Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Sheffield United golden ticket thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We haven't needed this for a while - travel advise to a game.

Jnr has a cup game meaning having to schlep all the way over to near Haywards Heath Hospital.

In an ideal world the latest we'll leave the game is 11:30.

Begging the question:-

Do I then bomb round the A272 to the A23
Or
Go pretty much straight down the B2112, Wivlesfield & The Beacon?

I have Bennett's parking, so no faffing about time is needed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Jnr has a cup game meaning having to schlep all the way over to near Haywards Heath Hospital.

Or

St Francis ? Doesn't matter much at the mo I don't think - with so few fans attending the routes in are easy anyway..................(would usually avoid A23 the A27 as getting off at the Falmer roundabout can take ages). I usually go via Lewes meself as approaching the ground from the East always seems so much quieter - might be just as easy to do that from the hospital. Only problem you'll have on any of the roads other than the A23 on Sunday morning - especially the Beacon - is of course the number of ****ing CYCLISTS :moo:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Or

Last game there was barely any traffic at all, a short queue up the Falmer slip road. You’ll have time for a pie!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
St Francis ? Doesn't matter much at the mo I don't think - with so few fans attending the routes in are easy anyway..................(would usually avoid A23 the A27 as getting off at the Falmer roundabout can take ages). I usually go via Lewes meself as approaching the ground from the East always seems so much quieter - might be just as easy to do that from the hospital. Only problem you'll have on any of the roads other than the A23 on Sunday morning - especially the Beacon - is of course the number of ****ing CYCLISTS :moo:

Yeah that's them.

I was mainly wondering if the A road double back was worth considering.
I'm familiar with the lanes just not how much of a ballache it is to get back to the A23.

It's ok about my brethren on 2 wheels as we have a secret code for when one of our own is driving.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

On the Beacon on a Sunday morning I always picture the motorist stuck behind me as admiring my effort and encouraging me onward.

Are you suggesting this might not be the case? :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last game there was barely any traffic at all, a short queue up the Falmer slip road. You’ll have time for a pie!

Any hint of extra time and I'm leaving him there and his manager can get him to the AMEX. :lol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Any hint of extra time and I'm leaving him there and his manager can get him to the AMEX. :lol:

Maybe you should run the line incase a late equaliser needs ruling out!!

“Was i offside Dad, felt I was on and it was the best goal I’ve ever scored?”
“Yes you were son, only a toes width mind, now let’s get going shall we...”
Dad of the Year. :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the Beacon on a Sunday morning I always picture the motorist stuck behind me as admiring my effort and encouraging me onward.

Are you suggesting this might not be the case? :shrug:

Dunno, I'm usually running up there on a Sunday, not driving. Always good to have a chuckle at all the red-faced MAMILS on their expensive machines collapsed next to the gate and give them a cheery 'Good Morning' :lolol::lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe you should run the line incase a late equaliser needs ruling out!!

“Was i offside Dad, felt I was on and it was the best goal I’ve ever scored?”
“Yes you were son, only a toes width mind, now let’s get going shall we...”
"But how did you see that from all the way back at the halfway line?"
"Don't argue with the match official".
Dad of the Year. :albion2:

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Got to wait till tomorrow now to find out if we can all go ffs, one day less to get the tickets in the exchange and sold

dont worry about not selling them - they will go in a flash, I've been refreshing constantly for the last 4 days

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here