Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The St Pauli / Palace Chant Yesteray

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why dont you just stick with sussex by the sea ! at least its your song .

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Go ahead.. show your imagination and give us a song that no other team has sung.
And here's the wonderful irony. There is one song no other club's fans have ever sung, nor wanted to sing. And that's the one our own fans can't even be bothered to sing properly. How embarrassing is that?

If only we could sing Sussex by the Sea slowly... and start low enough to stay in the same key throughout the song…

Even without the proper words, sung loudly and passionately by thousands of us, it would sound just utterly fantastic. What's holding us all back?

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
And here's the wonderful irony. There is one song no other club's fans have ever sung, nor wanted to sing. And that's the one our own fans can't even be bothered to sing properly. How embarrassing is that?

If only we could sing Sussex by the Sea slowly... and start low enough to stay in the same key throughout the song…

Even without the proper words, sung loudly and passionately by thousands of us, it would sound just utterly fantastic. What's holding us all back?

This has been tried with the full lyrics quite a few times before in the concourses and during the games, very few people ever seem to join in.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

people clapping, FAST

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I've always hated it and have never joined in but after viewing Killer Millers thread and the video I have to confess it sounded rather good.

I suppose its due to everyone singing it which makes it sound rather good.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
people clapping, FAST

Nail on head, Noticed a couple of times on Saturday when it was started correctly others joined in clapping and it soon speeds up. People just can't control their clapping it's a sad state of affairs.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Time to put this song/thing/shit/whatever to bed after Tuesday night...

A large number of Palace fans sing the song and despite looking like right muppets it sounded not too bad...

A tiny number of Brighton fans then try and sing it straight after and it dies on it's arse in a laughable style, give it up, IT'S CRAP, IT DOES NOT WORK.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Time to put this song/thing/shit/whatever to bed after Tuesday night...

A large number of Palace fans sing the song and despite looking like right muppets it sounded not too bad...

A tiny number of Brighton fans then try and sing it straight after and it dies on it's arse in a laughable style, give it up, IT'S CRAP, IT DOES NOT WORK.

ohsht-1.gif
Oh god here we go again
duh.gif

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why don`t you just stick with BBS? At least it`s your forum.
Is this a open forum for football fans ? Us being your rivals ? will want to put our views on any anti or pro ? palace topics . So i suggest if you dont like it dont view palace threads . I dont insult anyone and play within the rules , but i do now have a good idea of the reasonable posters and the idiots .

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It sounded quite good at Peterborough, for the first time this season. Then yes, went back to being pathetic again against Newcastle and Palace. Think we did well enough without too, lots of the older classics and some new ones like the GroupOn one went really well

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Is this a open forum for football fans ? Us being your rivals ? will want to put our views on any anti or pro ? palace topics . So i suggest if you dont like it dont view palace threads . I dont insult anyone and play within the rules , but i do now have a good idea of the reasonable posters and the idiots .

As a matter of interest, why on the BBS don't they allow an away fan to comment on the main board?

Seems rather childish to me - as if they either don't want a reasoned debate, or are frightened of having one??

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
As a matter of interest, why on the BBS don't they allow an away fan to comment on the main board?

Seems rather childish to me - as if they either don't want a reasoned debate, or are frightened of having one??
it works well . I suppose we want to keep palace subjects to be discussed by palace fans . There is plenty of scope in the away end for discussion about attendances .

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
it works well . I suppose we want to keep palace subjects to be discussed by palace fans . There is plenty of scope in the away end for discussion about attendances .

Personally I think it's crap.

There was a very interesting thread on there about the Policing - and I wanted to give an Away Fans viewpoint - but couldn't. It just seems rather childish to not allow non Palace fans on there. If away fans get out of order - or start being abusive - simply ban them.

At the moment, it's rather a one sided debate.

I guess that's what makes NSC so good - anyone can comment on any thread, providing there's no abuse etc...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here