Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lawro's Lip said:
Anyone with a further report on the state of the pitch or their garden. I have to leave in 25 minutes.:eek:

Garden is OK. Not even squelchy. Will cut up easy but no problems I would say.

TheWolf

Apr 8, 2005
Wolverhampton
hans kraay fan club said:
Afternoon people.

Sorry to tell you this, but I am looking out of my Dad's study window at the pitch, and 75% of it is currently underwater.

There is a lake stretching from one goal to the other, 40 yards wide. There is all but no chance of tomorrow's game going ahead.

:tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser: :tosser:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

Tom Hark said:
What he said. Why do presumably sane people post shit like this?

Because, Mr.Hark, when reasonably sane people see this at 16.30 the night before a game, they think people might be interested.

Sorry that I am no expert on drainage, as it turns out, but looking at this you will at least understand the concern.

Wish I had been right now, mind!

Attachments

• picture 024 (2).jpg
    picture 024 (2).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 137

Ccider

Jul 28, 2004
50:51:35N 0:08:58W
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

Because, Mr.Hark, when reasonably sane people see this at 16.30 the night before a game, they think people might be interested.

Sorry that I am no expert on drainage, as it turns out, but looking at this you will at least understand the concern.

Good for you HKFC! Perhaps you shoudl have attached the image originally?

BTW you could build an executive box in your old man's back garden.

:clap:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

I think you might be due an apology! That does not look like a pitch that football would be played on in less than 24 hours.

Well I say 'football'....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Well, apology accepted. You are clearly no expert on either drainage or indeed timely posting of images either...

And a half-apology from me for accusing you of scare-mongering.

Plus a hale and hearty thank you for inadvertently alerting me to the fact, via somebody else's posting on your thread. that it was a 1pm kick-off, not the 3pm I thought it was.

There we are, all happy. :kiss:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

Ccider said:
Good for you HKFC! Perhaps you shoudl have attached the image originally?

BTW you could build an executive box in your old man's back garden.

:clap:

Didn't have the technology [the cable that joins my camera to the PC] to attach it. Sorry. Would have done if I could.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here