The Ruffian Club/The Guardians of Albion

Attachments

• Picture 11.png
    Picture 11.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 208

Rather than t shirts and scarves, whcih are a bit easy and obvious.

RUFFIANS should turn up to games wearing RUFFS.

like this
d5165331l.jpg

Would look fantastic in blue and white stripos

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Anyone else find this a bit, well, sad?

Yes I do to a certain extent.

At the heart of it is resentment to the 1901 club, and yet all they've done is pay more for their tickets because they can.

I'm all for rivalry with other fans, but amongst our own?

Can we have our logo back at the top of the screen please? This is North Stand Chat.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else find this a bit, well, sad?

Nope. Quite the opposite. While the club have been bedazzled by the profit to be made out of the 1901 Club and have courted them to the exclusion of everybody else, the fans have spontaneously morphed into a brand new thing we can all relate to, that takes the piss and forms a common bond at the same time. No fake Ultras, no sad happy-clappy Reading dreariness in prospect. We have teeshirts! We have a name for our bar! In short, we have an IDENTITY! The 1901ers are missing out on the fun!

Frankly it's one of the best things that could have happened. IMHO, like.

The Ruffians are coming! The Ruffians are coming! :clap2:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Nope. Quite the opposite. While the club have been bedazzled by the profit to be made out of the 1901 Club and have courted them to the exclusion of everybody else, the fans have spontaneously morphed into a brand new thing we can all relate to, that takes the piss and forms a common bond at the same time. No fake Ultras, no sad happy-clappy Reading dreariness in prospect. We have teeshirts! We have a name for our bar! In short, we have an IDENTITY! The 1901ers are missing out on the fun!

Isn't it enough to be a season ticket holder of Brighton and Hove Albion?

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
This thread is the best but not sure if would make a very good Ruffian. Would being a Rascal do and would we have to supply our own sawdust to stand in when in the bar?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Isn't it enough to be a season ticket holder of Brighton and Hove Albion?

So we have a burst of creativity, with a whole bunch of people aiming to ensure that the Amex never becomes a stale corporate environment. What is there not to like ?

The excitement will die down soon enough, the old NSC banner will return and we will be back to the usual back biting binfest threads.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
There has to be an element of 'keeping it real' at Falmer, whichever way you want to dress it up.

I didn't march, write, campaign, shout, cry, etc to be sat in a shiny new mausoleum to our great club.

There's enough room for all of us.

If enjoying a pint and a pie makes me a ruffian - which I still can't believe someone actually said - then so be it!

Viva le ruffalution!

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
There has to be an element of 'keeping it real' at Falmer, whichever way you want to dress it up.!

and just because someone pays more for their ticket or seat they are not "keeping it real"?

I didn't march, write, campaign, shout, cry, etc to be sat in a shiny new mausoleum to our great club.

Did any of us?

Indeed and we're all there for the same reason...

If enjoying a pint and a pie makes me a ruffian - which I still can't believe someone actually said - then so be it!

Doesn't it mean lawless, bully and thug?

I'll shut up now, I'm starting to think this is a joke I'm taking far too seriously.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

There has to be an element of 'keeping it real' at Falmer, whichever way you want to dress it up.

Viva le ruffalution!

Do you really believe all that? The club have been bedazzled?:ohmy:
They have sold corporate seats, What did you want them to do? check with you lot first? This is the club that has a brilliant young manager & a team playing great football, remember.
"Keeping it real"?:facepalm:
and who decided falmer is going to be a mausoleum?
I think Brighton fans are capable of creating an atmosphere without your gang pretending to be the true fans.
Maybe I'm just an apologist but isn't this all borne out of a little bit of jealousy?

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Do you really believe all that? The club have been bedazzled?:ohmy:

Er, no.

They have sold corporate seats, What did you want them to do? check with you lot first?

That's a mature argument.

This is the club that has a brilliant young manager & a team playing great football, remember.

"Keeping it real"?:facepalm:
and who decided falmer is going to be a mausoleum?

Seriously, do I have to reply to this. If you don't understand what I mean, there's no point.

I think Brighton fans are capable of creating an atmosphere without your gang pretending to be the true fans.

What? "Your gang". Have a word with yourself.

Maybe I'm just an apologist but isn't this all borne out of a little bit of jealousy?

The icing on the cake of over-reaction.

"Jealously". For f***'s sake. Jealous of what exactly?

I'll be surrounded by my friends and family in the country's best stadium, watching my team play lovely football.

As for Tedebear, you're missing the point too.

I'm going for a pint.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I feel like I've been waiting half my life for Falmer to happen, yet it still feels tantalisingly out of reach. I'm not signed up for anything and I WANT to be, but the only thing on offer is the 1901 club, then more of the 1901 Club.

But at least I can be a RUFFIAN-ette!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here