Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Withdean Pitch is Underwater

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dr Feelgood said:
It may well be under some water but if it stays dry overnight and the groundstaff get to work in the morning it should be playable,and as posted before the weather looks ok between now and 15.00 tomorrow so game on .
And this to the groundstaff :clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

it's a 13.00 ko

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
fake slim said:
it's a 13.00 ko

Think he meant that the weather will be okay until the end of the game so no chance of it being called off during the game.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Dr Feelgood said:
Cheers for that, I would have blissfully turned up for 3pm ko had you not informed me.:shootself

alright alright mr sarchy :lolol:

my dad thought it was 3 until i told him

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Scotty M said:
was that the one where, before the first postponement, they had played rugby on it on the friday night, as sky said they ahd to

I can't remember whether that was the 1st postponement or the 2nd, but it was one of them. The game was called off about 45 minutes before kick off, with the 3 Pigeons packed full of Albion Fans. Nothing to do but shrug your shoulders and get another pint in!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
hans kraay fan club said:
I hope you re right, but I got here at 1pm and nobody has set foot on the pitch in that time.

Honestly mate, get a life. I appreciate the info but you've come home for NYE with your family, don't spend all day on a computer on Withdean-Watch.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Screaming J said:
I can't remember whether that was the 1st postponement or the 2nd, but it was one of them. The game was called off about 45 minutes before kick off, with the 3 Pigeons packed full of Albion Fans. Nothing to do but shrug your shoulders and get another pint in!

Think the 1st was because of rain and the second because of the rugby.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
KinkyHitler said:
If the pitch is shit do we really want it played?

If brighton plan a fast tempo to the game the pitch wont help if it cuts up.

but if its postponed, it will be replayed after the January transfer window, when Millwall will of bought Robbie Fowler knowing our luck

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
n1 gull said:
but if its postponed, it will be replayed after the January transfer window, when Millwall will of bought Robbie Fowler knowing our luck

I agree if we can play we want to.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Although it's rained all day in BN1, that's about the first serious rain we've had this year. It's stopped now, and it's also extremely mild. Temperature for tomorrow is about 9 degrees, so the water on top won't freeze, and with a bit of poking about with a fork the rest of it should soak up into ground that has been bone dry for months. No problemo :smokin:

Tom Hark said:
Although it's rained all day in BN1, that's about the first serious rain we've had this year. It's stopped now, and it's also extremely mild. Temperature for tomorrow is about 9 degrees, so the water on top won't freeze, and with a bit of poking about with a fork the rest of it should soak up into ground that has been bone dry for months. No problemo :smokin:

The drainage at Withdean is excellent these days, I'd be very surprised if there's a problem.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
London Irish said:
The drainage at Withdean is excellent these days, I'd be very surprised if there's a problem.

Didn't we spend thousands on the drainage last year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here