Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ruffian Club/The Guardians of Albion

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Jesus, are there really people who seriously think that this has ANYTHING to do with resentment or envy?

Bloody hell. :facepalm:

For me, this is one big dose is mildly amusing silliness; a tickle of some people's funny bone - nothing more, nothing less - and if anyone is feeling resentful or feels this is divisive, they are taking this WAY too seriously.

Yes, thats the same as me, every time I find something that tickles my funny bone, I also start designing clothes & printing teeshirts ???

can your advert be like this please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEMEGLNWrc
sorry, can't embed

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Possibly, but again there is some ill sentiment against the club in many posts, its not all as much a joke as I think you think.

Carry on....

People grizzling that they - wrongly - think they're not going to get a ticket at Falmer because of 400 extra 1901 Club places being sold, and people making a light-hearted joke out of a seemingly off-the-cuff comment from someone at the club about people not in the 1901 Club are two separate issues.

I see mis-placed spite in the extra 400 1901 Club stuff, but I see no spite and anger in this 'Ruffians' stuff.

Maybe I should look harder to find where you see it, but frankly I can't be arsed.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can see where Chappers is coming from with his 'a bit sad' comment but ultimately I think it IS just a bit of fun. Not sure I'll be getting a t-shirt but fair play to those who do. And it is a non-corporate, unofficial fan-inspired group as opposed to the club running an official 'Ruffians Club' along the line of Gully's Gang. Now that WOULD be sad.

And as regards conflict with 1901 Club, well yes there has been some resentment mainly over perceived away ticket allocation, but the stuff on this thread has all been light-hearted. But there has always been an element of conflict between different groups of Brighton fans. When I used to stand in the South Stand at the Goldstone (before it became all-seater) we used to sneer at the North Stand as 'kids'. And both North and South stand use to complain about the moaners in the West Stand.

I can see where Chappers is coming from with his 'a bit sad' comment but ultimately I think it IS just a bit of fun. Not sure I'll be getting a t-shirt but fair play to those who do. And it is a non-corporate, unofficial fan-inspired group as opposed to the club running an official 'Ruffians Club' along the line of Gully's Gang. Now that WOULD be sad.

And as regards conflict with 1901 Club, well yes there has been some resentment mainly over perceived away ticket allocation, but the stuff on this thread has all been light-hearted. But there has always been an element of conflict between different groups of Brighton fans. When I used to stand in the South Stand at the Goldstone (before it became all-seater) we used to sneer at the North Stand as 'kids'. And both North and South stand use to complain about the moaners in the West Stand.

the south will rise again:thumbsup:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Possibly, but again there is some ill sentiment against the club in many posts, its not all as much a joke as I think you think.

Carry on....

Jesus, get over yourself. The whole 'Ruffians' thing is hilarious, a spontaneous outpouring from real fans, and I'm sure even Insider can see the humour in it. Anyway, if you subscribe to the view that the fans ARE the club (which to a large degree I do) then it is they who are speaking. Besides, I'm sure it's a fad which won't last, then we/you can all go back to being po-faced about everything.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
:wave: Enjoy it.

as succint as your reply is 'Ruffians' still seems a bit childish & cringeworthy to me, sorry.
And as for the jealousy part, how did this all start up then?

It was lovely, thanks.

And as for the jealousy part, how did this all start up then?

Er, it's what you said!

Anyway, the 'Ruffians' thing is a bit of fun. The spontaneous creativity is brilliant. Don't forget, this type of thing went a long way to saving our club when different ideas were required to get our message across.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
that definitely makes you a "wuffian".

Indeed, but fair play to him for not trying to slip in below the radar. We don't want any trust-fund Ruffians, thank you.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I saw this as a joke and abit of a laugh until today, my mate of 25years rang me up to ask if I was a 1901 member. When I replied "no" he said "We can no longer be friends", he hung up and has since deleted me from his Facebook friends, I'm his sons godfather for fucks sake WHY...... :cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here