discussion and like to call people names instead of looking at the issue sensibly

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well it is a deal if you post something that is misleading, especially if it is seemingly in support of Mustafa who has posted some crap over the last few days.

Still, it seems you are sort of apologising and confirming you don't agree with most of what Mustafa is saying particularly the bit where he claims it's safe to go to the Amex and that double vaccination is complete protection.

Don't put words in my mouth please. I have made my position perfectly clear over the last few posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here