Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Ruffian Club/The Guardians of Albion

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm going for a pint.

:wave: Enjoy it.

as succint as your reply is 'Ruffians' still seems a bit childish & cringeworthy to me, sorry.
And as for the jealousy part, how did this all start up then?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Few people missing the point.

Fans, who are not part of the 1901 club who simply enjoy a pint and a pie in a 'normal' part of the ground, were called 'ruffians' by the club. No-one on here came up with the name 'ruffians' - it was given to us. We've just decided to turn it into something positive after some slightly shoddy treatment from BHA (particurlarly those who are Withdean STH's who are still yet to recieve any details about Falmer STH's, etc.). If the club wanna call us ruffians - then so be it - we will be ruffians. Some people are placing far too much emphasis on the actual definition of ruffian.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
:wave: Enjoy it.

as succint as your reply is 'Ruffians' still seems a bit childish & cringeworthy to me, sorry.
And as for the jealousy part, how did this all start up then?

Slick, the name was allegedly coined by a guy selling the 1901.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Few people missing the point.

Fans, who are not part of the 1901 club who simply enjoy a pint and a pie in a 'normal' part of the ground, were called 'ruffians' by the club. No-one on here came up with the name 'ruffians' - it was given to us. We've just decided to turn it into something positive after some slightly shoddy treatment from BHA (particurlarly those who are Withdean STH's who are still yet to recieve any details about Falmer STH's, etc.). If the club wanna call us ruffians - then so be it - we will be ruffians. Some people are placing far too much emphasis on the actual definition of ruffian.

An ill chosen word in a powerpoint presentation forms the basis of a new group....wonders never cease...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
An ill chosen word in a powerpoint presentation forms the basis of a new group....wonders never cease...

The point still stands.

Can't help but think you're taking it a little too seriously as well.

There isn't meant to be a division between our fans. It's just another section of fans with common ground under another name for a bit of fun. I personally don't have anything against individual 1901 members at all. That's got nothing to do with this. Why you/others think it does is simply wrong.

If you still don't like it then f*** off the thread.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Perhaps the issue is more about the fact supporters of BHAFC have lost touch with the reality of how a football club does run in a harsh commercial environment due to the limitations of Withdean.

The current "corporate" facilities are either a portacabin or a room normally used as nursery where as the reality is in the last 10 years football has changed considerably where as Withdean could not accommodate these types of changes in corporate sporting facilities.

Finally the club has the chance to move forward with a new stadium and there appears some deep resentment where in reality we live in a very affluent area where there are many high earners that have leisure spending available to afford this.

Personally we should embrace the fact that the club can finally compete on a level playing field in all footballing terms and not just on the pitch (which we appear to currently be very good at).

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Just curious but can we bind our "groups" together to make one big Ruffian group. Loving all the pictures too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jesus, are there really people who seriously think that this has ANYTHING to do with resentment or envy?

Bloody hell. :facepalm:

For me, this is one big dose is mildly amusing silliness; a tickle of some people's funny bone - nothing more, nothing less - and if anyone is feeling resentful or feels this is divisive, they are taking this WAY too seriously.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There really does need to be a huge ruffians "REMF" flag now. I am sure many would chip in now. Hove B&B for starters? ???

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Jesus, are there really people who seriously think that this has ANYTHING to do with resentment or envy?

For me, this is one big dose is mildly amusing silliness; a tickle of some people's funny bone - nothing more, nothing less - and if anyone is feeling resentful or feels this is divisive, they are taking this WAY too seriously.

Just think that as our group (NSK) want to use the north stand as the main singing base, something like this (if actually real) would be a good idea to join with to make 1 incredible group of supporters.

Last edited:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Slick, the name was allegedly coined by a guy selling the 1901.

Morning PR. I know and TBH it doesn't really bother me (honest)
As I said, great for the kids but the day I see a 45 year old cleaning technician rolling up to Falmer (if he can get a seat) in his Ruffian hoodie, jogging pants & cap :tantrum:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Personally given the various threads lambasting (and at times being vitriolic towards) the 1901 club for whatever preference is now going to be given to away fixtures and the extra allocation of seats being available, you'll have to excuse me for thinking otherwise.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here