Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

These Ultras...

Feb 21, 2012
Schoolboy error, Sid. You need to keep a lower profile for a few more weeks before revealing stuff about yourself. Build up your post count on less controversial threads then you and your cronies can start having a pop at the youngsters again.

Ah right, because I have a similar opinion to another poster I am automatically them...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.
2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.
3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.
4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.
5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

All of this.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Southern_Sid is in jail mate.

Very hard for me to be him, hard to get phones in a C cat you know.

I keep his company, but am not him.

Gets out soon though, some party that will be.

Jail? Blimey seems a bit harsh for all that aggro he created at the Palace game?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.
2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.
3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.
4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.
5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

My God. I 100% agree with every point you make. How did that happen? Or more to the point, why have you started posting something constructive instead of sniping and blaming the NSK for everything that is wrong in the world?

The thing is, all they are is a bunch of lads trying to create an atmosphere, which is great, and should be encouraged. But I do think they go about it the wrong way. They aren't 'Ultras', we don't have Ultras in England. There were many different groups of lads in the North Stand at the Goldstone, but none of them felt the need to make banners and flags proclaiming themselves as 'ultras'. I'm all up for flags and banners, some of them look great, but I don't see the need in making ones to distance one group of people from everyone else. Because that is what they do.

The St Pauli song (it isn't a Palace song) was worth a go, but there is no point in continuing with a song that divides opinion so much. It has never really worked as well as it should do, so forget it. Which is strange really as virtually every club in the country sing it now.

By all means come up with new songs, definitely, but I really don't think we to nick these from European teams. There are plenty of pop songs or classics out there that you can use the tune from, use these and keep them simple, and if they are good they will catch on.

I'm sure the NSK mean well, but I don't think they realise that when they persist with singing, for example, their current ditty to the tune of 'Yankee Doodle' every game and NOBODY outside their group joins in, the rest of the ground is cringing at them. It's not working, so try something else. Away games are the place to do this, as there are more singers and people are drunker so have less inhibitions. If it works there, it will catch on at the Amex.

Re the 'Al-bi-yawn' song, I've come around to this recently. It is a bit dreary, and I'm glad we don't seem to sing it every 5 minutes like we used to, but it is probably the ONLY song at the Amex that virtually EVERYONE sings. And when it is sung when we've just scored or are looking like we are going to score, it is deafening. And you can clearly see that it lifts the players.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
A genuine question how many 'members' are there in the NSK? And are they all at the back of N1A or elsewhere around the ground?

There is a FB group with 180 odd people and a forum with similair although not many regularly comment on the forum. It is a group in its losest term, It's just a useful way to communicate with like minded people to arrange things and raise money for banners. Ages range from 17 odd to 25+

We are all spread out in the north stand and some in other stands too.

Jan 30, 2008
blimey , tables have been turned and it's a witch hunt on terry and denver .................. back on track these nsk planks ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here