Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Supporters' bar aka Dick's Bar

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ps Perhaps the club should have signs up on the walls to help folk navigate their way there? 'Dick's In' sould do the trick, I'd have thought - although an exit sign following the same theme would be one nob-gag too far imo. But then I should know all about that, eh Dougal? :wave:

whatever floats your boat mate

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The Goldstone would have been my choice of name

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is a f***ing daft name but on the plus side no one can get to it anyway!!!

Would be good to see Knights bar instead or a completely different name.

'Been privy (on the QT, like) to any info on the actual location of the entrance, Your Lordship? My days of abseiling into boozers - c/w hammers & thunderflashes - are long since gone, unfortunately. :(

Edit: Just seen your reply to The Hark-ster. So I take it that you go through the door with 'Reception' on it/above it?
I think it's the grey door, rather than the 'Reception' door.

I have been in it - but I seem to remember using a ladder to climb up. This was last September and, to be honest, it still needed a few finishing touches, such as walls.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Talking to Attila after the game and he said Dick Knight had no idea that the name would be, er, 'misconstrued'. Some of the stewards hadn't heard of it (I guess) as I got a few funny looks when I was asking for "Dick's Bar" (I deliberately stressed the 'bar' bit) and they probably thought I was on a wind-up. Eventually I asked in the reception and they HAD heard of it - but said it was shut. Probably just as well as judging by the queues for everything else it would have been packed.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I couldn't find it either but it appears to be above the shop. Was hoping to get a preview but it was closed. I would say unless you arrive very very early, you might not get in/get served judging by the queues for the shop yesterday with a one-third full stadium.

People don't seem to have made the connection.

[yt]7vThuwa5RZU[/yt]

A pair of Stewards told me it could only be accessed by first entering the ground -WTF!! I know it only holds a relatively small number of people but the club needs to make sure their staff know where to direct people. And on the subject will away supporters be allowed in - I HOPE NOT

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Probably a blessing that the club didn't provide a bar for us female supporters really, although perhaps they have & nobody can remember where they stuck it. So to speak...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Ahem...

attachment.php

Is it just me that thought that said "Prick's Bar" on first glance?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I like the name. It gives it an informal and relaxed feel. There is a Dicks T Bar in Val d'Isere with a legendary reputation and a great atmosphere - let's hope this Dick's Bar can emulate it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here