Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Supporters' bar aka Dick's Bar

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Has been named "Dick's Bar" by all accounts :facepalm:

Must admit, I thought this was an NSC joke when I first read it, but no - Dick's Bar it is.

But what would you have called it? It's a shame supporters weren't consulted.

I would have called it "The Old Shoreham Road."

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Has been named "Dick's Bar" by all accounts :facepalm:

Must admit, I thought this was an NSC joke when I first read it, but no - Dick's Bar it is.

But what would you have called it? It's a shame supporters weren't consulted.

I would have called it "The Old Shoreham Road."

"The Old Shoreham Road" is an excellent name. "Dicks bar" sounds well dodgy to me.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dicks bar is a bit embarrassing. Just hope it doesn't have any signage. Away fans will have a field day over that if we do

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can anyone provide some CLEAR satnavesque directions on how to find the mystery bar assuming, say, that a person is approaching the club shop from the train station? WHAT EXACTLY is it you do to locate the entrance to the damn thing? ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There has been a picture of it on NSC recently and Dicks it is

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I asked a steward where it was today when I wondered on to the North stand concourse, answer was 'over there somewhere I think, but it isn't open today'... so still clear as mud!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Ahem...

attachment.php

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Can anyone provide some CLEAR satnavesque directions on how to find the mystery bar assuming, say, that a person is approaching the club shop from the train station? WHAT EXACTLY is it you do to locate the entrance to the damn thing? ???

Not entirely, but you can see it from inside the superstore - "Dick Bar" is above the left side of the shop as you enter. No idea where the entrance is though. ???

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
ps Perhaps the club should have signs up on the walls to help folk navigate their way there? 'Dick's In' sould do the trick, I'd have thought - although an exit sign following the same theme would be one nob-gag too far imo. But then I should know all about that, eh Dougal? :wave:

It's the door next to the Shop (to the right of the shop).

Knock three times and ask for .... Nah. Just walk in.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Could have been worse, they could have called it Dicks' bar !

at least they made the apostrophe before the s.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
'Been privy (on the QT, like) to any info on the actual location of the entrance, Your Lordship? My days of abseiling into boozers - c/w hammers & thunderflashes - are long since gone, unfortunately. :(

Edit: Just seen your reply to The Hark-ster. So I take it that you go through the door with 'Reception' on it/above it?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here