Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Ridiculous Tedious Striker Situation

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Thought we looked better when March went off last night, he has a habit of crossing into empty spaces just look up for a second can’t be that difficult
Odd you’d pick the March substitution when our game turned on Lallana and Trossard going off on 60mins. The energy Ferguson and Sarmiento bought really gave us a lift. Was it only March going off on 76mins that we looked better to you?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I think we need to sign a striker, have done since Muzza wandered over the hill. The bargain bucket youngsters approach may work, and I am very pleased to see Fergie get off the mark, but, let’s be honest, our striker recruitment has been poor for years, and in stark contrast to our buys in every other position…
Good that you are finally being honest on this subject 👍🏻

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
sue white 3.gif

Attachments

• 1672652761183.png
    1672652761183.png
    191 KB · Views: 31

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The thing is though, where do you find him. We had a little fella playing for us and for whatever reason, he f***ed us off (looking at you Potter). He wound up defenders, he wound up the oppo fans but unfortunately he also wound up people on here because he didn't score everytime he touched the ball, so he was crap.
That lad in this team would still have lost yesterday, but his annoying shithousery would have rattled a few feathers. And if he scored 8 goals all season, so what. His presence and shithousery is enough to make any defeat tolerable.
Could have been a legend, wanted to be a legend, but shit out of our arses because we can't appreciate the here and now.
Maupay wasn’t improving in fact he seemed to be regressing.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Hoping Evan Ferguson gets a run of games over the next few weeks.

He COULD be the answer…..

LennyTee

Feb 28, 2019
Bedford
Maupay wasn’t improving in fact he seemed to be regressing.
Well if we signed Messi he wouldn't be improving either. He'd still be a very talented footballer but can't improve so we can scrub him from our shopping list.
As for Maupay regressing, he's the type of player who feeds off adulation from fans. Everyone groaning when he misses a chance won't inspire him and then we are in a repetitive cycle until the inevitable happens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"Of course we know what you mean" seems a rather strange strap line for you - we don't!

:shrug: never mind.

View attachment 155299
Sue White is a character from Green Wing. And other 'interesting' gifs with some very lucky bounces are available ???

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well if we signed Messi he wouldn't be improving either. He'd still be a very talented footballer but can't improve so we can scrub him from our shopping list.
As for Maupay regressing, he's the type of player who feeds off adulation from fans. Everyone groaning when he misses a chance won't inspire him and then we are in a repetitive cycle until the inevitable happens.
Good players are good players they don’t need fans to love them or whatever other excuse
there is. It’s like I hear Solly March is a confidence player, well he scored at Southampton I’m assuming confidence and did f all against Arsenal it’s all bollocks in my book.
Maupay’s problem is he needs that extra touch and the chance is gone, if he has to think about it the chance is gone it is what it is or was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here