Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Supporters' bar aka Dick's Bar

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
What is the capacity for this bar? I seem to recal 400 being mentioned but i may of made that up. Also, what time does it open on matchdays?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can't believe so many people are either childish or insecure enough to be concerned that the bar is called Dick's :facepalm:

If you're that worried you might be teased about being gay as a result, you'd best give it a wide berth, frankly. Leave more space for the rest of us who couldn't give a damn.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
It's not about insecurities or being childish - 'Dick's Bar' is a horrific name for our supporters bar.

The Goldstone / Storers / Old Shoreham Road, etc sound 100 times better.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i think the bigger problem is that the sign could easily be confused for saying "pricks bar"

it's no shearers is it

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have no problem with Dick at all. I just hope that a) we will actually get in there one day if arriving after 11.30am, and b) its not going to be the equivalent of a low cost hotel bar which the signage would suggest.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The legendary 'Dick's T Bar' is the most famous bar name in the ski world, this cannot have passed everyone by...

kikapu

Apr 26, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can anyone provide some CLEAR satnavesque directions on how to find the mystery bar assuming, say, that a person is approaching the club shop from the train station? WHAT EXACTLY is it you do to locate the entrance to the damn thing? ???

It's the door next to the Shop (to the right of the shop).

Knock three times and ask for .... Nah. Just walk in.

According to one of the officals on Wednesday it's the grey door.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310678352.977774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1310678352.977774.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 276

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's not about insecurities or being childish - 'Dick's Bar' is a horrific name for our supporters bar.

The Goldstone / Storers / Old Shoreham Road, etc sound 100 times better.

In your opinion. "The Goldstone" is a bit obvious, Storers would make it sound like some cheesy 1980s small town nightclub. Old Shoreham Road just doesn't work as a bar name, too wordy. IMHO of course.

I like Dick's and I'm not ashamed to admit it...

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Can't believe so many people are either childish or insecure enough to be concerned that the bar is called Dick's :facepalm:

If you're that worried you might be teased about being gay as a result, you'd best give it a wide berth, frankly. Leave more space for the rest of us who couldn't give a damn.

Absolutely spot-on assessment edna. Some folk seriously need to get a grip.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
According to one of the officals on Wednesday it's the grey door.

OK, now we may be getting somewhere! However, do you mean the double doors in the middle with no door handles? Or the glass one on the left? Or the one with the stewards loitering outside? Gotta say, this is truly bizarre! How on earth can you lose a bar? Still, I'm fully expecting it to be the double doors with no door handles.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In your opinion. "The Goldstone" is a bit obvious, Storers would make it sound like some cheesy 1980s small town nightclub. Old Shoreham Road just doesn't work as a bar name, too wordy. IMHO of course.

I like Dick's and I'm not ashamed to admit it...
Yeah, but you're a woman! You're allowed to say that! Anyway I know the barman at Dick's, he said he'd slip me a couple of stiff ones ...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yeah, but you're a woman! You're allowed to say that! Anyway I know the barman at Dick's, he said he'd slip me a couple of stiff ones ...

I'd much prefer something warm and wet.

kikapu

Apr 26, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can anyone provide some CLEAR satnavesque directions on how to find the mystery bar assuming, say, that a person is approaching the club shop from the train station? WHAT EXACTLY is it you do to locate the entrance to the damn thing? ???

OK, now we may be getting somewhere! However, do you mean the double doors in the middle with no door handles? Or the glass one on the left? Or the one with the stewards loitering outside? Gotta say, this is truly bizarre! How on earth can you lose a bar? Still, I'm fully expecting it to be the double doors with no door handles.

Apparently it's the grey double door with no handles and the sign still needs to be put up, but of course this may be a load of rubbish as it seems none of the officals seem to know where it is. :facepalm:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Anyone who arrives, expecting an equivalent to Hooters, will they be disappointed with the package?

Who knows? They could be running a massage parlour up there & we'd all be none the wiser. Mmmmmmmmmm Dick's Massage Bar. I could see it doing a roaring trade tbh (assuming punters could tunnel their way in)...

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
What is the capacity for this bar? I seem to recal 400 being mentioned but i may of made that up. Also, what time does it open on matchdays?

Having had a sneak preview of the bar i'd be surprised if you'll get 400 in there.
A capacity of 200 was mentioned to me but whatever it is I feel the queue to get in will be a long one ?

Attachments

• S5001054.JPG
    S5001054.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 229

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I like it. I hope they leave the doors as they are with no signage. Perhaps leave some rubbish bins next to it and you have to knock 3 times to get in. Don't want everyone knowing it's there or we'll never get in.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Who knows? They could be running a massage parlour up there & we'd all be none the wiser. Mmmmmmmmmm Dick's Massage Bar. I could see it doing a roaring trade tbh (assuming punters could tunnel their way in)...

Can just see it now:

Masseuse: 'Me love you longtime!'

Punter: 'Dont start with that 'longtime' shit. I've just queued longtime for a pie and I'll be queueing longtime for the train. Can't I just have a quickie?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here