Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things in the Sixties/Seventies.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Rare in 60’ & 70’s credit cards, common now.
Common in 70’s double digit mortgage rates.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The secretary Wrens and Weapon Analysis females often went out for days.

Never saw it myself, although im sure it happened. Its just something my mind cant get round despite it now being in place for quite a while. Got nothing against it at all. I just cant imagine it. Sounds strange I know.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
(From my experience in both junior and secondary) you never had more than one black kid in the entire school at any one time. I'm sure there must have been a policy to wait until he had worked his way through each of the years and completed his final year before they let another one in.

Also having a bath more than once a week was unheard of. You also never had a bath in the morning, always at night, usually Sunday. And showers were only for rinsing your hair (after washing it once a week). You never used a shower for any other part of your body. (Actually I did use ours to wash my arm pits bent over the bath more than once a week in between bath nights but that was just my OCD beginning to emerge and not something I would have freely admitted to).

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
We didn't have coronaviruses in the 60s and 70s, at least not in the street where I lived. We had to make do with polio... or thalidomide if we had been really lucky and born in the early 60s.

Also bicycles with more than three gears, that's if you had more than just the one in the first place.

Last edited:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not sure that women had orgasms in the 60s and 70s as far as I'm aware. I think that development first emerged in the early 80s and possibly even later up north.
Oh, I don't know about that. I can confirm from personal experience that the phenomenon had got at least as far as Liverpool by the 1960s, and was rife in Central Scotland by the 70s. But maybe I was just lucky to meet the ladies I did meet - I always knew they were wonderful anyway.

Edit: Thought just occurred to me - maybe it was they that were lucky to meet me........................

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I had a full attaché type case that must have held 40 plus cassettes, all the official pre- recorded type, no home recordings. I left the lot on an Edinburgh to London train. I was heartbroken.

I’ve one of those cases, plus an overspill. Found it on a train one day. Happy times.

Amended for you.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We didn't have coronaviruses in the 60s and 70s, at least not in the street where I lived. We had to make do with polio... or thalidomide if we had been really lucky and born in the early 60s.

We did have a form of coronavirus called Asian flu 67/68.
We also still had the isolation hospitals in Bevendean & Portslade for the TB patients.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I clearly remember going to Greece in the 70s and seeing Pitta Bread, Red and yellow peppers, Aubergines, and Olives for the first time, never mind the more exotic Feta Cheese, Taramasalata, Tzatziki and Octopus :eek:

We didn't have stuff like that in Mile Oak !

I remember first time to Greece and at the hotel buffet seeing strawberry blancmange a favourite of mine at the time so spooned a good amount into a desert bowl much to quizzical looks from the staff, returning to my table I was surprised at how fishy my strawberry blancmange was, but felt I had to eat it all under the watchful eyes all around

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here