Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
that was good but after watching that LE PEN v HOLLANDE came up, do watch it yourself if you get chance.......LE PEN V HOLLANDE AT THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT ENGLISH SUBTITLES...YOUTUBE sorry but for some reason my computer wont do links.
LE PEN speaks a great deal of sense and note the look on MERKEL'S sour face. classic.:lolol:

Yawn. You are so fvcking BORING.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Here we are again, the EU need us more than we need them. Utter rubbish, we aren't as big or important as some of us think we are. Who holds all the cards? In the case of a Brexit, free trade torn up, re negotiation starts, who can hold out longest for a better deal? Who's pockets are deeper, who's economy will suffer fastest? I don't think the Germans are gonna breakdown crying that the Brits have gone and offer them free trade to come back with no strings. To think that is to utterly delude yourself.
We are a market of 60 odd million people... they need us to buy their goods.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

It is tragic that Boris Johnson and the whole Out campaign's land of milk honey ideal is a UK of perpetual trade deal negotiations and barbed wire over the borders because we are all right Jack. Is that actually a society people aspire to live in? One where Boris Johnson returns to the EU, an EU that he has just led the campaign to separate from, and try and cede a favourable trade deal from? I think it might be all his financier pals who would be heading for their very own Brexit.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Here we are again, the EU need us more than we need them. Utter rubbish, we aren't as big or important as some of us think we are. Who holds all the cards? In the case of a Brexit, free trade torn up, re negotiation starts, who can hold out longest for a better deal? Who's pockets are deeper, who's economy will suffer fastest? I don't think the Germans are gonna breakdown crying that the Brits have gone and offer them free trade to come back with no strings. To think that is to utterly delude yourself.

if you can only discredit our country and have no faith in it why not just f*ck off, be easier surely not.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
It is tragic that Boris Johnson and the whole Out campaign's land of milk honey ideal is a UK of perpetual trade deal negotiations and barbed wire over the borders because we are all right Jack. Is that actually a society people aspire to live in? One where Boris Johnson returns to the EU, an EU that he has just led the campaign to separate from, and try and cede a favourable trade deal from? I think it might be all his financier pals who would be heading for their very own Brexit.

f*ck me and you said i was boring. :eek:

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Where has he discredited our country? Is the UK economy bigger than that of the EU bloc we would have to renogotiate terms with?

no it isn't as big, but sometimes freedom's come before big.... a freedom to trade with the rest of the world without interference from the EU. a freedom to become democratic again.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
no it isn't as big, but sometimes freedom's come before big.... a freedom to trade with the rest of the world without interference from the EU. a freedom to become democratic again.

Jesus. By saying freedom to trade with the rest of the world are you intentionally overlooking the fact we would obviously have to renegotiate a trade agreement with our current biggest trade partner, partner that we have just had a very public divorce from, or do you honestly believe we will stick a good old fashioned Agincourt two fingers up to them and march off to countries like China who would recognise us for the mighty nation we once were and give us a nice favourable trade deal?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Jesus. By saying freedom to trade with the rest of the world are you intentionally overlooking the fact we would obviously have to renegotiate a trade agreement with our current biggest trade partner, partner that we have just had a very public divorce from, or do you honestly believe we will stick a good old fashioned Agincourt two fingers up to them and march off to countries like China who would recognise us for the mighty nation we once were and give us a nice favourable trade deal?
answer is yes yes yes and also the former commonwealth countries who we so shamefully let down.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

And thank GOD we would finally return to rule by solely that notoriously democratic first past the post system. Those chumps in Brussels elected by proportional representation don't know a thing about democracy.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

wish i could stay around to laugh at you more but my bed awaits, until the next time:drink:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
answer is yes yes yes and also the former commonwealth countries who we so shamefully let down.

Fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree. If you think that we could go to places like China and India and negotiate on equal terms and get an even deal not having the ballast of the EU behind then so be it. I don't think we would and you won't be able to change my mind.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And it is in the EU's overriding interest to give us as rotten an exit deal as possible to disuade other countries from doing a similar exit.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Whats wrong with strengthening your borders?its happening in multiple countries within Europe and whats wrong if you are going to enter into trade agreements with doing a favourable deal?
Not sure how or why you have decided its going to be Boris Johnson negotiating matters for the UK should there be a Brexit…..perhaps you know something.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Fair enough. We will just have to agree to disagree. If you think that we could go to places like China and India and negotiate on equal terms and get an even deal not having the ballast of the EU behind then so be it. I don't think we would and you won't be able to change my mind.

what you done here is highlighted very well ,by your own admission, one major difference between some in the IN campaign and the OUT campaign.

You simply have no trust or belief in your own nation to manage its own affairs, its not your fault really,this idea has been promoted for years, people have been running the nation down for ages saying how awful it is, and even was, saying everything we have and stand for is built on a rotten past and we are now so weak we have to be in a club to achieve anything. Its almost an ideology for some self loathers to hate Britain. It is a very very negative way of thinking.

The OUT side conversely have every trust and faith we are fully capable in managing our own affairs without a EU babysitter. They even believe we are capable of flourishing. You may say this is wrong or even ridiculously over confident but the fact remains it is an overwhelmingly much more positive mind set in comparison.

I can only believe this positive message is a good thing to be drumming into businesses, workers and the rest of the citizens as opposed to the negative message we are unable to function on the global map without outside help.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It's a strange mindset that views regaining an independent ability to negotiate our own trade deals rather than rely on an organisation that has to accommodate 28 Nations separate trade demands many with conflicting interests as a bad thing. I can't wait for this country to begin negotiations with numerous important trade partners which is impossible as long as we remain in the EU.

If you want to see miles of new barb wire, walls , fencing, reinstated borders, rise in far right/left political parties and plans (possibly illegal) for mass deportation of migrants then just pop over to main land Europe. Is this actually something our society wants to cling to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here