Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These Ultras...

Jan 30, 2008
there is a fb group with 180 odd people and a forum with similair although not many regularly comment on the forum. It is a group in its losest term, it's just a useful way to communicate with like minded people to arrange things and raise money for banners. Ages range from 17 odd to 25+

we are all spread out in the north stand and some in other stands too.
why don't you open a charity shop :D

Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.
2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.
3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.
4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.
5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

Thanks Rich, I'm glad we have you. You got any advice about what to do for this rash on my crotch?

The St Pauli song (it isn't a Palace song) was worth a go, but there is no point in continuing with a song that divides opinion so much. It has never really worked as well as it should do, so forget it. Which is strange really as virtually every club in the country sing it now.

Nice to see we got bullied by Palace into stopping that one. I didn't like it either on the basis of the lyrics were just bizarre but it's no more Palace's song then it is Dame Vera Lynn's.

Still, if some nerdy Palace fans on the internet say so, it must be true.

Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.
2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.
3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.
4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.
5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

fuckin hell, at last!, more than one word about them, see what happens?, people agree with you, including me (esp point 2)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4831409 said:
Thanks Rich, I'm glad we have you. You got any advice about what to do for this rash on my crotch?

1: Invent a time machine
2: Go back to 'that' night in Hamburg, and avoid the one with the hairy armpits and wonky eye, she has a dose.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Twist what? What you said sounded ominous is all.

You one of these flag wavers then boyo?

It is not ominous at all no more than saying your inviting mates down the pub.

Yes although I stand in the middle back row and do my bit of noise so not standing with some of the group over the right.

I don't apprietiate being called boyo either, Look if you really want to get an understand about who and what we are your welcome to join us pre, during and post match in the north, You'll notice not one of us leaves with out voices intact, I personally don't like most of the 'Euro' songs but pick and choose those I do (As we all have the choice) and I start 'classic build a bonfire' and such songs 90 mins in every game.

That offer goes to anyone who genuinly is curious about what we do and want to put some faces to the names.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here