Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

They have 40000 st so therefore 20000 odd tickets to sell each game on a normal basis, 17000 after the away team have theirs. We have only 6000 after the away team's allocation. It would therefore be fair to say they have far more staff to administrate the ticketing. Barber has alluded to the effort required to administrate this, remembering it's a cost to the club at a time when income is greatly diminished.

There's always winners and losers in ballots. I, like many are happy. frustrating as it is not to have full crowds, that the club are doing their best.

Anyway come Wednesday when my area drifts into T3 there'll be three tickets on the exchange for you to fight over. :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It's not about the money. It's the fact that we've all signed the same agreement with the club.

Anyway, let's see how people feel in March....

If you feel that strongly about it, then yes you could tell the club to stuff it. Others will appreciate that in a time of crisis our club has shown that it can adapt and will continue to be an inclusive entity, that respects it's fans. The fact it has given equal chance to a North Stand ST to a 1901 super fan to get the few tickets available is proof of this.

All fans are equal (not as some would like, Some are more equal than others)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No need as I'm happy supporting my club and their hard work in getting fans to the ground. I haven't been drawn in P1 for three games but appreciate that for a club Brighton's size doesn't have infinite resources to placate everyone. Our ST's are a high proportion of our capacity leaving few available to administrate on a game by game process. Compare this to Arsenal who have 20000 tickets to sell each game. This means they will have more staff etc to deal with things.

It's a loss making exercise and I like many other are happy just to have the chance to go.

As an aside I was P2 for the first two games and P4 for Arsenal. I was fortunate to get my arse in gear and bag tickets for the first two. If I now go without for the rest of the season sobeit.

i do think some sort of balancing should and could be done and also think people should have been polled about which games they would attend and have some sort of weighting regards once they have attended . A simple app could do this. I am not in this bun fight as my wife has a very poor immune system so it doesn't affect me directly as i won't be going for a while. If i were of in a different position I would be annoyed if I ended up seeing no games and someone saw 19.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
They have 40000 st so therefore 20000 odd tickets to sell each game on a normal basis, 17000 after the away team have theirs. We have only 6000 after the away team's allocation. It would therefore be fair to say they have far more staff to administrate the ticketing.

Honestly, I don't think a database of a moderately different size makes much difference.

Also, there are examples of smaller clubs (eg Portsmouth) allocating tickets on a rotational basis.

Anyway....

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If you feel that strongly about it, then yes you could tell the club to stuff it. Others will appreciate that in a time of crisis our club has shown that it can adapt and will continue to be an inclusive entity, that respects it's fans. The fact it has given equal chance to a North Stand ST to a 1901 super fan to get the few tickets available is proof of this.

All fans are equal (not as some would like, Some are more equal than others)
I appreciate that you think this is a fair system and I disagree, each to their own on this.

But I don't think we should be praising the club and withdrawing all criticism purely because they've found a way to get people back in. Every football and rugby club in the country (not in Tier 3) has had to grapple with this issue - as you rightly point out each with their own speicic challenges. I'd wager Paul Barber is paid more than a lot of the people in charge of dealing with it.

I think we're entitled to have a moan here if we want!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Honestly, I don't think a database of a moderately different size makes much difference.

Also, there are examples of smaller clubs (eg Portsmouth) allocating tickets on a rotational basis.

Anyway....

There's no will to change, no ground swell of discontent.

I'd sooner us win against Arsenal than me be there to see it currently.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

Seems so apt..i think our club have done brilliantly throughout this difficult time

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I appreciate that you think this is a fair system and I disagree, each to their own on this.

But I don't think we should be praising the club and withdrawing all criticism purely because they've found a way to get people back in. Every football and rugby club in the country (not in Tier 3) has had to grapple with this issue - as you rightly point out each with their own speicic challenges. I'd wager Paul Barber is paid more than a lot of the people in charge of dealing with it.

I think we're entitled to have a moan here if we want!

Of course you can moan. And of course others can reply back. Some will go, not enjoy it and not want to go again until the situation changes. Some won't go at all. To all have an equal chance (area of residence permitting) of attending Barber decided to do this way.

Now it's here there's no way Barber will change it as that will create massive issues. I do AGREE that there may have been another way of doing it but whatever was decided would have caused some to complain.

I'm sure Barber has written War and Peace about it, to deflect any discontent.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Of course you can moan. And of course others can reply back. Some will go, not enjoy it and not want to go again until the situation changes. Some won't go at all. To all have an equal chance (area of residence permitting) of attending Barber decided to do this way.

Now it's here there's no way Barber will change it as that will create massive issues. I do AGREE that there may have been another way of doing it but whatever was decided would have caused some to complain.

I'm sure Barber has written War and Peace about it, to deflect any discontent.
I think you're right that it's not going to change. I think my biggest concern is that there won't be a full rest of the season even at 2k.

I think I aimed a point at you which is probably something I have noticed in general on NSC. This idea that we should always give the club the benefit of the doubt and appreciate how lucky we are the way it's run. I don't deny it's clearly a very well run club. But I think some people (not necessarily yourself) are willing to offer management unconditional support on everything, and then guilt trip those who dare to criticise.

As I said - not necessarily saying that's you.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Has the magic "Buy" button turned blue at all over the last couple of days?
And when it does, it will no doubt be the same group of hardy working-from-home tech-savvy people who are there to snap up the tickets!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I think you're right that it's not going to change. I think my biggest concern is that there won't be a full rest of the season even at 2k.

I think I aimed a point at you which is probably something I have noticed in general on NSC. This idea that we should always give the club the benefit of the doubt and appreciate how lucky we are the way it's run. I don't deny it's clearly a very well run club. But I think some people (not necessarily yourself) are willing to offer management unconditional support on everything, and then guilt trip those who dare to criticise.

As I said - not necessarily saying that's you.

I'm generally apathetic about things concerning administration issues, whilst appreciating the complexities of running a large club in todays climate. I tend to agree with decisions but nonetheless can see other points of view.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Seems strange that the ticket exchange has been seemingly suspended. I wonder if they have sold too many tickets!

There was 1 ticket this morning became available in the East Stand when I was online

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think every pl game i have seen with fans in have let group sit together, except us. For Palace at the moment its almost sit where you like

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I think every pl game i have seen with fans in have let group sit together, except us. For Palace at the moment its almost sit where you like

I was going to say something similar. Why are we the only ones who don’t let groups together when it’s clearly ok at other grounds?

Palace’s ‘support’ is nowhere as good as our’s was the other night though.

Best fans in the league :ffsparr:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I prefer our way of doing it. Don’t care what Palace or anyone else does. Less likely to spread the virus and easier to steward. Only takes a couple of morons to ruin it for everyone and we’ve got at least a couple on NSC, let alone the general fan base.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I prefer our way of doing it. Don’t care what Palace or anyone else does. Less likely to spread the virus and easier to steward. Only takes a couple of morons to ruin it for everyone and we’ve got at least a couple on NSC, let alone the general fan base.

Unbelievable.

Pretty much every single club with fans has allowed a little something that has added to their enjoyment and freedom, a little bit of normality if you will and yet here you are trying to stop them. Of course you want more restrictions :drool:

How about you start a petition so we aren’t allowed fans...ever...again, you know, because it’s so so dangerous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here