Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things in the Sixties/Seventies.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Not running onto the pitch on 90 minutes. In my first Albion years in the late 70’s, kids including myself used to run onto the pitch to pat players on the back.

my first memory of visiting the Goldstone pitch was the infamous Bristol Rovers game

and remember thinking how slippery & churned up it was

how Bristol managed to score 8 goals on it,I'll never know! :lol:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Kids reading comics.

Whizzer and Chips
Buster (with The Leopard From Lime Street)
Look-In
Krazy
Cheeky
Action! (with Hook Jaw the shark)

Now the only people who buy comics are over-40 and the comics are American imports.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
my first memory of visiting the Goldstone pitch was the infamous Bristol Rovers game

and remember thinking how slippery & churned up it was

how Bristol managed to score 8 goals on it,I'll never know! :lol:

We did give them a lot of help, that day.:ffsparr::albion2:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This thread has turned a 180 degrees, from things you never saw in the 60/70s, to things from that era you never see now:D

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve still got my collection, and a hifi tape player. Haven’t listened to them in years.

I had a full attaché type case that must have held 40 plus cassettes, all the official pre- recorded type, no home recordings.
I left the lot on an Edinburgh to London train. I was heartbroken.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
I’ve still got my collection, and a hifi tape player. Haven’t listened to them in years.

how I wish I'd saved all my collections

football programmes,records,football sticker albums,concert stubs,football stubs

I did used to do a scrapbook with newspaper cuttings of anything to do with Brighton
what a read that would be now :wrong:

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Have to agree re comics, where are the heroes today, I give you Roy Race Dan Dare, Morgan, Bernard Briggs, Alfred T upper. The Wolf of Kabul, Braddock, Johnny Cougar and the legend that was Wilson, I could list more Paddy Payne etc.
Compare Beano annual 2020 with any from the 60. Newer ones total pony and waste of paper

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had a full attaché type case that must have held 40 plus cassettes, all the official pre- recorded type, no home recordings.
I left the lot on an Edinburgh to London train. I was heartbroken.

I’ve one of those cases, plus an overspill. Also all my 7” singles. Mainly home recordings from the radio or my own listings from vinyl.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Women serving on warships nowadays. I have no problem with it, why not but difficult for somebody who was on ships in the 70s to imagine

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to agree re comics, where are the heroes today, I give you Roy Race Dan Dare, Morgan, Bernard Briggs, Alfred T upper. The Wolf of Kabul, Braddock, Johnny Cougar and the legend that was Wilson, I could list more Paddy Payne etc.
Compare Beano annual 2020 with any from the 60. Newer ones total pony and waste of paper

In 1973 I subscribed for the next 52 weeks Beano’s, the total cost £1.

A different world.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
how I wish I'd saved all my collections

football programmes,records,football sticker albums,concert stubs,football stubs

I did used to do a scrapbook with newspaper cuttings of anything to do with Brighton
what a read that would be now :wrong:

I’ve got the programmes all the way back, but sadly I had match and gig ticket stubs pinched in storage at some stage. An entire tea chest was stolen.

I’ve still got the Albion 1976/77 promotion season ceramic tile.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
People walking down the street on their own talking - or even shouting. You didn't see that in the 70s unless the person was a bit loopy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here