Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Unbelievable.

Pretty much every single club with fans has allowed a little something that has added to their enjoyment and freedom, a little bit of normality if you will and yet here you are trying to stop them. Of course you want more restrictions :drool:

How about you start a petition so we aren’t allowed fans...ever...again, you know, because it’s so so dangerous.

Nah, I’m the one who is happy with the way things are at the club I support. Means I couldn’t really give a shit. You, on the other hand seem very upset so perhaps get going on your petition.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
What's the point of having to set up a bubble if you can't sit with it. Think that's where Albion have got it wrong - can't imagine I'm the only person with no interest in sitting alone watching the game

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What's the point of having to set up a bubble if you can't sit with it. Think that's where Albion have got it wrong - can't imagine I'm the only person with no interest in sitting alone watching the game

It’s not really ‘alone’ or anything like it. We went to Stains as a three - so sat two on one row (three seats apart) and the other on the row behind half way between us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Because the groups are not household bubbles. They can be random groups of mates or extended family. The club are simply doing their bit to encourage social distancing. Stewards don’t know who should be in which group so if these groups were allowed to sit together they could then change on a whim in the ground. If people are determined to flout the rules away from the ground then they will and that’s why we have a second wave. The Albion are doing their best not to make it worse.

Aug 18, 2013
Because the groups are not household bubbles. They can be random groups of mates or extended family. The club are simply doing their bit to encourage social distancing. Stewards don’t know who should be in which group so if these groups were allowed to sit together they could then change on a whim in the ground. If people are determined to flout the rules away from the ground then they will and that’s why we have a second wave. The Albion are doing their best not to make it worse.

They have said to travel together and encouraged people to drive/car share so to suggest it's them 'doing their bit to encourage social distancing' simply doesn't stack up. What happens if 8000 are in the ground, will households have to separate then?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Transport to the ground (if the bubble is allowed to travel in the same vehicle)
While not in the next seat, you would be within easy talking distance if all booked together
Still if this is not to your liking stay at home and let your ticket option go to someone else

Aug 18, 2013
It’s not really ‘alone’ or anything like it. We went to Stains as a three - so sat two on one row (three seats apart) and the other on the row behind half way between us.
Oh i thought I'd read it was 4 seats apart. That's not so bad i guess - but still a bit weird for a family with a Season ticket. Just seems a little odd that we are seemingly the Premier League exception so far.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They have said to travel together and encouraged people to drive/car share so to suggest it's them 'doing their bit to encourage social distancing' simply doesn't stack up. What happens if 8000 are in the ground, will households have to separate then?

Eh ? On the fan’s forum PB was explicit - it’s up to you to make sure you comply with the rules when travelling. At no point did he or anyone else suggest travelling together, car sharing etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

If 8000 are in the ground then we will have already emerged from the second wave so the risk will look different. I agree with you about the car share advice if that is indeed from the club. It should probably be removed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh i thought I'd read it was 4 seats apart. That's not so bad i guess - but still a bit weird for a family with a Season ticket. Just seems a little odd that we are seemingly the Premier League exception so far.

I’m not sure why they don’t at least let younger kids sit with parents.......I know the spacing makes stewarding much, much easier but this would be pretty obvious you’d think.....

Aug 18, 2013
Eh ? On the fan’s forum PB was explicit - it’s up to you to make sure you comply with the rules when travelling. At no point did he or anyone else suggest travelling together, car sharing etc.
They said the bubble of 5 was picked based on a car load. The club website encourages driving to the ground if possible. The inconsistency makes little sense to me but there you go.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Issue is you'll always get the group of 6, all different names claiming they're all step-relatives in the same bubble wanting to sit/stand together in the ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here