Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
What soil is it at Withdean. Is it that cloying clay stuff (not chalk) and this is like a sponge.

My front garden is a good guide. If it is underwater (often) the rain has been hard. It is just a mud bath in my garden (not squelchy), therefore the game should be on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is a pitch inspection planned ?

Driving back early tomorrow from Pershore.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
perseus said:
What soil is it at Withdean. Is it that cloying clay stuff (not chalk) and this is like a sponge.

My front garden is a good guide. If it is underwater (often) the rain has been hard. It is just a mud bath in my garden (not squelchy), therefore the game should be on.

You know, I think thats how the ref decides aswell.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Hark said:
Although it's rained all day in BN1, that's about the first serious rain we've had this year. It's stopped now, and it's also extremely mild. Temperature for tomorrow is about 9 degrees, so the water on top won't freeze, and with a bit of poking about with a fork the rest of it should soak up into ground that has been bone dry for months. No problemo :smokin:

Quite a strong wind drying up surface water even now.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
There will be hell to pay if the game is off, as nobody made any attempt to clear the water yesterday. It wont get light until 8am so they have only 5 hours to sort it today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
SCR say it's on. :wave:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
yippee:lolol:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
yay

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
hans kraay fan club said:
Afternoon people.

Sorry to tell you this, but I am looking out of my Dad's study window at the pitch, and 75% of it is currently underwater.

There is a lake stretching from one goal to the other, 40 yards wide. There is all but no chance of tomorrow's game going ahead.

Hans, what's the news on the state of the pitch/lake this morning ?

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Hope it's nothing like that dreadful game against Southend (I think) a few years ago on New Years Day, where the pitch was half under water, but Adams was desperate to play. We played crap and lost 2-0.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone know the latest? Do not want to get there to be told it is off.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Jim in the West said:
Hope it's nothing like that dreadful game against Southend (I think) a few years ago on New Years Day, where the pitch was half under water, but Adams was desperate to play. We played crap and lost 2-0.

That was the game where Nathan Jones went down a hole in the pitch up to his knee. One of the funniest things I have seen during a game. He could so easily have broken his leg. Pleased to say he was not injured.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Like i said yesterday that last thing you want is for it to be on and end up a mud bath, this would cancell out carole, knight and fruity as a real threat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ernest as I look out of the window now I can see a tall figure with a clipboard in his hand he appears to be siting the puddles probably prior to selecting the team. Both teams have agreed to wear wellington boots instead of football boots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here