These Ultras...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I'm not bashing the lad I'm just amused

Bollocks!

You're just trying to take the piss out a group of good lads who are trying their hardest to make an atmosphere at the ground.

No we didn't have anything like that at Withdean but it's hardly surprising is it?

We've now got a brilliant new ground and fair play to them for trying to get things going.

All you miserable old fuckers who just want to take the piss should back off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"Ethnically cleansed the working class from football"?

When you say "working class", do you mean balding blokes in their forties and fifties who still wish it was 1981 and prefer to spend the game lobbing coins at away fans and standing behind a line of police outside a pub, trying their hardest to convince themselves that the only thing stopping them from tearing across and giving the opposing fans a major shoeing is a few coppers? Or a different working class? Because I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people at the Amex who would consider themselves working class.

This has been said plenty of times now, but there are a few supporters out there who are an embarrassment to the Albion. The "ultras", a bunch of younger lads wanting to enjoy themselves and try to whip up an atmosphere are not one of them. It's a big enough stadium, and there's plenty of room for everyone. If you don't like their songs, how about you start a few yourselves, rather than having a dig?

:rolleyes: :whistle: (just chucked those in to save Das Reich the trouble when he appears)

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think we've got to understand what an ultra is, and it's not just about our stereotypical view of the ultras as too often portrayed in simplistic articles about Italian football hooligans. Ultras represent (or should) a fervent passion for their club. They live their club every minute. This transcends class.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
"Ethnically cleansed the working class from football"?

When you say "working class", do you mean balding blokes in their forties and fifties who still wish it was 1981 and prefer to spend the game lobbing coins at away fans and standing behind a line of police outside a pub, trying their hardest to convince themselves that the only thing stopping them from tearing across and giving the opposing fans a major shoeing is a few coppers? Or a different working class? Because I'm pretty sure there are plenty of people at the Amex who would consider themselves working class.

This has been said plenty of times now, but there are a few supporters out there who are an embarrassment to the Albion. The "ultras", a bunch of younger lads wanting to enjoy themselves and try to whip up an atmosphere are not one of them. It's a big enough stadium, and there's plenty of room for everyone. If you don't like their songs, how about you start a few yourselves, rather than having a dig?

:rolleyes: :whistle: (just chucked those in to save Das Reich the trouble when he appears)

top post. pretty much covers it

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Well said Hiney & Edna!

They're a bunch of lads who are passionate in their support for the Albion and sufficiently motivated to add noise & colour to the Amex.

There are far too many others who are quick to condemn but contribute nothing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Our Ultras are still newbies but already close to being bigger and better than the Nigels attempt.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think we've got to understand what an ultra is, and it's not just about our stereotypical view of the ultras as too often portrayed in simplistic articles about Italian football hooligans. Ultras represent (or should) a fervent passion for their club. They live their club every minute. This transcends class.

Is how I see it, Along with Hiney and Edna's wise words.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.
2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.
3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.
4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.
5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

Feb 21, 2012
Bollocks!

You're just trying to take the piss out a group of good lads who are trying their hardest to make an atmosphere at the ground.

No we didn't have anything like that at Withdean but it's hardly surprising is it?

We've now got a brilliant new ground and fair play to them for trying to get things going.

Honest mate I bare no malice to these chaps, if anything I would defend them! As any adult who can put their hand on their heart and say 'I'm a Brighton Ultra!' has got to be a few cards short of a deck, and we all know it's wrong to mock the afflicted.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Richard Reynold's Haircut;4829651 Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games said:
Agree with this point, not just the nsk but to fans in general. To many songs are suggested but never get attempted. The best song suggestion in recent times has been the Bennett/Buckley song and that is now one of the favourites with the crowd. There's nothing wrong with suggesting songs as long as you attempt get them Going.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Was meant to quote rrh point 2

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Some advice for the Ultras.

1) Scrap the name and anything that it appears on. That means binning any flags that mention ULTRAS or the NSK. You don't need a brand name to create atmosphere at The Amex, the acoustics and noise so far tells you that. The 'NSK' and 'Ultras' tags do you no favours. Keep the good banners like the Knight and Gritt ones, they are class.

Ultras as I've said before isn't my fravourite term as many people seem to be unable to see beyond what they've been told down the pub, I think that says more about them than the Ultras.

2) Stop suggesting new songs on here and elsewhere on the internet. Try them at games, home and away. If it's a good song, it'll catch on, the same way football songs have for the last god knows how many years. If it's a shit song like 90% of the stuff on here, it won't. If it doesn't catch on after a few attempts, sack it off. Don't keep attempting to force it on people. Listen to the majority outside your little group.

Suggesting new songs on here isn't just the NSK it is all Brighton fans and very few are from us, We do listen to many many people outside the group and are forever asking others for input, Often little is given though.

3) Bin the "Palace" song. You may like it, but it's not healthy for your cause to have a song that provokes such a debate and gets people booing and trying to shout you down with anti Palace stuff.

Many many many times I have been to games and this song has been started by those not in the NSK, Yes it seems contravertial but for every person who dislikes it there is someone who likes it, It's not a Palace song (But thats been done to death on here so lets just agree to disagree on that)

4) If you must have an 'identity', just call yourself the North Stand or North Standers. But at the same time, show a bit of respect for the people in other stands who are clearly trying to sing as well. Just look at the amount of people you see clap in the west upper when Great Escape comes on. It's not just your 6 little rows who want to create noise.

I'm a little confused by this comment how exactly are we not showing respect to the other stands? And it isn't just six little rows members of the NSK are spread throughout the north stand.

5) Stop putting down "Albi-yawn". accept that that's the benchmark. It's not a crap song - that's evidenced by the fact that the whole song sings it. Try to come up with other chants - short and sweet, that can have a similar affect, and create a bit more variety at The Amex. Limit the complicate, foreign/youtube cloned stuff and keep it simple.

I've not seen or heard ONE single person I know who has any tiny link with the NSK to be putting down the Albion song and if they have it is no more or less than other Albion fans, As far as I'm aware we all enjoy songs that get as much noise as possible from the fans.

As I've explained before all we are about is creating abit more noise and colour, We are no better or worse than any other Brighton fans and only have the clubs best at heart, We have a 'group' as such as it is a usefull tool to the end of organising things such as flags/banners/songs/away days etc etc

I'm sure had the internet been around and as available as it is now in the 70's and 80's those 20 somethings loving life in the north stand then would have grouped together to communicate. Hell what are we on now?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Furthermore and at risk of being told we think we are better than others (We don't) but I've read on here others saying when it's been less noisy at the Amex that those NSK are the ones who keep going no stop. Several times now I've read that or words to that effect and that is in a nutshell what we are about.

Jan 30, 2008
Bollocks!

but he's right , BEEN SHOWN TO BE LACKING WHEN THE LIKES OF PALACE AND WALL HAVE TURNED UP, i've heard better noise come out of my arse :timmy:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I've explained before all we are about is creating abit more noise and colour, We are no better or worse than any other Brighton fans and only have the clubs best at heart, We have a 'group' as such as it is a usefull tool to the end of organising things such as flags/banners/songs/away days etc etc

Good on you.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
The 'newbies' accusation makes me chuckle. Many of the singers, flag-makers and flag wavers in the NSK are in their 30s (or older) and are most definitely NOT newbies. People who claim not to have seen them either at Withdean or at away games in the past clearly weren't at either themselves.

Have got to say that internet bullying has been the only downer to this fantastic season. Thank god most people can rise above it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here