The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

The Large One said:
Does this make your Dad a neighbour of all those SWEAT bastards? Especially that nutjob Tom Catt?

Do him. GO ON, DO THE SLAG.

John Catt is actually my parent's neighbour. They are not what you would call friends! You can see our house perectly clearly from the ground. Ours is the one with the seagulls flag on the roof. Winds the NIMBYs up a treat.

If you look closely [tomorrow if I am wrong and the match is on] then you will se me and my Dad watching from the garden. Not my Mum though - she's a season ticket holder in the South stand.

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Re: Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

hans kraay fan club said:
John Catt is actually my parent's neighbour. They are not what you would call friends! You can see our house perectly clearly from the ground. Ours is the one with the seagulls flag on the roof. Winds the NIMBYs up a treat.

If you look closely [tomorrow if I am wrong and the match is on] then you will se me and my Dad watching from the garden. Not my Mum though - she's a season ticket holder in the South stand.

Doesn't the West Stand TOWER over your dad's garden like Catt's then?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Dick Knight is checking the playability on the pitch

02finalpicnic021.jpg

:lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

Ccider said:
Doesn't the West Stand TOWER over your dad's garden like Catt's then?

No. It was actually quite a result, as you can barely see the top of it, yet when it went up, they had to take down the hammer cage, which used to spoil our view a bit!

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Been looking forward to this game. Would be good to get 3 points tomorrow and not go in to the new year in the bottom 3.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Wardywonderland said:
Been looking forward to this game. Would be good to get 3 points tomorrow and not go in to the new year in the bottom 3.

We can't unless Crewe win by 7.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just looking at the forcast for rest of today and tomorow and it is not that bad.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hope it is ok - could be a southend all over again

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Could be worse we could be playing away at a team in the midlands only to get there and find out the game is off.

I recall having to have 3 trips to Halifax a few years back. Even then if it was not for the fact that it was the Thursday before the end of the season the game would not have been played.

Dr Feelgood

Banned
Feb 15, 2004
worthing
It may well be under some water but if it stays dry overnight and the groundstaff get to work in the morning it should be playable,and as posted before the weather looks ok between now and 15.00 tomorrow so game on .
And this to the groundstaff :clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If the pitch is shit do we really want it played?

If brighton plan a fast tempo to the game the pitch wont help if it cuts up.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Wardywonderland said:
I recall having to have 3 trips to Halifax a few years back. Even then if it was not for the fact that it was the Thursday before the end of the season the game would not have been played.

was that the one where, before the first postponement, they had played rugby on it on the friday night, as sky said they ahd to

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here