Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the swan inn , falmer

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I think it's scandalous that he wants to concrete over the pond just to build a car park

:p

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Everyone that goes to a pub is a drunken yob, I don't want them anywhere near our nice new stadium site. Why can't they drink in Brighton?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We should put flyers round the vilage, showing exactly how the proposed car park will look if they were to build it at Ditchling Beacon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am astounded that they could even consider building such an eyesore within the tranquil, historic, beautiful, unspoilt downland village of Falmer.

Do they not know that Anne of Cleeves went there once!!?

That'll show em!!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why does he need a new car park anyway? - its a third rate pub attracting attendances of 6 or 7 people. the existing car park is more than adequate.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Adding a new carpark will set a dangerous precedent which will lead to the concreting over of the downs. It's obvious Sainsburys are going to build a new superstore next to it if this planning application goes through.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I happen to know that he once thought about providing overnight accomodation too. This so-called application doesn't mention the HOTEL does it?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Don't get me wrong, I think the man is a complete arsehole of the highest order, and have been subjected to his attempts to make me sign his petition. But if he WAS to try and cash in on the stadium (which I feel he is way too petty a man to do), would we really want him not to? Theres not exactly an abundance of pubs near the ground (that being the only one), and the SU bars WON'T open to football fans, and its not ideal drinking in Lewes/Brighton right up until the game...

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I happen to know that he once thought about providing overnight accomodation too. This so-called application doesn't mention the HOTEL does it?

It hasn't been mentioned - but it must do...thats it, I'm going down there to start a picket!

What do we want?
No more car parks and entrances
When don't we want them?
NOW

all together now...

:lol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't get me wrong, I think the man is a complete arsehole of the highest order, and have been subjected to his attempts to make me sign his petition. But if he WAS to try and cash in on the stadium (which I feel he is way too petty a man to do), would we really want him not to? Theres not exactly an abundance of pubs near the ground (that being the only one), and the SU bars WON'T open to football fans, and its not ideal drinking in Lewes/Brighton right up until the game...

Drinks in town. Train to Falmer. [optional piss in pond] Smart card into the ground. Drinks at concourse bars. Match. Drinks at bar. Train home. :thumbsup:

I think the football club might have a few drinking places within the stadium.....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the football club might have a few drinking places within the stadium.....

Yeah but lets be honest, thats always shite isn't it? Not bad for a top-up if your 20 mins early but thats it really. I dunno maybe I'm the only one, just think its nice to have a pub within walking distance of the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here