Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Supporters' bar aka Dick's Bar

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I thinks it's an excellent name and they should go the whole hog with branding.

Adding the prefix 'dick' to the following

Juice
Cheese an onion crisps
Cleaner (staff t shirt)
Sandwich
Tender
Fudge

I for one would become an addict.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He did think about calling it Harry's Bar (which is just as appropriate) - to match the famous one in Venice.

Anyway, what's the problem with 'Dick's Bar'? Do some people have that many insecurities to care about what other fans might refer to it as?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I couldn't find it either but it appears to be above the shop. Was hoping to get a preview but it was closed. I would say unless you arrive very very early, you might not get in/get served judging by the queues for the shop yesterday with a one-third full stadium.

Dick's Bar WAS open yesterday - the lack of signage ensured that it remained empty throughout the afternoon.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Dick's Bar WAS open yesterday - the lack of signage ensured that it remained empty throughout the afternoon.

It probably remained empty because the stewards were telling people that it was closed.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
None of the stewards had a clue what was going on yesterday. I asked three separate groups if the supporter's bar was open, the first said: "never heard of it, mate, but I'd imagine it opens at one with everything else". The second replied: "I don't think it's open today, but to be honest I'm not sure".

The third said it was open, and then said: "You can only access it once you enter the turnstiles". Now I know this to be rubbish, and I had a seat in the South Stand yesterday, so I humoured him and asked him I could access it from there. He said: "Yes, once you're on the concourse you can walk all the way round".

I hope they are properly trained in the layout and planning of the stadium by the Donny game.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
The door is just to the right of the club shop. It wasn't open yesterday, or if the door was it was because they are still working on the decor in there rather than seeking custom, but will be for the Spurs friendly. Like Tim said, Dick had absolutely no idea that anyone might make a knob gag out of it! He considered calling it Harry's Bar (his first name) or The Knight Club but that was his choice :)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is it the door that says 'Reception' in glass on it, I wondered around looking for it but as I could not get into the club shop assumned the entrace was in there.

I think its a fabulous name, lets hope they brew a Dicks tipple especially.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Spoke to a club official yesterday who said it wouldn't be open until the Doncaster game. He said there were no signs yet because there are 3 possible ways to get to it (1 via the reception door, 2 via the club shop) and they hadn't decided which one they were going to use yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here